Arena 3 Solo Clear!!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by SamS, Nov 6, 2016.

1. SamS

SamS ham

Didn't wanna play too long, had too much stam, said fuck it and went into a3. Didn't expect this lol

meimei, grisar, vish, defoud, beelz, heradra, lkali

unfortunately no drop but happy nonetheless :')

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  2. pooker

pooker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Amazing! You even got a combo shield in there. How did you deal with beelz poison board?

3. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  4. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I bet there is a board change on Venus. Saria or Apocalypse is my guess. Am I right? :D

5. SamS

SamS ham

@pooker @CloudStrife haha yeah I do have a saria inherit on venus, but I was saving it for the kali kill shot, saria -> lakechi (which ended up not even ohko-ing... LOL)

what I did instead was pop adqxq which makes full blue, then myr to make a heart cross :)

Vaedriel, David@PF, ainvar and 2 others like this.
  6. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats!! Out of curiosity, I see you have a Paimon on your Myr team, is that typical or just for A3? I have Paimon and was thinking about putting on my Myr team somewhere... but struggle with the thought of who to ditch?

7. SamS

SamS ham

Thanks!! :) Hmm, well originally my team had dq instead of paimon. I don't have apoc (who I think would replace venus), so that meant I had fewer subs to compete for paimon's spot.

I chose to use paimon specifically for this run because of his massive hp and attack (much better than dq) and his haste. There were many times during the run where the haste helped bring important actives back up in time. Also, more often than not there will be at least 2 hearts on the board, so paimon making 3 was enough to make a cross for most situations. His cd itself is also only 7, which along with the haste means I have more actives to use than if I had brought dq instead.

That being said, there were times when there was only only one heart on the board and paimon only making three didn't help.. LOL

After this run, I think I'd prefer paimon over dq in general, but that's just my personal opinion. The other teams I run most often are ronove, acc and kaede, which all have plenty of hastes to go around, so myr not having any is something I didn't like as much. Paimon solves the issue for me. I think if you have him, running a board changer, two double orb changers like dqxq and wukong, and paimon would be a good choice for subs.

Vaedriel likes this.
  8. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for sharing! My current line up is Apoc/ADQXQ/Wukong(Saria)/LAkechi so I may put Paimon in for Akechi... and SI Akechi on my Myr, and see how it goes. :D

SamS likes this.
  9. SamS

SamS ham

I think that's a great idea. Akechi's skill is so good, but I think he's better off being used as an inherit haha

.. but to be fair I might be biased because I don't have akechi myself and I love my myr friends with akechi inherits LOL

Vaedriel likes this.
  10. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I initially resisted using him as an inherent because he has really good damage output, however only having four awakenings (in our current meta of 7-9 awakenings) makes him the first to go, which makes me sad. If one day they add more awakenings then he'd have a permanent spot on the team!

SamS likes this.
  11. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Myr players who don't have LAkechi (ahem) really like people who inherit him on Myr.

recife, Vaedriel and SamS like this.
  12. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think that was a hint. What it a hint? I think it was...

[​IMG]

Send me a friend invite and you can use my Myr... :D though must warn you that I am still working on getting both her and Akechi skilled up! Shypiis, you know.