Arenas / DAthena

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by stratataisen, Jun 7, 2018.

1. stratataisen

stratataisen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So, I've only ever cleared Arena 1 once (in co-op with my alt account, and I can't tell you with what team because I seriously don't remember). I recently tried clearing Arena 2, but failed miserably. I tried both with a DAthena team and a Mega Blonia team (again, co-oping with alt account). Since I was having trouble I decided to go back and try Arena 1 again, figuring that would be a little easier and I would at least get a Py from it. Nope.

-sigh- I don't know if it's my team setups, just me being bad at the game, the dungeon trolling me with RNG bosses, or all three. I know I struggle at getting higher combos quickly (Watching Mantastic I know I'm really slow). With DAthena I can sometimes bearly get 5+c while with Mega Blonia I can more consistently get 7+c.

(Main teams I use, I did switch up subs to see if it would help)

Main Account : DAthena // Revo Haku, Revo Loki, Revo Persephone, FUA Ryune
    Alt Account : Revo Haku, Revo Persephone, FUA Ryune, Revo Hades // DAthena

Main Account : Mega Blonia // Julie, Blue Ney, FUA Ryune, A. Amon
    Alt Account : Revo Karin, Blue Ney, FUA Ryune, Blonia // Mega Blonia (ok, yeah...too many board changers >.>)

Suggestions would be helpful, even if they're for another team entirely.

2. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

I think D.Athena's atk multiplier is kinda outdated for Arena... don't get me wrong, but 49x is a low multiplier for that.

3. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is it? I've been away for a while. =/

4. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DAthena's leader skill is perfectly fine for clearing A1. When she was at the peak of the meta she was the queen of farming it. Looks like you've got a solid team as well that should be capable of taking it on reliably. What seems to be the main issue for your runs?

It appears that you've got all the necessary utility covered. Don't be afraid to use actives, especially Athena's. With as tanky as she is and her 3 turn delay it's easy to get them back up again. And if you're not already, I'd suggest using the +2 second badge. You really should get comfortable hitting 7 combos with 1 or 2 prongs for hitting maximum damage.

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You just have to try memorize all of the spawns' moves so our know when to kill, when to stall, when to use skill etc. Eventually you'll clear it and when you did it enough time you'll be farming without realizing.

mtb911 likes this.
  6. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    Sorry for my long winded reply. I love Dath <3

I'm a huge fan of Dath and I feel a lot of people underestimate her. I still use her to clear end game content, she can easily clear arena 1/2/3 (3 has a requirement for consistency) but I'm going to say not arena 4 (I'm assuming, maybe she could but not easily) and not Alt. Arena (again I'm assuming)

Having FUA ryune and a revo haku is priority #1 and you have that covered. Persephone and loki are OK. If you co-op a lot, you don't need loki on the team (usually used for 100% SBR) and can use him as an assist. Skill bind resist is cumulative across the 2 teams in co-op so 2 sbr on one team and 3 sbr on the other makes for 100% resist. Also 80% is good enough if you run single player, I know some people bitch and whine about not having 100% skill bind resist but I've been running at 80% for over a year and can count on 1 hand how many times I've been skill bound. If you do get skill bound you can usually stall because it's dath, if not, die and do it again lol.

What other dark subs do you have? Sima yee? Typhon? Another Haku?
    Perephone is fine but I would replace loki and use him as an assist as you don't need a burst except for radar dragons/kali. Hades on your alt can be replaced and used as an assist as needed. Fenrir is also a useful assist.

Another big game changer are killers. I have an evo mat account with a dath team with dual haku, fua ryune and pandora with no killers and the damage difference is HUGE compared to my main and alt with killers.
    My killers for dath:
    Dath (2 devil, 1 physical), Typhon (2 healer, 1 devil), FUA ryune (2 machine, 1 devil), haku x2 (2 dragon, 1 attacker for both), sima yee (was replaced by typhon) 2 dragon, 1 physical.

