Arena 1 guides

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by AktionMan, Apr 10, 2018.

1. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anyone know of any places (PADX aside) that has a quick guide or tips for Arena 1? I know it's old now, and relatively farmable. A2 was just released when I took my hiatus so I never beat it on my old account. With my new account, skillups are annoying and I'd really like to be able to farm some pii but 99 stam is a brutal learning curve. Without some better GFEs and without them skilled up, I have no shot at most of the new content.

What are keys? I have Lugh for the absorb void, unskilled. A few 7c subs like Aife, NY Yomi. FUA with Urd. I have Violent Dragonbound for crazy god-killing. But nothing with synergy.

Urd/Urd is my most stable team, based on skillups/synergy: 2.25/56.25/1
    Zuoh/Kami is volatile but I've beaten some hard stuff: 1/210/2 + shield. Satsuki is MVP.

NY Yomi/Diablos is crazy strong but my team sucks... a janky light/blue team where I can't guarantee a max damage board because of missing orb enhances: NY Yomi/Aife/Revo Isis/BValk/Ars Nova.

Any opinions or thoughts? Links to guides?

2. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Note--when Gronia's new ult comes to NA, she'll probably be my go-to, even though I don't have key subs for her yet. Maybe a LOT of help with May challenges can net me a Ragdra, then I can buy an OdinDra since I'm at about 210k right now. Apparently Gronia is top-tier in JP.

3. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    I know this is more geared towards Arena 3, but you could use this guide from @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa
    https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/ragnarok-dragon-team-building-arena-3-edition.104880/

If I'm not mistaken all the spawns are the same minus of course the latents, predras and radar dragons.
    I'm sure there are more A1 specific guides but I just really like the floor by floor break down of what to watch out for from each spawn.

As for a main leader to try - do you have Revo Kushi? She is very strong with even a few decent subs and can go through A1 pretty well. If you want a bigger board for more damage, I know some people pair her with Diablos.

Your padherder also shows you have Anubis. Have you Revo'd him as well? He is very very strong when paired with Diablos and because he only wants combos you can take any mixture of subs with him.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  4. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the link! I’m checking it out now.

Unfortunately my Padherder is my old account... I haven’t taken the time to wipe it out and update to my new one. I should, in order to get any reasonable advice. I don’t have Anubis or Kushi anymore, and the new meta seems to make it harder to find individual pantheon cards, especially older ones, instead pushing batches of GFEs for each Godfest. I’d love to get an Anubis to pair with Diablos.

5. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Generally, have an answer for sopdet, kali and bring fua with enough damage to 1 shot everything except kali.

Also, have enough hp to tank dark hera's preempt.

6. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah I see. I know how you feel. Fortunately since all rates are now listed in the game, I know a few players have had a little luck pulling outside of godfests when the cards they want showed up with a decent %. Whenever you have a yolo roll or two to spare you could give that a try as well? :)

7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    A3 has so many more complications than A1 though.

For A1, it's nice to have

1 A 6x7 leader split-pairing. Combo thresholds become trival, damage from combo counts is improved, 7cc is easy, and instantly naturally solvable boards puts almost no pressure on actives. Diablos is classic but a great many things work.

2 A FUA sub, as there are a handful of perservenace floors and FUA makes them easy. The large majority if you don't have enough hearts you can lightly combo and FUA column kill on attack number two.

3 A board change sub. Else it's annoying to die to Beelzebub full poison preemptive board.

4 An anti-absorb for Sophdet, or enough dmg control to finesse through. Alternate longish CD things like Leona are fine if you pay mild attention to getting them up in time.

5 I usually make the fourth/last sub a damage sub, for breezy sweeping assurance and sweeping Kali floor without any special effort.

Most modern teams, with powercreep card stats and inherit hp bonuses and passive leader activation minor Shields and whatnot, make the DQ preemptive damage threshold without particular problem. If you for some reason run something glass cannon, the DMG sub can swap to a stat stick, or more annoyingly any team can inherit a shield and suffer remembering to activate it.

If your split leader is iffy on damage, an arbitrary gravity inherit makes Kali safe. Classically, I like Hades best in that role for inherited gravity plus a silly amount of solve time, but any gravity is fine.

A2 is basically the same, except
    1 you want either guard break,or a laser, or reliable damage, to knock down the preDra floor. Imho incidental guard break is easiest and doesn't use an active.

2 one anti-void is not farm consistent. You will every so often rng up Sophdet + Parv + Vishnu, and while you can easily reload your anti-void stalling parv and kill her (the recharge wait time aside), if Vishnu also comes up shortly after, you are probably screwed. Otoh, the odds of Parv into subsequent Vishnu are not overly high. Two anti-void are more ideal however.

A3 the guide covers. It basically just stresses your active slots in solo more than the prior A1/A2, courtesy of annoyingly specific radar dragon fight needs, where it's tricky to cover all of HeraDra void plus noahdra color absorb, etc, in a crisp six slots when other rng floor appearance nonsense like Vishnu or a forced board change mean sometimes several actives have to see use before the radar fight. Equip awakenings can make this somewhat easier these days though.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  8. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks guys--this is all great advice. I have done a little pulling outside GFs and snagged some mildly useful cards like Haku, Pandora, Perseus, I'll be waiting for a pantheon to be featured that has any decent combo lead, since right now I have none. Although RaDrag counts, I guess, though I woefully regret spending MP on him.

