Awoken Lu Bei Advice

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by severinj, Sep 19, 2016.

1. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Working on this team as I just rolled a couple key subs. Any sub advice would help.

Subs-
    Artemis
    Verdandi
    GGY
    Osiris
    Gvalk
    Mei Mei
    Godin
    GZL
    Bastet
    Suzano

My current team is ALB- Artemis/Verdandi/Gvalk/ Meimei -ALB

Osiris actually looks kind of appealing due to the quick turn. Thoughts?

2. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Zues Dios army.

mtb911 likes this.
  3. beradin

beradin The cYNic

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wouldn't farm more than 2 Zeus dios.
    GGY is an excellent sub for bind clear if you can skill up.
    Awoken Artemis is good sub too.
    Although Gonia is more preferred sub for a reason.
    Unless you are planning to farm zeus dios, I would replace Meimei with GGY and done with it.

4. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is this team even worth doing without a Dios army?

5. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Very much so. Dios is just a fail safe for people who can't combo (or trust others to combo). A heavy board change where you can make two rows and get full leader multiplier is just as good as or better than a dios active, but for some cards they need to use two actives to get that sort of damage.

Are you planning to solo? Because LB's lack of SBR can be a hindrance. Focus on cards that have SBR. If co-op, you'll still want two or three instances of the awakening.

You'll want to focus on cards that are more row based than TPA based, all things being equal. Enhanced orbs are welcome, and so are skillboosts.

I'm not a fan of Osiris because 0 SBR and 0 SBs, but I use Meimei often because she has all of OE, skill boost, and skill bind resist. Also her active combos with Liu Bei for amazing damage. But then again Verd is almost identical in those regards.

GZL is typically excessive, and Susano is mostly a waste since you're better off just using an orb changer to kill instead of attempting to tank through something.

Dunamos likes this.
  6. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Lu Bei is still very good without Dios army. I just said it because its an easy push button team for a lot of descendeds. Dios is also just really strong on Lu Bei, but its not necessary.

Dunamos likes this.
  7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    As time permits, farm a super Gunma from the 50k coin dungeon. Cd1 for permanent x4rcv has some uses. Optional though. Just lets you push ALB through some spots in solo where conserving actives is useful. Or for tackling mechaHera, but that's a lot of very specific subs and inherits.

Gunma inheriting whatever you were previously running base is often decent at still having that active, just at +1, while also having cd1 to hand if you need to jam it for rcv stalling.

Osiris is fine but it's a little annoying to rearrange a column to row, and he often eats a wood or two making the column. So I like gvalk for combining with verdandi board, in your options situation.

Gzl is only pertinent to sea of stars to crack the 8m defense. And ALB is not the best positioned thing there anyway imho.

8. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bei has a lot to be desired as a non-swipe solo lead, unless you somehow have the Woodpiis to spare for Gunma. (Nobody, and THE GENE MEANS NOBODY, has the time to skill that roody-poo without Piis). The need for an active to heal appreciably is a real liability. You can't just combo harder to heal more without actives, because the team has zero time extends. Also, you gonna get skill locked.

I mean, if Bei is the strongest lead you have ATM, go for it, but don't expect to solo Arena 1 with him. I would consider giving Osiris x Bastet (Ace) a serious try at some point. The team is far more durable, relies less on actives, and will build up your orb matching skills for all other leads.

Awoken Artemis x Balboa is another option, but it's grindy as fuck and has limited sub choices. However, that pair has no combo requirements and has a RCV multiplier not tied to actives.

9. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Gene you kill me LOL

Dunamos and ViewtifulGene like this.
  10. Aurelius

Aurelius Well-Known Member

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    I use ALB for most of my coop farming and I would say the only one from your list that I have ever found a need for was Verdandi.
    I could see GGY as a bind clear, but your lead AS already clears 2 turns so it would have to be a really long bind to warrant an extra sub.
    If you are running coop, most of the others just feel like board changes that are inferior to Dios.
    The only other subs I find myself going to for niche applications are Gronia for the bicolor board, Beach Chester since he has 4 sbr, Christmas Alarune for a delay, and Vaan (though Chad works just as well) to pair with a Dios active to get past combo shields.
    If this is for solo play, please disregard all of that as I have exactly zero experience using ALB for solo.

Dunamos likes this.