Blue Cheese (a.k.a. Kiri) build for February C10?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Tek7, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All that's left for February quests for me is C10.

I haven't even looked at PadGuide because I don't want to. Every C10 in recent memory is a hot mess of rubbish dungeon mechanics and I'm ready to respond to cheese with cheese.

Blue Cheese, that is.

I'm about to take another crack at Googling for a build, but if anyone has a Kiri team build for C10, either solo or co-op, please share!

EDIT: Nevermind, already found one.
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD..._february_quest_level_10_can_be_cheesed_with/

Credit goes to kraftimus on the PAD reddit.

Arranging and KryonX like this.
  2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I adapted the kraftimus' build for co-op. It took a painfully long time, but it's done!

Teams were:

Main: Kiri / Zera / Verse / OdinDra / Whaledor ! Van Crow (40% gravity)

Alt: Kiri / Zera / Verse / Sitri / Trailo

Ended up stoning once because I didn't stall until my alt's Kiri (which has 5 SDR) was up before entering F4. Replaying F1-F3 would have taken a lot of time, so I don't regret stoning (though I do regret popping the wrong Kiri active).

Killshot sequence for main was: Zera, Van Crow, Verse. 100% > 55% > ~35% > 0%

Killshot sequence for alt was Zera, Verse, Trailo. 100% > 55% > 20% > 0%

#BlueCheeseTooStrong

KryonX likes this.
  3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Next time you could co-op and DC first turn. You'll still have additive skill boost. Saves you some time switching between gadgets, and skills charges faster when solo.

HappyNoms likes this.
  4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I always forget about that option for cheese teams. I don't know why.

5. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's what I do when I farm Mech Goemon. Co-Op with Cheese. Alt D/c turn 1 and you get the 1/2 stamina benefits.

6. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Member

I actually have a Kiri. I know nothing about Co-op or cheese. I highly doubt I have the cards capable of making a good "Kiri" team though. How does this Cheese thing work exactly?

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    In short, you bring 3 subs with gravity actives totaling 100%, including at least one true gravity (hits for enemy's max HP instead of current HP).

A common combination is Zera, Verse, and Trailo or Diablos (or skill-up fodder for either if you don't have those monsters).

/

You run dual Kiri leads, pop Kiri's active on non-red enemies to turn them red, tank hits until all gravity skills and at least one Kiri skill is up, then use gravity actives in order (e.g. Zera > Verse > Trailo) to clear the floor. Rinse and repeat.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of Blue Cheese in action:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  8. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    OdinDra is unnecessary. You can bring anything with haste for getting Kiri up on floor1 entry, and a useful active skill for later, like ronove^haste for killing off poison on late floors for mildly more conveninece, or a double haste card for making the gravity stalls slightly shorter.

End floor, poison skyfall, you just gather poisons in the columns he converts to bombs. He hits very soft, no biggie.

It's a stable run overall, albeit slow.

I couldn't recall if anything other than linthia overwrites posion skyfall. If so, that would be a better flex slot inherit on a 3 skill boosts base card for the OdinDra/ronove flex slot. Not necessary though, just nice / faster.

Arranging likes this.
  9. Vyper

Vyper Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All I can say is I would love to throw a big middle finger to gung-ho for their overly complicated bullshit Challenge lv 10 dungeons. I have never succeeded at one so have never gotten a tri-god mask. That being said I am completely without Zeus verse so My struggle has been real
    I am trying to blue cheese (clever name to whomever came up with it) my way through this one with both my accounts so I can finally get Zeus verse and then have easier cheesing in the future.
    So my teams are as follows:
    Main Kiri^Kiri / Zera / Zera / Diablos / Odindra^Grodin
    Alt Kiri / Gabriel^Mercuria / Y'shtola^GanNing / Blue Metatron / Touen^trailo
    I have made it to Orochi three times now (although I am sure i can get to him consistently now) and he always finds a way to bend me over. Here is the problem. I need to kill orochi with my Alt so that I can use my main's gravs then pass and finish with Touen. But in order to do that I need to have the skills up and he always binds/ skill delays. Even more confounding is that his Skill delays are on an 8 turn CD which is the exact number of turns it takes one of my teams to recover their skills (8 turns over 2 teams). I cannot get enough water orbs up without an active typically and can't use skills to have grav ready by Goemon.
    The only thought I have had was to throw an SDR latent on each of my mains to reduce it to 3 turns giving me a turn to play with but it feels like a waste of perfectly good SDRs. Anyone else have any suggestions. (BTW I am triyng to get masks for both of my accounts so I cannot DC).
    Sorry for the wall of text but thanks fot the help.

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Do you have any available slots you can replace with haste actives?

Don't forget that all wisedragons pack 2-turn haste.

11. Vyper

Vyper Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only flex slot that I seem to have is the Blue metatron slot as I usually do not use her. My main has to have all of his. Most of the floors go down to a decent blue combo with my alt but I cannot seem to line up the ability against the skill delay. My mercuria is on my alt and my main always seems to be the one on the skill delay attack. What are you thinking for the slot replacement?

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I didn't have a specific monster in mind, just anything with a haste active.