I would suggest to NOT put god killers on the dath team. That reason alone is why I've never been killed by sophdet in any arena with dath. If you ever need a god killer for something other than arena 1/2/3 then slot in loki with 3 god killers or something.

Tpa can be hard to use and in co-op you get no TE badge. Just keep practicing and you will start hitting those 7c more often with 7ish seconds move time. Sometimes it won't happen though and that's why killers are fantastic!

For arena 3 you need a fujin active for vishnu or hera dragon for consistent clears. You can do it without one and kill vishnu but be warned that skyfall will always happen, especially when you don't want it lol. 1c becomes 7c very quickly when the game wants to kill you. Leona is a great assist for dath and if no leona then any other fujin type active works. A burst like facet is also perfect but I'm going to assume you don't have a facet/fujin. Loki can make do as a burst but vishnu and hera dragon suck with their absorb and that is where the fujin active is needed.

If you plan on using Dath all the time I can add you on my evo mat account as the only teams it has is Dath and pad island fujin lol. It has facet and 2 killers on Dath. I can also put fujin on dath if you want. I will also best friend you if you plan on running dath a lot so you can always use her.

EDIT: Forgot to add put the longest cool down skill you can on Ryune. I put Clthulu on mine for main and alt but anything with a very long cool down (+30 turns if possible) will work (or anything that makes dark/water/hearts)

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  7. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ALL of the arenas are more about knowledge than they are about skill. If you can 7c a board consistently with either of those leads, you should have no problem with A1, once you get used to the spawns. The only way to learn the spawns is to play. Most people who farm end game stuff know it so well because they have died to everything once or twice. Just keep on trying and dont get discouraged.

As I always say, famous quote: "The difference between the beginner and the master is that the master has failed more times than the beginner has tried".

Jph81 and Trap like this.
  8. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, thanks for all the help! =D

@tetsusaiga64 I mainly play in co-op with my alt account, so badges don't matter. Besides, I wouldn't be able to use my team if I used the 2 sec badge, my team cost is too high for the rank I'm at.

@Fridgeboy I don't mind the long post. XD It's rather helpful.

I pretty much only co-op with my alt account (the whole reason I made that alt account. XD).

I have quite a few dark subs (my pad herders are all up to date - or should be.) I don't have a Sima on either account, sadly. I do have an Ana Typhon (I can change it if need be) on my alt (unskilled), and a second Revo Haku on my main with a possible third Revo one in the future (maybe). And no Fenrir. Would Castor be good? (have 1 on my main, and three on my alt).

I don't have many killer latents. =/ But I'll use what I can.

I know...been playing the game on an off for three years, you'd think I'd get better. I don't know, I've looked at videos on how to improve and nothing really seems to click. I think it's the fact that I don't always see what the person teaching does, or maybe I only look for simple matches?

I'm not really looking at Arena 3 atm, I just want to survive the first two. =P But I do have a Fujin on my alt account. And a Facet on my main. Edit: Oooh, I just got Lugh on my main account, similar skill to Fujins just no haste. I'll take it!

And I'm actually farming up a few Azazels for long cd Inherits.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  9. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    That is all great news for your Dath team!

If you don't mind I will make a team suggestion for both which is up to you of course in the end.

Arena 1 and 2 - (assists)
    Main:
    Dath (facet) Pretty much made for the Dath team, max skilled or not doesn't on the leader as she will be up in time for kali
    Persephone (loki)
    FUA Ryune (huge cool down something)
    Haku (yomi or pandora if you want for more heals)
    Haku #2 (Loki for arena 2, or 3rd haku)

