B&J team help

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by bookwyrm, Aug 27, 2019.

1. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi all,

Having acquired Barbara & Julie from the beach collab, I'd like to make a team capable of beating AA2 and would like any advice you have to offer. Some monsters I may be able to use (as actual party members or as assists) are as follows:

Primary color red:
    Suou
    Urd X4 (3 regular and 1 beach version)
    Sakura Matou
    No.6 X4 (one is Artura)
    Anna Kyoyama
    Mega Baldin
    Amen
    Guitar player Cruz X4
    Takamimusubi X2

Primary color blue:
    Mega Scheat
    Uesugi Kenshin
    Revo Isis
    Mori Motonari X5 (1 is revo)
    Revo Sun Quan
    Mel X2
    Dhalsim
    Servant, Lancer
    Revo Idunn & Idunna
    Mizutsune
    Orage
    Blue Cotton
    Beach Tachibana
    Noah KIRIMICHAN
    Prompto

Other monsters with blue or red sub-attributes:
    Flute player Eva
    Tardis X2
    Aten
    Hexazeon
    Mega Sherias Roots
    Yuna X2
    Myne
    Kuroyuri X2
    Thancred

Potentially useful monsters that are strictly for inherits include:
    Glavenus blade X2
    Jhoira card
    Weld X3
    Tamadra inner tube
    Rathian rapier X3
    Sleipnir
    PAD Academy handbook
    Aerith crystal
    Light and Dark Cecil crystals
    Dorothy's shoes
    Trojan Horse X2
    Asuna's Lambent Light
    Nargacuga Saber X2
    Lumu sword X2

That's a lot of options. Right now I'm running B&J(Weld) / Scheat (Lumu) / Revo Motonari (Rathian, unbindable SA) / Suou (Dorothy's shoes, cloud resist SA) / Sakura Matou (Aerith crystal), but I'm always looking to improve my teams further. As mentioned, I'd like this team to be able to take on AA2, which I have yet to beat with any of my teams. With all that in mind, if you had my box, what would you run? What inherits, SA, and latents would you use? Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. bookwyrm

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Um, bump? Since my initial post I've acquired Blujin and Highren as additional options. Anyone have teambuilding advice?

3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First, you need full poison, blind, tape and cloud resist. Then you need awoken bind clear that can also clear bind for 5 turns or more. Suou (VDP form) and Highren I think are your best options for vdp, so I'd take them as sub. I'd prefer Highren over Suou though. Four VDP with SA. You will also need Fujin be it as assist or sub (since you have Blujin's I'd take her as sub). The damage from both leaders and Blujin is enough for enemies before the dragon callers. Also make sure you have more than 163k HP to soak Goemon's preemptive hit.

B&J (Aerith Crystal)/Highren (Glavenus Blade)/Blujin (/Anna (Jhoira equip)/Mel (Kralice Rapier)/B&J (find someone with blind resist or if you only find one with poison resist, swap Kralice Rapier with Avidya Saber).

For FUA you can opt to give either Anna or Mel an FUA SA. Mel will be healing stick even if your team has 4x RCV you might need her. You can test it first whether you need Mel or not. If you don't need Mel you can replace her with BCotton for more HP or Beach Ginchiyo.

Bolts and bookwyrm like this.
  4. bookwyrm

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hooray, I beat AA2? I used the team suggested by sgt502, except that after a few failures I replaced Highren with Suoh. I'm honestly not sure if the change really made a difference, Highren probably could have done the job too. Thanks sgt for the suggestions, and I guess now I wait for AA3!

sgt502 likes this.
  5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats! Don't stop at one clear. AA2 is the only reliable source to get Super Snow Globe Dragon on regular basis so you might want to run it more. The more run you do, you'll get to know the spawns better and how to handle them, where to dump skills, where to save skills etc.

bookwyrm and Bolts like this.