Awoken Evo... Which one first....

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by kandjar, Jun 7, 2018.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've had some Awoken Evo to do for a very long time... and I finally evovled Shuten-doji... What a pain :)
    The main reason I delay the evolve form for so long...

Now, decision time, who to do first?
    - Ame No Uzume
    - Mori Monogatari
    - Sanada

I'm aware than *none* of them are actually very exciting in the current meta....
    So I'm wondering which one has the most chance to be useful in the future?

Thoughts?

Currently leaning:
    Ame No Uzume > Sanada > Mori

2. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Uzume is probably most useful overall, since she can overwrite those goddamn recovery nerfs.

Mori has a great active in what are currently two weak colors.

Sanada is just a glorified Yamato.

3. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    my counterpoint would be that her unawoken active is even more useful with the lower cooldown.

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Depends on your team/box. Awoken Mori Motonari has 2 turn shield and bicolor board so if you're running any blue/red team he could be valuable. If you're after Ame no Uzume's RCV buff, know that a farmable offer the same (Cosmo Crusader) albeit half RCV multiplier lesser and one turn shorter.

5. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    As someone with x4 mori I want him to be good, or at least lulzy abusable on some kind of nepDra or Sara or whatever cuteness, but he's just bad in the sense of badly mispositioned.

Sanada is just straight up like tile outcompeted by several things. Alas. A distant fourth or fifth in his desired role.

Ame is the most useful.
    It's unlikely but not impossible to slot her in somewhere for rcv shenanigans. I've considered it once or twice, though tbh I usually just inherit full heal Ama or base sub OdinDra (or both), or Ganesha+Raphael (or both), heal whatever heinous troll moment(s) has arisen, and get on with the business of just ****ing killing the enemies as the best way to deal with messed up floors / trolls. Just kill them.

Grinding out a fair fight rcv battle is kinda not what the 2018 meta/design is about.

If you have limited anti-troll options, and have to survival grind some scary high damage floor in the style of fair fighting through Vishnu with damage absorb/void in effect, it's not impossible it's a useful side angle though.

It's also not impossible there will eventually be some kind of awoken bind + skill bind, or awoken bind into rcv reduce, or whatnot forced setup, where popping Ame early lets her rcv boost go into effect prior to the heinous trolling, and persist for several turns of grinding through the horror. Hasn't happened yet, but it's what one hedges against with deep box late game jaded cat upgrade choices, playing at the margins and theoretical niches.

6. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the replies, I will go with Ame then :)
    She also already has her reincarnated form.

I'll do Sanada next once I get the courage to do a second Shuten-doji... :) after all, he's already 297ed.

Whereas for Mori, yeah... this is my second one, and I used to like him when Sarasvatti was a thing, mostly as inherit, coz: 2 color board + 2 combos was really nice to burst thought combo shield... But this has kind of faded out... Also, blue right now, is more blue/dark combo based with Clea lead.

7. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    In fairness, I hear its acceptably fine on Meri, where you are okay with a lot of water match and just breezing through stuff.

UY gets underrated as a blue lead, perhaps as he is multicolor match, but puts out respectable damage. Not a mori team though.

Bicolors are always going to be pretty niche. Might be fine as an Amen inherit running split lead 6x7 Amen, where the bicolor ratio on large boards are more favorable amount not screwing you...pretty niche though.

8. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    unless it's a light bicolor, because GH just cant stop making the meta super light based.

9. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One more reason to do Ame :) When reincarnated, her sub color is light :p

10. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Interestingly, this actually came up just now, as I have yet to challemge mode mech Hera, and gave it a whirl with Yusuke just now, where end floor Hera absorbs light two turn and hits for a solid 48k, so the choices for dealing with it are relatively lean, and just healing back to full off an inherited Ame is an angle to consider.

I think I'm going Yusuke / Indra / Orochi / Yusuke though, and Indra shield the hits instead. OdinDra for effectively 3 SB, 2 plus the haste was the other candidate, to get Orochi delay up in time for hydro f4 absorb floor (it will heavy repeat SDR you into instakill before it's 10 turn absorb let's up), but Indra 2sb is good enough as you can tank a hit on the chaser floor.

Anyway. Ame double RCV inherited on OdinDra was something I seriously considered.
    Yusuke / OdinDra^Ame / Orochi / Yusuke

Either approach is probably workable.
    Ame / OdinDra hopes you have heal orbs naturally in board though, and Indra shield doesn't care as much about that variance.

Sooner or later, Ame will prove useful somewhere.
    Plus super cute.

11. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    All the bicolors, light or not, are hot garbage when you want seven combos and your bicolor ratios screw you. Even Yusuke. Even Fio. They are all of them, the dickensonian lot of blackguards and filthy beggar rascals, thoroughly useless in a clutch moment every once in a while.

"He'd make a lovely corpse." --charles dickens