August Challenge Dungeons!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Fridgeboy, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

So for 8 I used Revo Belial, no problem

9 I went in blind with typhon, and either did too little damage or too much, went back in with yusuke and VDP'd his face.

Tried 10 once, I tried dagda for fun in co-op, didn't even get past the 1st floor. Maybe rikuu? or myr?

2. timm

timm New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    whats your team for Revo Belial?

3. Fridgeboy

I run Belial (Nerva), awoken trailo (ying yang equip), non lead dantalion (ronia), haku (V. Haku), Typhon (Azathoth)

Belial (ronia), Okuninusji (barbara), Haku (V. haku), Typhon (Leona), Dark Cotton (ying yang equip)

timm likes this.
  4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Doing co-op for awoken skill invalid is mostly bad because except for the leaders, skills charged twice longer. I've seen Fio and LoliMyr tackle C10. Just gotta have a delay (base Orochi or Zeta Hydra) and spike for Noah and stall some turns on F1, F4 or F5. You will likely stall the 5 turns of -99% damage on Zeal anyway.

Vaedriel likes this.
  5. timm

timm New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I used Fio on 9 and had great success. On 8 I used Zela and she managed to 4 combo through Kana. 10 is just really planting my face in the dirt. Thanks for showing me how to use Belial though. That really helped. I've never used him and I've been trying to figure out a complimentary team.

6. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Did 8 with Reeche x Makoto. 9 with Yusuke. 10 with Miru. Brought a 4 turn delay instead of a 5 turn for C10, thought I was dead because I'm terrible with spinners. But I manipulated the spinners to make them all light, then popped a Miru active and killed while the spinners were paused from CTW.

Vaedriel and HappyNoms like this.
  7. Fridgeboy

My belial team with the trailo and ying yang equip in 3P has 191k HP. I can actually tank sopdet over and over again as I can heal to full or almost full in 2 turns. I know because I tried it and it was the most satisfying thing I've done in this game. Ever. F*ck you sopdet.

timm likes this.
  8. Fridgeboy

I beat 10 with rikuu in co-op, was pretty easy with his rcv. Stalled on verche. Waited for the shield to be down on boss and unleashed x3 attack for dragons twice from shiva dragon assist.

9. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Finished all of it with Vraska. The only time I died was to C10, one to Sphinx because I knocked him down below 10% and another to Lilith because a random mortal poison skyfall killed me. The third time, I got to Noah but I had no idea how to fight her and attempted to kill her turn one and that was a mistake. By the time I found out that there's a turn where she drops her shield for the kill, I didn't have a damage enhancer and died to her one-hit so I just stoned for the continue to kill.

10. Fridgeboy

Seems like Vraska is very strong

11. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    She is a little weak to 99 cuts, where spending her active can be annoying, and wood VDP aren't so hot, though there is Tardis SA, though his damage is pretty vanilla. Your anti-void can be sketchy, box depending, though you sometimes have the high up to just fair fight without resisting to anti-void. Leona is reasonable (wood subattribute) colors but significantly slower CD than most on Vraska bi/tricolor team. I suppose we can now skillup wood Panera 53 times, but pfft.

On the whole, very strong.
    But if you run it a bit, you notice it's relatively weak in an area or two.

It is pretty resilient to stripe, cloud, and spinner, in being undemanding in minimum activation needs, making whether you brings subs with SA or rare equips relatively optional.

Anti-posion equip is a must though, imho.
    Your RCV is garbage versus your hp as a ratio, and poison, particularly mortal poison, gets painful fast.

12. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Vraska is definitely pretty solid, she has her weaknesses, of course, but nothing that seems to be overwhelming and will utterly shut her down. She, herself, being able to unlock, board change, and recovery boost helps a lot in terms of utility. She can control damage pretty well and having a minimal activation requirement allows her to somewhat deal with jammers and poisons. Mortal poisons can really ruin her run but regular poisons are manageable as long as they don't get out of hand - R.Bastet with Rathian weapon takes care of poisons if I'm desperate enough to. A green VDP option is pretty limited though, Pixel Bartz is really the only one that comes to mind who is pretty good for that purpose. Over all, she's powerful and I can be confident enough to go into most dungeons blind with her because she can cover most situations with subs and/or assists. I used to run Ed before I got Vraska and I much rather prefer Vraska than Ed, I just feel so much safer with her even though Ed has (mostly) a static shield.

Fridgeboy and timm like this.
  13. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    The challenge 8-10 are the only tough stuff and for fun I sent vraska through all of it with relative ease. One shot all of them with a team that has general use. My subs are SoniaFio(Sasuke Equip)/Cronus(Cronus base form inherit)/OdinDra(GOdin Equip)/Nees(Maxed everything but skill Azathoth). This team has around 200k hp solo depending on the friends inherit and has two moves to heal. I usually find a friend with Rathian to sure up the one thing I’m worried about.

Vaedriel and Fridgeboy like this.
  14. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I did C10 with Yog/Aten split with my alt.
    Main: L/x Aten/RVenus(Ilm)/RApollo/Odindra/BCotton(Muse)
    Alt: L/x Yog/RDQXQ/ROrochi(zHydra)/Rushana/Apoc

I actually meant to throw Genkai (2.5 atk water and light) on Venus, but I forgot and added Ilm instead.

With 2x hp and 3x rcv under 80%, survival is pretty easy and +5 sec and 7x6 board from Aten is nice. I stalled a ton on Sphinx, duked it out with Draggie. Don't mess around on floor 1—I made that mistake the first go-around. Drawn Joker and Lilith (until her increased attack) are easy stalls.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Fridgeboy likes this.
  15. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared all in Coop.

I'm pretty sure I did C8 this one with Clea.... (and kept the same team for C9...)

I wend blind on C9 using Clea.... without any burst for Gaia dra :) I was able to resist his big burst thx to Distel (dunno why he was there... but i ll take it :p)
    -> Not recommended ;-)

I cleared C10 using Fio. (Note: you can stall Noah's rotating orbs!!!!! -- I almost died coz padx was confusing and I thought we didn't have much turns to clear the floor)
    -> Recommended!!! :D

Fridgeboy likes this.
  16. Fridgeboy

I haven't seen you post in awhile, you got vrask too eh?

I did it with rikuu co-op but if I had couldn't do it co-op I was going to do Green Ney and Vraska. As long as their isn't a bunch or gravities she seems like the go to team.

17. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

C10 is crushing me. What's the basic strategy? Play solo instead of co-op? I guess I could go DIdeal rainbow and just try to clear the board every time? (Although frankly I'm awful at that.) I do have Green Ney teams and access to Vraska... will take any suggestions.

18. Fridgeboy

I got lucky in co-op with rikuu but apparently single is the easiest because your skills come up in time. I have seen people report that green ney and vraska have done it solo. Bring a burst like green wise dragon or something

19. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I did C10 solo with Fio and Vraska. Kill Blue Wisedragon and Lilith quickly. Lilith can spawn poison skyfall which can ruin you. Stall on Sphinx to get all skills up, just don't hit him too hard or he might kill you when you push him into rage zone. Bring a delay (vanilla Orochi works best) and an enhance. Since you don't have awoken skills, the only enhance that would work is a color-based such as the green girl from MtG (4x ATK green for 1 turn) or Bacches (5x ATK green for 1 turn). Bonus if you have Tardis because he can erase Drawn Joker's time debuff.

Stall one turn on Noah, pop a delay and let her 75% shield disappear then use your board change and enhance.

Vaedriel, iddybat and Fridgeboy like this.
  20. Fridgeboy

^^ What he said lol

sgt502 and iddybat like this.