Are you trading for ZKitty if you don't have any Zela?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by kandjar, Jun 13, 2019 at 2:59 PM.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've seen many ZKitty stuff; but I have a hard time convincing myself to trade for her in hope to get a Zela in the near future...
    I would have to trade: Fujin, Gremoire, Cotton, Ryune, and Fenrir for it (I do have 1 dup for each) and that would leave me without much to trade for future event.

2. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    luckily I have the team mix to make ZKitty a monster.

3. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ????

4. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I don't have ZKitty but I think the general consensus is she is a monster because you have 2 Zelas as subs. If not I don't think it's worth exhausting all your trade fodder for. Kinda of like when people bought Radra back in the day with no Dkalis as subs. She can still do stuff but you are not really getting the whole package.

MisterDrgn and kandjar like this.
  5. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Once Gronia gets her triple 7c, she will be only a minor downgrade from Zela. I traded for ZKitty even though I don't have any Zela's since I have two Gronia's. I'm not sure I would make the trade without either Zela or Gronia, though.

kandjar and Bolts like this.
  6. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mmm... I do have two Fios

7. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Zela's active is far stronger for the team, though.

I wouldn't do it unless you are desperate for a new lead.

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have 5 Zelas on my alt and 1 Zela on my main and I traded for Zela Kitty on both accounts. I don't have any Yoh equips (or Yoh at all) on either account.

I hope I didn't make a mistake trading for Zela Kitty, but it's too late to go back now.

9. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wouldn't say it's "far" stronger. In fact, I'm not sure it's stronger at all unless you have a Yoh or Typhon inherit. The main reason the Zela/ZKitty board is preferred to a GSonia board is because you can use SFUA to get double damage, but that requires the right inherits. If you don't have a Yoh/Typhon inherit, GSonia's active works just as well. You don't get the +2 combo bonus, but that's offset by a slightly lower CD.

Overall Zela is definitely a better sub than Gronia. Aside from being able to utilize SFUA, Zela has a finger and a regular FUA and can equip better killers. But it's not like there is an enormous difference. ZKitty can one-shot all but a handful of enemies in the game with 3 green orbs plus 1-2 triple 7c subs. And even against tougher bosses, the extra damage from SFUA is going to be overkill in most cases anyway. Also, if you don't have a Yoh or Typhon inherit, Gronia can actually outdamage Zela because you can make spike your damage even further by making an L and a VDP. Again, this is inferior to the SFUA option since it requires at least 14 wood orbs. But it's not like it's a huge step down compared to Zela.

TLDR: Gronia is only a minor downgrade from Zela. I would trade for ZKitty without even thinking about it if I had 2-3 Zela/Gronia. Or 2-3 Gronia with no Zela. (Indeed, I made the trade myself despite not having Zela since I have several Gronia.)

10. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    The VDP + SFUA is one specific case where Zela works (and works better than Zela Kitty), whereas GSonia doesn't. And everyone has access to that, because if you don't have a Yoh inherit, you can find a friend who has one.

But beyond that, Zela makes green + hearts, whereas Gronia makes green + dark orbs. Hearts are definitely more useful because healing is a thing, plus you can always do the regular FUA. Before SFUA was an option, Zela had the best active in the game for allowing you to make a 7-combo with massive on-color damage + FUA.

Gronia's active gives you damage, but no healing and no FUA, and also a bit less flexibility in what you do with the board because you don't get the +2 combos.

ko300zx likes this.
  11. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree with all of that. As I said, Zela is a better ZKitty sub than Gronia. I'm just disagreeing with the claim that Zela is "far stronger" than Gronia. From my point of view, Gronia is a pretty minor downgrade compared to Zela. The only time that not having Zela really hurts the team is when you need to do a burst+FUA/SFUA on multiple floors in a row (floors 17-19 of A5, for example). In pretty much all other cases, Zela is replaceable with Gronia and you will still be able to clear any content that you could with Zela. I would trade for ZKitty in a heartbeat with no Zela and a couple Gronia's. (In fact, I did precisely that on my account.)