Blue is for Whales

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Paul Blank, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    How true do you find that statement to be? Skuld, Blonia, and Bodin are 6star exclusives with easier to get siblings. I also find that a lot of blue teams don't use farmable subs. Is that because when you go blue you're a whale and already have all the right REM subs. Lastly, there are often videos and pictures of teams not hypermax accomplishing things but always blue teams need max skilled subs and + eggs to get things done. Don't get me wrong the job gets done. And done well often. But it takes more then just the dedication of a non-iap to be able to go blue. Light and dark are non-iap friendly. Red and green seem to be the middle ground with blue being where the whales swim.

With all that said this isn't a non-iap vs WIP. I just wanna know if others feel like blue is for whales.

Tux likes this.
  2. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    I would say yes to Healer Blue and Bonia. Lakshmi too probably (though I don't know enough about her teambuilding to confirm.)

Leads like Skuld, Nut, Sarasvati, and Andromeda can function fairly well without a heavily invested box.

Now that said, any team is going to hit a wall eventually without some REM luck and/or investment. Blue just has a more specific cadre of subs to use.

3. Emesis

Emesis Member

Blame it on not getting the Monster Hunter collab. Hi, I'm a silver egg who's an S-ranked blue sub.

4. Snowflake

Snowflake Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    lol yup rem subs

5. Tiquity

Tiquity Need more Andros. Send help.

User ID:
    weakest color too.

Infinity1176 likes this.
  6. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    It's cleared ultimate arena with several teams. Lakshmi, A Isis, Awilda have done it. That's kinda that bar right now. I wouldn't say weakest. It's just where the whales swim and the blue is just a little to deep for us little fishes so it seems weak.

7. Tiquity

Tiquity Need more Andros. Send help.

User ID:
    Well one of the colors has to be the weakest, and I like how you mentioned awilda lol.

8. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For the most part, yeah. There are a few flexible blue leads, but they basically require 6* pulls to keep up with other options.

I don't whale, but I am working on an Awoken Isis team. But I was fortunate enough to get a Blue Odin from a YOLO roll with free stones.

It's especially frustrating when Reine is a linchpin for many blue teams and she's a 6* that only gets boosted drop rates in trap Carnivals.

Tux likes this.
  9. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
  10. iammeh

iammeh Back to playing on Alt. Account

On average you'll need roughly 10 rolls to get him, and really you want to spend a pack to be certain at the chance (I got him in my 15th roll for example). Also requires 5 piis. Yeah, silver roll. But probably more difficult to get than a lot of golds.

11. Iamdavid

Iamdavid Member

I play blue only, U&Y/Sara/Karin and I'm no whale and I limit myself to 10$ a month for stones! I don't have an Andro, Hermes, Nut or Skuld but have cleared most descends and up to C9! So I don't think you NEED those monsters, but I definitely feel the constraints of not having them at my disposal.

Tux likes this.
  12. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    U&Y, Sara and Isis are relatively approachable, though U&Y is lately out of favor, the other two a bit overshadowed by pantheon siblings, and all do benefit from particular REM subs, though they work fine without. Sara team needing heavy skillups, which are far easier if you can stone farm said skillup, lends an IAP feel.

NA missing Baggi is a huge hit to the Everyman playability of blue for non-IAP players. Having an easily acquirable heavy shield would do wonders for numerous blue teams with less than exceptional lineups that are currently hp fragile. Blues whale 6 star have a marked tendency to be stat stick monsters, in addition to their other merits, to cover this classic blue weakness for the luxury player.

Skuld is, btw, absurdly whale when run tricked out. Meaning compositions like Skuld - summer beach REM Urd - summer beach REM Gronia - U&Y - Muse - Skuld. (The synergy between summer beach Urd and U&Y being a cute touch for a wood/water board.) Four full board resets with heavy combo/damage, and muse for excessive burst. So good. And so incredibly stone expensive to whale pull.

13. Iamdavid

Iamdavid Member

Yes blue desperately needs a defensive/mitigating monster. Also U&Y is still amazing!! Can't wait for their upgrade!

14. Harlequinox

Harlequinox Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    A. Isis is kinda a defensive monster? 15% isn't much, but still...

15. Iamdavid

Iamdavid Member

Haha that would barely help survive some preemptives!

16. Harlequinox

Harlequinox Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    See, this is why I have a team of every colour except blue.

17. Iamdavid

Iamdavid Member

PAD gods cursed me

18. Iamdavid

Iamdavid Member

Blue will have its time down the road!

19. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Lol your blue team doesn't need to be the one that can live the preemptive. You might want a blue team just to change things up a little.

20. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    I'll admit as non-iap I have been lucky enough to get isis, bodin, reine but then that's it for my blue box lol. I got Merlin to cover red. But no board changer or damage booster or anything really except Chibis. Just the lack of any other blue card makes me not make the team yet.