Brace yourself Wukong, skill-ups are coming [Orange Flower Dragon Dungeon]

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by bangbang, Jun 29, 2014.

1. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

According to PDX, the light iteration of the flower dragon dungeons will start it's biweekly tour of NA tomorrow (June 30th). To date you probably have been trying to S-Rank these for the tamadra, grab the trophy dragon, and perhaps skill up your dusty old Norse God if it wasn't already max skilled.

However, if you recently rolled the appropriate hero, these dungeons take on a new level of importance. And if your hero looks like Goku, and contains all those laters in his name, then I want you to spend the next to weeks skilling up his arse.

Why would you do that? Because if both you and I have max skilled wukongs, you now have 2 godly 8 turn orb changer and heart maker on your Wukong team. Teamed with a few more orb changers and together we can spam the board with light orbs and activate our godly leader skill every... friggin... turn.

In Summary: this dungeon (minus all your stamina) --> + = --> (times some big number) to unlock super saiyan form

Any questions?

Why yes, I'd love your soon to be max skilled wukong to be my friend as well. Shoot me an invite @ 332,430,299

So remember. Don't spend your stamina on anything else until you have ALL OF THE LIGHT SPRITES. Get a Super Saiyan and then be my friend.

2. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    After two weeks of seeking a green fairy in the green flower dungeon, I would advise against too much hope in landing too many light sprites :(

3. Cookies

Cookies New Member

If you want to max skill Sun Wukong, then you need to spend many stones. The invade rate is so abysmally low on the fairies, you have no hope unless you're willing to spend your entire 3x invade rate weekend throwing stones at legend difficulty.

4. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
    How bad is it? I would probably throw stones at it if I had Fuma Kotaro or Raphael, or even Apollo, but I sadly don't, so I guess I'll skip them. Is this the only place?

5. PhyXer

PhyXer New Member

The invade rate is supposed to be at a fairly standard 8-10% or so.

Now, from my experience, you will not see more than 5-10 fairies over the entire course of the 2 weeks if you run this dungeon slightly more than casually. By this, I mean running it whenever I felt like I had time and wanted to dump some stamina, so around 2-3 times per day.

On 2x drop days, I usually spend at least a few hours only running Flower Dragons, dropping to Master when necessary just so I can stone straight up without wasting too much stamina (241 stamina at the moment). I will admit that I have not done this for 3x invade weekends very consistently, because I hate the monotony of doing it, especially since my stint for the first 2x drop usually is enough to max-skill at least 1 copy of whatever Norse God is skilled up by the dungeon.

So far I have not gotten more than 6 of a particular fairy (and only 1 Takeru skillup to show for it).

That is not to say it isn't possible to max-skill your Wukong. If you run the dungeon, and ONLY this dungeon, and are willing to stone the heck out of this dungeon on 3x invade weekend, you will likely be able to acquire the 25-30 Fairies needed to have a good chance at a max-skill. I've done this for Chasers, so I know. It will likely eat up a lot of stones, especially since you are essentially forced to run the 50-stamina version for maximum invade rates. As a metric, it's likely about 7-10 stones per skill-up. Obviously, the more max stamina you have, the more efficient it becomes.

It's also good to note that the Princess Dragons will also have Fairy invades, and they are probably going to go on rotation after the Flower Dragons, so you can be a little more lax this time around. Still, it will take a ton of dedication.

Aside from that, Noah also has 1 random fairy per run on her Descend, which you can use to supplement your Fairy collection. It's got a tricky condition though.

I might get up and actually try for Wukong, but honestly I've been burned out from Chasers and farming mats for a ton of other things that I just never had the desire with Takeru, Andromeda, and Perseus. Or I might just save all my effort for Pandora.

6. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

8-10%? Invade rate isn't higher than 5% out of 3x. :dodgy:

7. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If any of you do stone heavily, please keep track of your invade record. The numbers are so low they are prone to huge variation in small samples.

E.g. I got green fairy invade on my alt first (and only) Legend run. Never saw her on my main runs.

I am hoping to skill up Pandora but have no idea how much I should plan ahead, and my main team (Byakko) really struggles with no-RCV dungeons. Although Pandora has the advantage of being relatively popular, so I suspect Dark Fairy may show up eventually in other settings.

Personally I would love a Sun Wukong for the fun of running a light row team...

8. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Perhaps the tone of my post wasn't clear. I was trying to encourage people to give this a try. I wasn't asking everyone to come in and nay say the idea. Anyone who has chased skill ups on an invade knows how tough it is.