ALT
    Alt Dath (fujin if you want for pavarti I guess in arena 1 or for vishnu for arena 2 or a long cool down time delay like zeta hydra or orochi)
    * ULt Typhon (huge cool down something or maybe revo hades). Now I see you have ana typhon and I know some use her with her super awakening FUA for Clea (mega blonia?) but seeing as you have FUA ryune I would suggest changing typhon to his new ult with triple TPA as he becomes an attacker which works with Dath as ana typhon typing does not. Another heart maker has made things a lot easier and he has bind clear, while he can be bound, it never hurts and he brings 3(!!!!) TEs to the team (much needed TEs) and charges skills 1 turn. His attack is insane and with triple TPA he does excellent damage if you don't hit that 7c for haku. (You can also use him as a lead and he kicks ass)

Fua Ryune (long cool down something)
    Haku (Maybe hades or yomi or loki)

last sub here can be Persephone, okuninushi or even your blue dragon caller ney and run whatever for an assist.

Both teams don't have to be super stacked as my alt was OK for a long time. My main was the end damage dealer but both were fine for taking arena 1 solo or co-op and they looked similar to what you got going on.

For Arena 1, floor 13 is where sophdet can show up. She's easy with dath, just do 3 dark and 1 other non blue combo while she is light or tpa of water/fire and 2 or 3 other non dark combos until she turns dark and then you can do 3 dark and 1-4 other non blue or tpa of water/fire and some otherr combos. If you accidentally skyfall and heal her don't worry about saving your delay and use it. 15 is hino kagutsuchi. Don't screw with hino, he's so gad damn weak that if you look at him funny skyfall will go and kill him and bye bye skills. I don't screw around with him, if there isn't 5 hearts on the board I will use ryune (or typhon) or delay and crush his soul.

Arena 2 you need to do 10m damage to break predra def. Loki now gives 2.5x so loki should work. lumiel and famiel also work but the next floor is zeus/hera and sonia gran who both have resolve and lumiel and famiel make a board with no hearts, keep that in mind. sophdet is floor 15/ hino floor 17 and vishnu floor 19 and ilsix floor 20. Those are pretty much the annoying spawns.

For both arena 1 and 2 keep a board changer ready in case you get beelzebub who makes that lovely full poison board just before kali.

I can't recall now but if there is a dungeon with an annoying locked board or orbs locks you can slot in awoken castor as he has the board unlock awakening but you should be fine.

Arena 2 is pretty much the beat just to unlock A3 dungeon. I farmed arena 1 to skill up my rushana and eventually you will see how much of a joke arena 1/2 is with Dath. A3 takes a bit more work depending on which radar dragon you get.

Try to get the killers though as it is worth it. It made my Dath team so powerful. 2 dragon/1 attacker for the hakus. 2 healer / 1 devil for typhon, 2 devil 1 physical for dath. Do whatever with ryune. You can make your alt dath 2 physical 1 devil if you wanted also. Use the trade system! That's how I got all mine collected. Trade your other killers or spare pys for them.

I'll add you to my evo mat account, we have to wait 30 days but I usually have 3 of each killer so I can try to help you out through trade....in 30 days lol

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    sgt502 likes this.
  10. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Fridgeboy Thanks! I Best friended you on my main account, sadly I already used the one I had on my alt. >.<

I also put Uranus on Typhon, unskilled it's a 20 turn ability and it has an Attribute absorption because I always seem to get the bosses that absorb Dark. =P

Also, I don't have a second Loki on my main account for the second Haku. =/ Would a none Revo Haku work? I have Xmas Haku atm, waiting to evo the third Haku for when the evo changes go into effect (I think they're changing all the evos? Unless I'm miss understand the whole evo egg thing).

Should I put killers on Persephone and/or Ney?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  11. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    No problem for the best friend for your alt, less important than your main.

Sounds good for typhon, that is a great skill assist for him. especially if you get zaerog absorbing dark forever lol.

All they are changing (I believe) are the required evo mats. The evos themselves don't change.

Sorry it was 3am when looking at your pad herder for each account and the dark stuff blended together haha. You only need one loki.

