Back after a long hiatus

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Curls, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Curls

Curls Active Member

User ID:
    NA: 326,440,388
    PADherder:
    link
    So my daughter removed PAD from my phone a couple years ago and I was unsuccessful in getting gung-ho to recover it for me.

I’m getting sick of Summoners War so I thought I’d come back to this game and start fresh. I almost don’t even recognize this game anymore.

I think the last Godfest was this past weekend, which means when I started on Monday, it was the worst possible timing to come back lol. Oh well, I get to practice my combos until the next one (I am really bad at this game after so long away).

So my big question is - What are some of the better starter leads these days? That way I know what to hunt for when I start for real.

2. LostTie

LostTie NA 395.139.413

Never too late to reroll new account if you lost old one. I deleted my 3 Rona + Lubu/Shiva meta team when Rona was the top rage. Two and half year later, I'm back and already rank 400 less than 6 month.

You just missed out a few good 10 stone collab/REM that any one of those gold/rainbow card are top tier lead. I would save your new stone and hold out for next Godfest which is less than 2 weeks. Any GFE (god fest exclusive) would set you up for good, except the rainbow conditional/high combo leads which are more heavy dependent on REM sub and skill.

You don't need REM lead at early game; just need a friend lead to carry you. Yog is the best one out there for casual swipe and end tier lead. Add me when you can make friend. I have Ameno so you can causally finish out the Normal and most Technical. My alt also has Ameno and from last GF, a Yog, and many other good list. Just ping me with your color lead/preference and I put up slot 1 friend lead for you.

3. Curls

Curls Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey thanks! I’ll make sure to add you after I’m settled in with the roll I’m going to keep. For now I’m just practicing and rolling whatever just to see what’s what.

Interestingly, I summoned a rainbow crystal egg first time (something that wasn’t a thing last I played) and it was a Barbarossa. Played with it for a bit then rerolled. This time I got a rainbow egg on the pal machine. It is Angel of Secret Destiny, Elia. I always thought the pal machine was just evo stuff.

Looks like I have a bunch to read up on while I wait for GF.

4. mezmerie

mezmerie Member

Welcome back! I can't help you much with questions because I left and recently came back after two years also. It's great to see people returning though! The game has changed so much, and I'm still figuring things out. But I think it's a lot more fun and less "grindy" now, in my opinion. (However I'm still a mid level player -- if that. I get the feeling some long-term players are starting to lose interest a bit? This forum in particular is definitely less lively than it used to be.)

One of the challenges I had coming back (thank goodness I didn't lose my account) was building my friend list back up. Please feel free to add me! My friend list is still anemic, 100 out of 175 after a month! I finally went on Padherder and Padx and spammed random people with compatible leads, haha. Specific leads are harder to find now too because there are so many new cards, so it's good to get started soon as you can, plus you can't use the new trading feature until you've been friends with somebody for a whole month!

5. mezmerie

mezmerie Member

I think the "rainbow eggs" are the good ones now, gold eggs are now second-rate. Power creep has occurred. :) I don't know what the deal is with rainbow eggs on the pal machine... maybe it's because Elia is seven star, but she's still farmable... AND some monsters are now evo material for other cards... Like Elia is actually a material for evolving Light Myr (apparently also farmable, but I wouldn't recommend it). Any knowledable people please correct me if I'm wrong!

6. Curls

Curls Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I waited for the Godfest but because of that +297 event, I was forced to start the account the last day that dungeon was available. I’m not at all happy with what I have and finishing some dungeons is a chore- particularly the ones with super high def masks. Anyway, here’s my rolls so far if you still want that friend add, LostTie.

Flame-winged Cyberbeast, Markab
    Red Dragonbound, Gadius
    Black Dragonbound, Typhon
    Tethys
    Sarasvati (+297 her for eventual uevo)
    Durga
    Meimei
    Astaroth (from the special pack pull)
    Defoud evo’d
    Gravis evo’d
    Awoken Zeus Stratios
    Hinomitsuha evo
    Alex Louis Armstrong
    Scar
    Riza Hawkeye

Anyway, I’m not sure any of that is particularly impressive, and some of it was from this monthly egg thing.