Being Happy

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Nemesis, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

A lot of pleasant accomplishments have happened recently that I thought I'd never quite reach.

I earned the loyalty of my first Athena (and obtained the final heartbreaker) after a long and satisfying battle with Bastet, and somehow managed to obtain Zeus on my first serious try with a simple and underpowered Light Kali team. Both of these were 0-stones and lovely surprises! I also ultimate evolved and have started to awaken Sakuya in addition to earning Isis her water/light form...thus gaining the use of my second 25x lead and a form I've been aspiring for, both leaders I've wanted since the earliest days of my account. It's a sudden and pleasing realization to know that I have a good variety of very powerful leaders and some decently invested subs.

And today, I finally obtained dear Starling. And then I obtained 4 more to awaken her with plans for 2 more. Blue Backwater was active when I first started, nearly a year ago, and the beautiful dragon enchanted me so...and despite my best efforts, I was nowhere near strong enough to even finish Expert. It was kind of crushing. For one reason or another, I never got another chance. It is a sweet moment to finally obtain one, 170 ranks and countless experience later.

This thread isn't interesting, or impressive, or much of anything. It's just nice to be happy with where I am and how far I've come. c:

2. Growlanser

Growlanser :)

User ID:
    329 563 227
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi All,
    Congratulations! :) It's always great to see how much progress can happen over time - from seeing dungeons and wondering if you can take them, to fully knocking them over and taking on harder Descends with great teams!

3. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    Youre like probs the most cheerful and upbeat person on this forum :0/

Grats on the success

4. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Isn't that the truth. I only play this game for personal satisfaction, and it's nice that progression is so clear. In any case, thank you :3

Thank you very much, icebarrier! That means a lot. ~^.^~

5. nocutename

nocutename 1,500 days

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think the thread is interesting. You had a goal and achieved it! Kudos. Keep rocking on.

I get lots of satisfaction from just leveling up my monsters which is kind of strange.

6. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    Congratulations on your achievements and progress :D

7. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Well, it's certainly satisfying to see cards at max! (Or at least at nice round numbers if you're neurotic like me. ^_^; )

That aside, thank you. I'll do my best! c:

Thank you very much! :>

8. Striku

Striku ,,廿_廿,,

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Everyone likes to see results of their handwork.
    Gratz!

9. Burstwing

Burstwing How do I skill up myself?

Congrats on your achievements so far :). Getting Starling must have meant a lot as well (my favorite dragon series being the princesses because they were the first I could obtain). Overall though its nice to see someone so happy about the game and I hope you continue to keep that way.

10. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Thank you, Striker! =)

Starling has always been my absolute favorite dragon, and earning one is almost like a benchmark. The only other dragon series that I keep around, by coincidence, is your favorite!

I'm not always so positive about Puzzle and Dragons, I fail very often and can be hard on myself because of that. Still, it's important for me to step back and realize that it's simply a game every now and then. If I don't find it fun or satisfying, then there is no point in playing, and learning to appreciate the relatively little things helps.

In any case, thank you. ~w~

11. luke_house

luke_house Kappa

You obtaining Starling reminds me of the way I felt when I got Hadar after almost waiting an entire year too. I could only run Expert and ran it as much as I could, but never got him sadly :p Congrats on all your achievements though!

12. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

It's so nice when you finally obtain that one special card. :3

Congrats to you too, and thanks! ^-^