Since you have 2 persephone (1 on each team) then I would use loki on one persephone and you can put eschmali on the other (I think your main has eschmali?). As for the hakus, definitely give one a haku assist, for the other hakus it comes down to what you want for late game stuff in the arenas. maybe you need more time so you don't mess up the kali kill, so assist hades. I THINK you only need 2 dark TPA (and a blue of course) with the facet active if you don't hit 7c to one shot kali but I'm not sure as I have killers.

As for killers the priority are the heaviest hitters. Because persephone only has 2 tpa where haku has 2 tpa and a 7c (and a 3rd tpa if you limit break and super awaken) and dath/typhon have 3 tpa, those are the priority for killers. Even I would give killers before persephone because you have her on your mega blonia team. Ney is up to you but I would put in her before or after ryune who is after you get hakus/dath/typhon done. Ney is great sub but at this point you need as many TE as you can get to help your combos and ney brings none. Also focus on your main first, even if you have to trade killers over to your main from your alt.

Your 2 hakus on your main should get 2 dragons killers each and give Dath 2 devil killers, typhon 2 healer killers. The reason you pump the heavy hitters first is because it makes the most impact. if persephone hits for 1m and haku is hitting for 2m then with one killer persephone hits for 1.5m and haku does 3m. Adds up quick.

I also wouldn't put much into persephone for killers as she will be the first to be replaced if you get better subs. Either a second haku for your alt or typhon/sima yee on your main...etc

I hope that all made sense lol

EDIT: Forgot to add, don't put those boost all stats on dath ( or anyone really lol use them for trade). I will admit that it drives me crazy when I see that. Not only is it pretty much useless unless you put them on something with a multiplayer boost or 2 but when you put them on someone like dath with 0 rcv, they give 0 rcv boost. So don't worry about replacing those with another devil and physical killer.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  12. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I've beaten the first Arena a few times now, with a few deaths because of my own f-ups. lol. I'm getting 6c a little more consistently with 6 seconds to move the orbs.

I really need to skill up my Dragonbounds. XD I forgot most of them are not. LOL

Fridgeboy likes this.
  13. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472

Nice! Did any of my books help? lol

Do you have your typhon devolved and evolved into his ultimate attacker type evo?

I'll add you on my main too as I use her and typhon enough. If you ever want to co-op through arena 1/2/3 (or anything else) let me know!

14. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Fridgeboy Yes, both volumes one and two were very helpful!

I did devolve him and then evolve him into his attacker type.

I am half tempted to try and get a Sima-Yi for SI. >.> Not loving the Pandora sometimes...either that or maybe sticking a blue orb changer in there somewhere. Hmmm.

15. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    Well in arena 1/2 MOST spawns you don't need to one shot, so if there's no blue just combo off as much as you can. Gotta work with what you got, if pandora is on a haku and she isn't helpful then maybe try lumiel, sure another colour is diluted in there but at least you will have dark/blue (normally)

Sima yee is useful but not required, double heart maker is great though (typhon/ryune). This is also why I put very long assists on my subs because I like their skills lol. Hera nyx is a good long inherit, same with your azazels

16. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    For your mega Sonia team the problem the team usually has for most people is that it doesn’t have enough RCV to make up for the health and makes it hard to live. If you don’t have better rcv subs that are blue dragons (Mizutsune in particular would be awesome) then maybe you have a Mel. It’s off type but the heart orb enhances have helped many Rushana teams get the job done (rcv stick there too even though off color) and it can work for you too. Between this and a spike the mega Sonia should walk through the arenas.

17. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    Valentine box equips help too!

18. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't have anyone o those, I wasn't playing during that time. >.<

Beating Arena 2 on and off. =D Might try to farm that to get the latents...always fail at the runs that give me a killer. >.> Figures. LOL

19. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    The radar dragons are tough the first few times! but as you get killers they will get easier too haha

20. stratataisen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All the Latent I've been getting are everything BUT killers when I don't fail the A2. LOL Still really inconsistent with my wins on it though. =/