With the rate GH tosses us stones, its not so unreasonable to think someone might choose to invest some in this venture, particularly if they may get some wukong friends out of the deal to match their efforts.

Phyxer makes a great point. If you only make it half way to max skill (3 skill ups) then we'll get more opportunities soon to clean up and get the last 3. So give it a go!

9. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry, didn't mean to pee all over this idea. Just FYI on the monogreen thread, Samuelburtt shared that estimates he got 8/25 green fairy drops/run during 3x invade, or for his level, 5 stones.

10. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
    Little off topic, but iirc, the princess drgns have 3K skill ups too? If so, that would be frickin amazing, with a max skilled Wukong, DQXQ, Valk, and Friend Wukong.

11. randomn0tion

randomn0tion Active Member

i'm trying and failing (on my alt that is). so far have 2 of the thor skill up fodders, but no fairies yet.

heck, i'd be happy with 2 skill ups, but a max skilled hero god would be amazing.

12. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

No worries Haku. The evade rates are pretty rough. I'm sitting at 1/20. But it is raining light exp. I think I'll have every favorite light card to level 50 before this is over. I just evolved a second fagan, second zeus, and second venus to UVO to their dark forms. It's looking very likely that I max skill a second Thor, L/L divinegon, and an Orange Flower Dragon from all this farming. Every time I beat that lemon dragon I'm a little upset I can't talk him into dropping. Stones will flow during the x3 invade rate. When can I expect that to happen? I hadn't been paying to much attention on the other ones recently.

13. rod-

rod- I just want to stand on land.

Actually, the evade rates are pretty great. Unfortunately, that translates to them being very hard to catch!

14. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

I see what you did there.

15. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Minor update. I am probably seeing a 5-8% invade rate. So far I've had 3 invades (0/3 skill ups).

is now skill level 4 and is skill level 11 (both started out skill level 1, thanks chimeras).

My dupe is now skill level 5. Megaboss Orange dragon itself is now skill level 9.

At the pace I'm going, every light monster in my box will be level 50 in it's final form by the time I'm done. Just got my second zeus evolved then D/L evolved. I've also max leveled every light monster skill up material that's been siting in my box (waiting on evolution material for them now). That includes 8 , 6 , and 10 .

With those in waiting, plus the need to evolve this invade, I need about 10,000 . I burn every extra stamina I have before Stoning in the tier one light dungeon to farm these. At one point, I was about to level with 120 stamina to go... Drop rate there isn't so bad.

16. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Haha, DYAC.

I don't have WuKong but I can't wait for ECO to end so I can spam this dungeon for the light XP and Divinegon/Fafnir skill-ups. I don't know why I'm hell-bent on max-skilling Tiny; I probably will never use her.

17. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Another update. After running this fairly relentlessly for the last week, I've gathered 5 wukong skill up monsters, and gone 1/5 on skill ups. I probably run it on the order of 10 times a day. The invade has occurred on floor 2 or 8 every time (every run has been on the hardest difficulty).

Orange flower dragon is now max skilled. L/L Divengon is level 8. Starter green guy is now 13. Dupe Thor is up to skill level 6. Operation get every light monster to level 50 is coming along well. Including a push on the x3 invade day, I bet I get them all there minus a few trophy dragons. I'm not sure if we'll have any more event time while this dungeon is around after today, so I may have to start storing all of the skill up monsters.

18. randomn0tion

randomn0tion Active Member

dang. that's dedication, and pretty sad that you've only gotten 5. at least 1 skill up though?

i'm at 2 fairies so far, but didn't have time to stone since i was out all of 2x drop day. hopefully i'll be around for the 3x invade day to stone for at a few stones worth. don't know how many thor fodder i've gotten. enough to get 2 skill ups at least (still need 3 more to max skill).

been using okuni to farm legend, it's pretty fun. too bad i still suck with combos (and can track it with the s rank feature). pretty sad i'm only around 6.x-7.x even without hearts.

19. Maiwa

Maiwa New Member

I was lucky enough to see 4 invades and gotten very lucky with skilling up the fairy.
    Fed 3 to the first Fairy I found and 2 went through. I don't have a Wukong or do I plan on IAPing for one =P.. I'm sure she'll become useful in some weird low cost dungeon one day!

20. IronH

IronH Paralysis by Analysis

It reminds me that I should do this dungeon more often as I have a Wukong. I got zero invade from all flower dragon dungeons so far. Granted, I only ran those dungeons for the stone, but still, we are talking about 16 runs already.