Bring. A. Goddamn. Bind. Clear. For. Diablos.

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by CoryAndSamantha, Jul 16, 2017.

1. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

The dungeon is three goddamn floors long and Diablos's preemptive bind is the only guaranteed stumbling block you need to plan for.

I can understand when folks running goofy potato teams like an SS Isis/Ilmina pairing aren't ready. But twice in a row today I encountered legitimately good Anubis players (never saw them match less than seven combos) who obviously have good monster boxes that just ate the bind, never recovered from it, died, and sunk the run, leaving me in single player mode with Blue Hunter like a chump once our other teammate folded.

Obviously it comes with the territory of random 3P matching, but come on man. It's really weird that someone could be so good at/invested in this game and still not account for mechanics that have been in it since Zeus Descended.

Snarf, David@PF and Trap like this.
  2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's why I brought Sakuya as an assist to ACC. Takes care of Diablos resolve and bind.

3. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Same can me said for any Blue Hunter team running it or Arena. It's hilarious how badly binds crush that team yet I never see a hard bind clear. Atleast Anubis can in theory still do 80mill damage, Blue Hunter team bound? 100% worthless.

4. Fendeezy

Fendeezy Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Could have been the first time anubis person was running it. Plenty of people on the forum have admitted to jumping into dungeons blindly, coop included.

nickjr and ko300zx like this.
  5. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Or not use bind clear heart row...

6. yamo

yamo Active Member

My OP team is ilm/tsubaki/saria/leilan/sakuya/ilm.
    Can OHKO diablos!

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  7. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I flip my shit whenever somebody enters 3P UDR with a fully findable Hunter team.

8. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I brought along a DMeta for an unbindable shield that will actually be up in time because any hit that isn't like the first hit from Massacre Diablos ruins me LOL. I'm an awful partner, I usually let other players eat the bind if I can. Other times I have players running really stupid teams (I had one partner once who literally only made one combo the entire time. Naturally, he died) that sink me anyways, or I have nice players who know to leave me a row of hearts.

I have had many blue hunter teams that just got full-bound and died, or we managed to kill before they had to face their impending death.

I honestly am more angry at the cookie-cutter DAth and Julie teams I see because for all I know, they could be people who spend a lot of money or are really lucky, then they start matching and I just can't stand it. I've had really poor Dath players who only match 2 combos--dark and water. That basically leaves my Anubis team without dark on the board, which hamstrings my ability to pump out damage.

My best memory was a Julie team that consisted of four Ragnarok Dragons naturally that player STILL couldn't match anything at all and hit the bosses like a wet piece of paper. Oh that was embarrassing.

It's even worse when I am given a board from other players that only caps off at 5 or 6 combos. Either the players are savvy as to the max combo # the board had and won't get mad, or I can only imagine how much they think I suck when in reality I got handed a really, REALLY bad board. RIP.

9. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    This. Team. Can't. Lose. (even when other players do)

yamo likes this.
  10. yamo

yamo Active Member

That's the whole point!
    I was running blue male hunter, but when the other 2 players die, I horrifically die.