BF 101

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Roland, May 15, 2018.

1. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Can someone succinctly describe how BF works?

I mean the detail, what is a leader in which slot, or depends upon last in use....?

2. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Go play some cross leads you cowards :p

User ID:
    349-296-255
    If you BF someone you can use the helper in their 2nd slot (you normally can play with someone's active helper, or their 1st slot helper ; BFing allows you to also use 2nd slot). These 3 helpers are available for a whole day no matter the rank difference, as long as your BF logs in once a day (or something like this, someone please confirm ?). You can use your BF helpers as many times as you wish, they're always available and won't go if you play them once. You also get 100 PAL Points instead of 10 when playing with a BF for the first time in the day (it only apply once per day and per friend, not per helper, so you won't get 300 PAL Point per BF).
    I believe that's all there is to it ?

Roland, axlpowa and kiarahakura like this.
  3. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yup, that's basically it. Another point is that when you use your BF on someone, you are also his BF.

So mostly you are looking for Best friends that use uncommon leads, a common lead with an uncommon inherit or a set of leads (3 slots) that are all useful to you and that you expect to play for a long time.

For example, please dont BF a GRonia with Rathian, there are 1000s, you're better off friending a lot of them than wasting your rare BF slot on it.

But you could probably BF a Gronia with Fujin, as those are much more rare (if you need that lead and possibly more than once a day).

Another example would be if you really wished to main Princess Soprano, well, there is probably only a handful of people keeping her up for the memes, so you'd probably be best using a BF on this one (but please don't ;) ).

One more important detail:
    BF triangle are a thing, you can basically get 2 BF for the price of one. Find two other players that want the same thing.

Player A BF Player B.
    Player B BF Player C.
    Player C BF Player A.

So using one BF, each player has 2 new BF (A has B&C, B has A&C, C has A&B).

4. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pretty much. If your non-best friend is active in PAD, they're available to you once in a 1 to 13 hour window afterwards pending your rank difference. Very higher than you rank friends are 1 hour while friends near or less than your rank are the full 13. It's a sliding scale.

Best friends are available 24 hours after their most recent activity.

Roland and YamaKyu like this.
  5. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    thanks, I just need to watch this more closely. I did a BF between 2 of my accounts, but when I looked at using the BF as helpers, I saw ideal as BOTH of their helpers available. The other account only has 1 Ideal, so it still confuses me. I did a triangle with sgt and jstar so I want to make sure they have access to the Anubis or Bastet, etc.. that they want to use.

Not sure why I see the same helper twice when I am looking at my BF helpers.

6. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    If your alt has Ideal in slot 1 and Ideal is the last lead that has been used with your alt (active helper), then yes, you'll see Ideal twice : in slot 1 and active helper slot. If you somehow put Ideal in both slot 1 and 2 of your alt account, and you play with her, then Ideal will be available in all 3 slots o/
    So a common good practice when BFing people is to avoid having the same leads in slot 1 and 2 (even if your teams/subs are different in these slots) so they can benefit from more variety. It's ok to have an active slot identical to either slot 1 or 2, but having slot 1 and 2 identical is wasting a slot so you want to avoid doing that.

Is it clearer ?

Roland likes this.
  7. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Clearer. Last thought.

So:

Leader team 1
    Leader team 2
    Last leader played

Those are the helpers available to BF. Which is displayed to friends and non-friends, Last Leader Played or Leader Team 1? If it is last leader played, then I should put team 1 and team 2 leads up for BF and play team 3 leader then. Curious about this last piece of info as I was considering uncommon leads as team 1 and 2 leads so they can use, but still want to attract other friends for what I might be playing commonly.

8. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    You pretty much got it, except this part
    Normal friends always see both o/
    Other than that it sounds like you got the hang of it.

Having uncommon leads for BF and playing something else is as valid as having common leads available for BF and playing something exotic for yourself.
    For example, my setup is :

• Slot 1 : Light Ideal. I have several BFs who can use her.
    • Slot 2 : Kamimusubi. Same, a couple of BFs play either Kamimusbi or Wood Ney.
    • Active lead : Wd/x Fujin. Actually I play A.Pollux X L/x Raijin as my main team, with a BF Raijin and my Pollux. But since I have a BF that needs my Fujin, every time I'm done playing I set my active lead back to Fujin for my BF so it's available all day long for them. My Raijin BF doesn't play Raijin so I don't have to worry about Pollux being up.
    You can do it the other way around with exotic leads in your Slot 1 and 2, it works just as much. You just want to find a BF that will use what you offer o/

9. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nonfriends who might want to be your friends (the 5 pal point people) see only your last leader played*. If you wish to attract friends and/or gather certain leads, log off with that lead active.

*played doesn't necessarily mean "last used in dungeon". Monster->edit team->scroll->leave menu will set up a certain lead.

10. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link