Awoken Cao vs Arena 1 Solo

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by ViewtifulGene, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Epharian

Epharian New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, this is a few days old, but hey, i have some questions.

First, I am running a low+ team now, probably a bad idea to tackle arena?

Second, My team is currently ACC/A Minerva/Yamato/Antares/Flex (because I don't have scarlet)/ACC. Normally I put belial in the flex slot, but my gadius is pentamaxed, so I think I'd bring him. Is this team remotely viable once fully skilled & +d? Or am I a lunatic for wanting to try this.

Third, how much easier is this in coop?

thanks for answering this scrubs questions.

2. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    1) It's not the worst idea attempting Arena with a low +egg team. It will give you a feel for the dungeon and you'll get an idea of what spawns your team can handle and what will give your team problems. As long as you aren't burning stamina on Arena that could be used to improve your teams, why not try it out? 2) I posted a solo Arena clear in the A. Cao Cao thread. I had Yamato and A.Minerva, but no Antares. My last 2 subs were RGY as my bind clearer/flex and Urd. Antares is a great sub because of the active and having the god killer awakening for Kali and her shield. Yamato and A.Minerva have helped a scrub like myself clear Arena, so they should help you as well. As for Gadius, he's sketchy at best without Uriel to use after his active. A 4 color board (red, light dark and hearts) is very unreliable on its own. I haven't looked at your herder, but unless you don't have any better options, yes you'd be a lunatic for bringing Gadius by himself. 3) I don't coop much, but when I have, its definitely easier. You have more hp, more skill boosts. Its tougher to die if your coop partner has very good cards or is a very good player.

3. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Plus eggs are really important for any Arena team. You want to minimize the chance of death to anything besides player error. There is nothing worse than dying to a raging Kali or Athena, because you left them at 1% when a fully egged team would've killed.

I would recommend building a Scarlet before seriously attempting Arena. You really want at least 2 haste actives to minimize the need to recharge actives. Cao is not made to stall.

I frankly have never tried Arena co-op with Cao. I imagine it takes a fundamentally different approach because systems don't work the same way. I built my Cao team from the ground up with the intent of soloing Arena.

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  4. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Just as a tale to illustrate that a less than ideal ACC team can handily beat A1. It was only one run, so it's a limited data set with respect to RNG spawns. Everything is hypermaxed.

ACC [Ronia] / Scarlet / Urd [SDR inherit] / Chiyome / AHorus / ACC [Susano]

Disconnected with partner after clearing tamadra binds.

I put Horus in place of Laila to help with move time / combo shields and time debuffs. Not the most ideal setup, but I had stamina to burn and this is a weak spot for my ACC team. I've since inherited Horus onto Chiyome for C10 and some A1 runs, but he can't stay there forever.

I guess my ACC team is stuck with lousy move time and weakness to 6+ combo shields.

ViewtifulGene likes this.
  5. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats on the clear. It will only get easier as you start adding more Scarlets.

Orb time will always be a weakness for Cao. That's just part of the game when the lead has no fingers and has no ideal subs with double fingers.

In my experience, the key to combo guards is to have a row as close to ready as possible before you go for the kill. For me, this sometimes entails using 2 actives instead of one, just so I'm not pulling together reds from across the screen. But yeah. The struggle for orb time is real. My team only has 3 fingers.

You didn't encounter Parv on your run, did you? I'm curious about how one would handle Parv when Chiyome hits her with 2 Killers.

6. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Precisely. Solo you manage actives based on what's coming up. Coop is same but you have to plan for alternate floors and a partner who may or may not be aligned with your plan. A bit more challenging imo.

7. Snarf

User ID:
    Thanks. Maybe I will add another Scarlet or two (or three). Regarding having a row prebuilt: Laila has been pretty helpful in that regard, but she has no plus eggs and isn't maxed skilled--not sure if I want to go all in on her, considering she's not really an elite card and my core team already has at least one sub-elite card in Chiyome. Another Scarlet may be better in most situations.

I don't recall facing Parvati on that run. Yeah, x9 with killers and x2 against green. In fact, I didn't think about how she, in particular, would react to Chiyome. I'm pretty sure I've passed Parvati in Ultimate Endless with this team matching reds in nonrows on turns without activation. I can't say for certain. I might have to pull Chiyome out for A1 runs or just deal with the RNG. I really like her quick cooldown, though, and the killers do help with orb conservation.

8. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Speak for yourself, buddy. I just smash whichever button is up.
    Laila might actually be better than Chiyome. Instant row will help for Defoud's horseshit. And her Dragon/Attacker Killers will help more than Chiyome's Devil/Balanced. Chiyome's Killers are a liability for Parv. Laila only triggers damage absorbs on Vishnu, but Cao has no business in A2 anyway. You grind out A2 with some shit like Myr ONCE. Then you go back to A1 for your Piis with whatever, including Cao.

Snarf likes this.
  9. Snarf

User ID:
    That's good advice.

I just looked at UEC and Parvati isn't in it, so I definitely haven't faced her with ACC.

10. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's not all that different. My partner has 3 Scarlet/Antares. I bring 2 Scarlet/Antares/Yamato. He has Ronia on his CC for the Kali kill shot. He uses an active every turn. We stall where we can, but there is very little, if any, forced stalling.

11. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't the haste loops stop working if you run co-op? I thought it was contingent on each sub getting 3 consecutive turns of rest.

12. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    With 4 hastes at 7 turns, each haste does get 3 consecutive turns of rest.

13. xythun

xythun New Member

It only really changes how you have to interact with the leader's actives because they get hit twice.

In a team with haste on the leaders you stick to using your own leader's active twice as much to complete the system and leave the other lead's active alone unless it's life or death.

In a team like ACC you need to pay attention to how fast his active is charging up especially if you have a completely different utility inherited on it. Quite a few times I died because my alt used to have an LMeta inherit (only bind clear it has) until I bit the bullet and just went for Mori instead.

14. Priority Bacon

Priority Bacon Member

Thank you so much for putting the time onto this guide... it is excellent!

Just cleared Arena with...

ACC / Scarlet / Dantalion / Antares / Yamato / ACC

The 3 hastes really kept the damage going
    No SIs but got pretty lucky with the spawns.

ViewtifulGene and Jph81 like this.
  15. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm so jealous of your Dantalion. Enjoy the free Piis.

16. BillyBlanks

BillyBlanks Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First arena clear, thanks Gene! Brought Yamato, Uriel and 2 scarlet, all hyper. Put unskilled Susano on my ACC and SL2 Thuban on one of the Scarlet. I need to skill those two inherits up but the guide helped a ton.

It was my second attempt I cleared, the first one I made two rows and a three match of red on Kali instead of a 9 match plus a row, whoops...

17. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    BTW, just to hop on the ACC Coop Arena: I actually almost always run Arena with ACC now (except with one partner who uses Myr). It can be a bit shaky solo, but in coop it's hard to die. To me, the freaking combo shields are the only risks of death because I suck, but good skill usage (double orb changers for example) and careful planning usually do it. For Minerva I just stall the 5 turns and Ronia usually make easily solvable boards. Stratios into Defoud is really annoying though, but again, if you're better than me at matching with less than 10s, it should be fine (damn Myr made us lazy and bad).

Also, I run a full Hyper team of ACC/Antares/Scarletx2 and Yamato (will change one scarlet into 2nd Antares for coop) and my partner has an underleveled and not egged team except for like one sub. We barely ever die. Learn how to deal with Parvati (and Sopdeath) because I swear I get her more than 50% of the time, regardless of my lead. It's like 60% parv, 25% kagu, 10% venus, 5% Meimei...

All in all, COOP covers almost all the flaws of ACC, the drawback is losing the TE badge. We barely ever stall, mostly on floors that give a free turn or the darn shieldras.

ViewtifulGene and RageSedai like this.
  18. lemon

lemon New Member

User ID:
    323 402 427
    This guide is awesome. I was wondering, I just finished ACC and am trying to make a decnt team to farm arena with.

ihave 3 leilans in their first form sitting inm y box and a finished r/g Antares
    someone suggested ACC/awoken leilan x3/ Antares/ ACC
    Would this be sufficient enough for clears?

19. Snarf

User ID:
    That doesn't sound safe or consistent. You'd really like at least one heart maker in Arena. Second, Leilan is on a fairly long cooldown, although the haste helps. The other issue comes when Leilan gives you a crap board and you have no one in your team to fix it. Antares is clutch, though.

20. lemon

lemon New Member

User ID:
    323 402 427
    who would you suggest? as far as my red box goes i have 2 beach goemen, set, 2 ronias, baldin, surtr, 2 gadius, urd, horus. plus the 3 leilan and Antares i spoke of earlier