Do you have Cthugha?

13. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have Kiri, farm as many SDR from Super Ultimate Norse Rush (the last two floors' enemies are all dragon type the others are mostly Gods and Physical type), then use it on your Kiri cheese, though I don't know why you insist on having two different team on a cheese team.

You can use an identical team for both of your accounts, make a multiplayer room then just DC. If you count your SB on both of your teams, Kiri will be up on F1 and even if you DC, you will still have the benefits of shared SB. From there, it's just a matter of managing gravity/skills.

14. Vyper

Vyper Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had insisted on running the two teams as I did not have the necessary pieces on either team to complete it. My mian had all the gravities and my alt had the blue damage dealers. I didn't even have Zera on my alt because I havent used gravity in so long.
    Good news is I finally tackled it my teams were just about the same as above except I threw long CD inherits on each of my Zera's and Fujin on Diablos cause I could eventually use her on it someday. The added skill delay buffer brought on by the inherits was just the ticket to tackle orochi. I just waited for a good board and smashed. then I used my gravs to take out machine goemon. Strat basically went like this...
    Main: Kiri^Kiri / Odindra^Grodin / Zera^Li / Zera^Yog / Diablos^Fujin
    Alt: Kiri / Gabriel^Mercuria / Y'shtola^GanNing / Blue Metatron / Touen^Trailo
    Floor 1: Start with alt and do a 6 Blue +2 combo to bring Volsung past the HP threshold of constantly doing skill delays. Use Kiri on main for the color change and 1 turn haste. Charge all skills, weaken past resolve (which I accidentally did not do), match blue for the KO.
    Floor 2: Use Touen, match something. Use Zera, Zera, Diablos for the KO
    Floor 3: Use Kiri on Main for haste. Do as little damage as possible by keeping a majority of the orbs locked (store some blue at the bottom). Don't let his HP get past 70% (this means trying not to get past 10% while charging skills) When all gravs are charged use Touen match a combo and the use all the gravs on the main. Alternatively you can possibly just burn him down with some good matches, but this failed for me on multiple occasions so I went with the reliability of gravity instead.
    Floor 4: Use Kiri (the inherited one as the other will be skill delayed). Whittle the whale down a bit as you charge skills and KO him when Kiri is up.
    Floor 5: Use kiri and stall until all skills are up and the gravs have at least a 5 turn buffer. (stalling is easy if you continually place the poison orbs in either of the far columns as they will be erased with the rose attack). Kill her with orbs.
    Floor 6: F this snake. Use Kiri and stall out the 8 turn damage void. He will hit for around 32K on the last turn of the damage void (and every 8 turns after that). After the void was gone it is just a matter of waiting for a decent board to change (I popped mercuria but is was largely overkill (he deserves it though). Alternatively I am sure you could bust through with a pixel here.
    Floor 7: Pop all gravities on one account, pass the turn and pop the rest. GG
    Not the most impressive win but I managed to avoid a mountain of bullshit with this build. Now I can build my Zeus Verse on both accounts and continue with that sweet cheese! It is decently foolproof now that I have figured out the nonsense.

15. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just tried the Reddit build. It will work perfectly but I learned a valuable lesson. Be CAREFUL on Linthia. I think stalling out her poison skyfall is doable but you need to keep her HP above 50%. If she goes below 50% then she changes columns 2 and 4 and it makes gettiing rid of the poisons more annoying...especially when she keeps making the board dark...

My build:
    Kiri^Kiri (5 SDR Lat) / Zera / Zeus Verse / Odindra / Whaledor^Trailoyka / Friend Kiri

I will have my Kiri up all day if people want to use her. The ultimate build would be to find a friend Kiri that has Hel or Fenrir as an assist. Then you wouldn't need to stall out Linthia's poison. You can't put those assists on anyone else's skill because you need all the other skills.

16. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    OK. I've gotten to MGoe 5 times now. I don't have the No Bind Badge so this has been hell!!! I got to within 8 turns of my gravities being up before he wiped me out.

I think I'm going to switch to Revo Minerva and put my gravities on other cards.

Revo Minerva^Zeus Verse / Kiri^Kiri / Odindra / Zera / Whaledor^Trailoyka / Revo Minerva

My only concern here is that I only have 13 SB and Kiri is on 16 turns. Even with OdinDra I still need to stall 2 turns before I can Kiri. We'll See...

17. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    EDIT***This team does not have enough damage void to absorb all the hits. Volsung killed me...

18. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Fenrir with an unbind inherit is probably easier for easy overwrites of the poison skyfalls. Since the unbind slot is flex. Otoh without the binds badge I'm not sure if repeat bind rng on the endfloor is actually your main problem, just mentioning fenrir offhand as a background awareness.

19. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't have the no-bind badge so I used Revo Isis with Grodin inherited. Grodin was for Linthia, Revo Isis worked for the periodic binds on the final floor.

Other than that I inherited Nyx on my Kiri (which has 5 sdr), used a friend Kiri that has 5 sdr, inherited Fenrir on Whaledor (to cancel Linthia's poison skyfall) and ran 2x Verse straight up.