Arena 1 guides

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by AktionMan, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    You can board change as well but I'm sure you knew that and didn't have one up..

2. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Her preemptive bound awoken skills, then bound active skills. No board changes. Hence the 2 leftover jammers were 100% unclearable.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  3. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I'm an idiot lol

4. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I finally beat A2!

This was tougher than A1 for literally only 1 reason, I had to construct a team with all colors and use a Diabolos Friend Leader for Guard Break to handle the Tama and Tan/PreDra floor. I actually got unlucky followed up with a lucky in my specific run.

For the unlucky, when I got to the PreDra floor my board change was on cooldown, my board changer is No. 6 with a Leilan assist. My board was the unlucky aspect. I had enough matches for all colors on the board except red which I had only 2 of. This meant I may not have gotten Guard Break to occur since I can't count on a red skyfall match.

My No.6 was 2 turns away from being ready for his own skill (creates 7 random fire orbs and No Skyfall for 1 turn), so I figured if I wipe right here, it won't matter if I get a Sopdet or not in a few floors. I was forced to use OdinDra and Fujin for the 2 turn hastes to get No. 6 ready, I get my red orbs without them replacing or ruining my chances of other colors to proc. Guard Break so I skated by on that. On the Sopdet floor I got a Sphinx so PHEW! lol.

I later got a Parvati, but she is easy to stall for skills and the rest is a wash.

My A1 team is NY Kami(Raphael assist [the 1 with full heart board and 2 turn damage void]), VDP Ney(dark Ney evo from default Ney), Myr(heart box) + FUA SA, G/x Fujin(Rathian equip), and RagDra + God Killer SA. I always use an Ilmina friend leader for this and it's incredibly easy.

My A2 team is NY Kami(Raphael assist [the 1 with full heart board and 2 turn damage void]), Myr(heart box) + FUA SA, G/x Fujin(Rathian equip), OdinDra + Phys. Killer SA, 2 Machine killer latents and 2 skill delay resist, and No. 6 (Leilan) + L Awakening SA. Diabolos for friend leader for Guard Break.

5. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats on the clear! Satisfying, isn't it?? Although A1 is fairly easy, A2 and beyond throw a lot of wacky mechanics at you and there are a million ways your end can run in horrible fashion.

After my first woopsadoodle experience with A2, I used my Gronia +No.6(Lugh) team to clear A2 on my 2nd try, then A3 on my first.

I feel a little cheap somehow... A3 just did not seem that tough. I didn't get any of the damage absorb appearances so I never had to use my Lugh inherit. And No 6 utterly wipes the floor with any Gods that show up, and there are a ton. Ragdra helps too. It just...didn't seem that tough. But I can see how an element of randomness involved in the appearances can make farming it a little less stable.

In a brilliant stroke of luck, I got a Gaiadra appearance so I now have everything except Hera Beorc to evo my Odindra. I thought she'd be tougher than she was, it just took some careful grinding.

6. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats on your first time clears and on Gaiadra. And yeah, Arena 3 isn't that hard anymore, especially with a team like Gronia that is made for harder content such as Alt Arena and Arena 4. Gronia is super OP :)