Sounds like pairing with a 6x7 lead would be ideal (I don't have any, so Diablos BFF it is) and making sure I have FUA/Void/board change. Maybe running with NY Yomi or DKali +Diablos will have to do, with Lugh for void (that 23 CD sucks)...then FUA will have to be Sylvia or Ryune with something useful inherited over.

Right now I have inherited nothing at all, since I'm afraid I'll do it poorly. That is the next step, beyond skillups, and that should make things easier.

All right, I think I have some ideas for now. Thanks everyone!

9. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This sounds pretty good. Dkali is really strong so if you have a good enough team for her she is definitely the way to go. Current ryune paired with current blonia also makes a very nice arena 1 and 2 team that I used a lot when I wanted to bring rows into Arena. If you posted your current box (feel free to posted snaps here or send me a PM), I can give you more ideas based on your box.

10. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    To be honest, I’d LOVE some team ideas as I’m trying to catch back up the the meta. I’m trying DKali + Diablos now and it’s going pretty well, though the team hits much less hard than NY Yomi + Diablos even with Aife spearheading the damage.

Here is my box for now!

PAD1.png PAD2.png PAD3.png

Then another Haku and Pandora, but I’m not adding another pic just for those 2. :) Edit: I have enough +297s to max an entire team. Skillups, however, are another story.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  11. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you evolve Uranus to his awoken form and put him as your DKali subs, surely your team will hit way harder. Also, Typhon is very strong in his Super Evo and only requires you to match 5 hearts to deal maximum damage. Can stall forever due to his massive RCV. The downside is you need dark dragon subs.

12. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can do something like DKali/NY Yomi/Uranus/Isis/Hestia/DKali. Colors are covered for giard break and you dont have to pair with diablos to cover green (gives you options), DKali Yomi and especially Uranus hit like a truck, you got move time and FUA. Hestia helps further improve healing. If you are ok with not covering light, bring in eschamali in place of Yomi. This is probably your strongest team right now.

Once Gronia gets here she will be your stronger leader most likely but you probably already knew that.

13. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I do like Typhon, just don't have enough dark dragons to really make him good yet.

Somehow I forgot that Uranus had 3 7c.... I had left him unevolved for the absorb void active. I just evolved him, since I already had the mats. The only thing I don't like about DKali/NY Yomi/Uranus/Isis/Hestia/DKali is that both Uranus and Hestia have actives that make unclearable boards for DKali. I'd have to inherit something useful over the top, but they both have really long CDs to begin with.

Eschamali is that way too--which is why I might try it with NY Yomi first. That might be the best I have to work with though, until Gronia gets here.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  14. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, nowadays awakenings and stats seem to be more important than active skills, thats why I suggested those cards. But yeah if you are doing a shorter dungeon you can sub out those options, in particular hestia if you dont need the FUA.

15. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Plus with 2 kali actives, that might be enough. Not sure though, I haven't tried her paired with anything except Diablos.

Awakenings, inherits, stats, all seem more important than a few years ago. Throwing some assists on cards to bump their stats and give extra awakenings seems very key.

16. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I didn't think I was capable of doing A1, so I looked up the health values of the floors and realized wow this is easy. I have now proceeded to faceroll A1 with my NY Kami team. Ragdra, Myr (FUA SA), G/x Fujin(Rathios inherit), VDP Ney and Ilmina friend leader.

As I have now realized, A1 is to farm a random Py.

What is farmed for in A2 and A3 specifically? Also, include any incidental drops even if they can't be specifically targeted. Thanks!

17. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

A2 drops a random pii, a random predra, and a HP, ATK, RCV, Time+, or useless killer latent. (Like vendor, enhance killers, and the other 2 meh ones.)

A3 drops a random pii, a random predra, a random tan, and either an all stats latent, or a random killer excluding the ones in A2. Also has a *chance* to drop the Radar Dragon you fight.

A4 drops a random king tan, a random predra, either a pixelit, diamond dragon fruit, or a jewel of creation, a random max level snowglobe, and a chance of the Radar Dragoncallers.

Alt Arena drops lots of evo'd bosses. Like, WAY too many to type. Check yourself: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=3256 Also includes a roll on the evo'd boss drop machine.

I've never run AA, so I can't comment on the drop rates.

Coloseum drops jewels, piis, tans, 2 orpharion parts or 1 and MHera/Mzeus.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  18. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The bold part is a reward for each clear of AA. Select Descended Boss Egg Machine. Colosseum doesn't give a free roll on any machine.

19. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Appreciate the correction. Edited for posterity. :D

20. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This spurred me to go clear Arena 1, and it was ridiculously easy. I breezed through.

I then decided to try A2, and I breezed through with a couple dicey turns when a King Badtan showed up and I was getting horribly heart trolled partly due to previous water fall buff. Plowed over his 10 mil defense, then made it to Lakshmi on floor 17, who promptly awoken/skillbound my team. I had left 2 jammer orbs on the board from a previous floor, and with no way to clear them she dealt me 1mil+ damage on turn 1. Blech. Note to self, clear jammers before floor 17 in case her cheap ass shows up. Anything else woulda been easy, and even she would have been easy as long as I didn't leave dumb unclearable jammers on the board from like 4 floors prior.

Cheeseghost likes this.