Been gone for about a year? What's new and good.

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Jsttu, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When last i played DAthena was godtier, three player mode had just been introduced, and assist evos were barely released for a few dudes only. Now i've come back, and while i admire a ton of the quality of life changes (stackable evos and plusbank? amazing) i'm also kinda lost in what cards i should focus on and what's good and what isnt. Any advice? also need more friends, i'm amazed i still have half of them.

2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    6x7 is good, though it's easy to find 6x7 split pair friends.

Some very robust leads with 80-120k hp like Yusuke and Vraska are floating about.
    Rainbow has some equally busted things like Reece.
    And 5x6 with hp conditional high damage leads like Yogg or Kami wreck pretty hard.

Gung-ho design basically lost control of damage powercreep, and now resorts to various trolls around damage voids, color voids, clouds, immovable stripes, spinners, preemptive awoken bind, etc, to try keeping teams loosely in check, but released various awoken bind clear, anti-void active cards, and a whole mini subgame of solo mode cards that can unlock super awakenings for anticloud, antistripe, etc.

It's still as fun to puzzle manipulate the board as ever, even if the challenging part of the game is the most recent few dungeons. Ranking dungeons and monthly quests are a thing, though ranking dungeons is full of high variance troll rng garbage. 3 player mode is droll, if you enjoy random inexplicable behavior by random partners and eyerolling decision making - I actually rerun it purely for the lulz a fair bit.

3. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Anubis + Diablos is solid. Classical 6x7, hits hard, fairly robust.

Reincarnated Raphael is also silly high damage, x1024 run dual in 5x6.

Dmeta is about to get a god-tier Srank new evolution form, out in JP, hasn't quite hit NA yet. She should crush a lot of content.

Those three hop out from a lazy glance at your box.

Sorting out what role player coverage you have for FUA, antivoid, super awakenings for anticloud, anti stripe, probably ought to be a taking a moment for inventory/orientation thing. Anubis can super awakening anticloud, for instance.

Rolling this and that will bring in missing roles, no particular worry. There's depth in the general card pool for these things.

Some things you might not expect are newly good, like super awoken and equipped Idunna being atypically a high damage card on a relevant team. Strange times...

4. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    has padherder been fixed, or is there a replacement? just going through all my stuff to see whats been changed, what needs work, and what i need to do for each, let alone figure out priorities, is kinda overwhelming

5. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Padherder isn't really supported anymore. Some of the newer cards show up as it farms Padx for some content, but major changes to cards, 6x latents, super awokens, newer features will probably never show up there

6. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    welp, time to break out the spreadsheets. this is gonna take a while...

7. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I still use it, or did until about 2 months ago, had hopes it would prove beneficial, just not cutting it anymore and i see no chance anyone is going to start supporting anything new for the site.

So many cards though, good luck on the spreadsheet, maybe just focus on the meta, best leads and subs. That should narrow the effort quite a bit.

8. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    thats the whole overall point of this post. I have very little idea what those are excepting what happynoms posted

9. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Nom's was remarking with his usual a/b/c mix of complementary team angles.

Raphael x1024 is glass cannon nuke from orbit multipler, sporting two Raphael immunity outs, but still, glass cannon in that what kills you may or may not be klutzing the board solve and getting smacked as much as running in to some troll effect floor (multiturn spinners or absurd clouds), or 99 turn damage absorb/void floor, or a perseverance floor, forwhich you didnt bring relevant utility subs or awakenings to deal with.

Anubis Diablos is balanced mix, good offense, reasonable defense / team jp, well rounded sub pool. Pretty solid. Would be more solid with Tardis for cd1 constant active, but I assume you can cobble something together or lean on alternating between DioChan and various actives and get by. I remember doing that pre Tardis and doing decently. Else you can swap off Anubis to some other solid multipler lead paired with Jhoira or Mai - several 6x7 have Diablos like multipler these days. There are options.

DMeta is high team hp, (like 100k plus), though she is a bit atyipcal to the standard high hp Fio (green Sonia) or Vraska or Yusuke case, as she wants to be injured under threshold for full damage modifier. Still. We hear from JP that they are taking her successfully in to bleeding edge alt arena / arena4 content, so seems good.

Having a toolkit like mixof teams let's you pick whatever looks well positioned for the dungeon at hand.