Buying Jhoira? Not really!?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by diz, Jun 30, 2018.

1. diz

diz Active Member

I saw I could buy me a Jhoira. My acc is new (about 75 days) with 90 REM monsters. So it is not this big. But Ihave some GF I do not really need. And I would not have to choose between RagDra and OdinDra.
    At 1st I thought about Nicol Bolas, but that would end in choosing between Yog and Cotton. No way.
    But Jhoira is a bit different. I have Aten, Vraska, Skuld, Ney, Yog.
    Like I said, Yog is not an option (I do not have a team for him, but this does not matter).
    Aten was good as 1st leader, but he is not used anymore. So no prob with him.
    Vraska is nice to have. But with no TE she looses to Zela, a green Cotton (I have 2 in total), Kaede and some good other greens. So my green box would not miss her.
    Skuld looks a bit hard. Kicking her? Good stats. Good awakenings. But I think my 2nd Cotton would be a great solution. Also I think I have better FUA subs right now (Yog will get FUA in the future). Right now she is homeless. Somehow outdated.
    Till now it would be fine. Only Ney looks a bit difficult. Some say, Cotton is the replacement for her, but this sounds stupid. She has synergy with Vraska, but without Vraska... ;-) And for me she is not an option for Kaede. Maybe a yellow sub for Yog? this would still not end in a team for Yog. :D
    I can not imagine a home for her.
    Aten, Vraska, Skuld and Ney: is this ok?

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wouldn't. Ney is really valuable, and Vraska is incredibly good too. Skuld isn't amazing but she is a 2x7c FUA with a tricolor board, which is worth keeping if you only have 1. Aten is meh, but he does have killers and is an alright 7x6 lead. Has FUA too, so he'll probably find a home someday. I would strongly, strongly recommend not doing this trade. However, I am curious as to what you would run on her team.

Tek7 and xer 21 like this.
  3. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Aten is underrated. very low CD board changer, his skill creates a guaranteed solvable board for Amen, and he makes hearst AND overwrites time defbuffs..

i DEFINITELY wouldnt do this for Jhoira

Tek7, Fridgeboy and Trap like this.
  4. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    The only real advantage of Jhoira is using her with a friend Jhoira for minimal control damage but having 9x or 81x is not really a great range, also you're losing base stats AND her active is not really dupe worthy.
    Bolas would be a lot better investment, either way don't trade your only Ney, Vrashka, Yog or Skuld, it's really not worth .

Tek7 likes this.
  5. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Member

Seeing that you've been around since 2014, the only scenario I would even consider this is if you self coop. That's what I did... I've been playing for a while so it opens up my team options to keep things entertaining. Even then, I traded using the account that had the most dupes (traded two dupes, dmeta and Vraska).

Jhoira, like Diablos, is a monster that you can just take advantage of through friends. Spend the next few days adding them. If you are looking for Jhoira as an assist, that is a pretty tall price to pay 75 days in. I would revisit next time MtG comes around and honestly, I see something similiar coming up in the future (equip/assist-wise)

6. diz

diz Active Member

I played a long time EU. Lost the acc and started a new US acc. After some months I lost my Phone/Acc and had no possebilities to regain it. Made another one (and I really miss a Fujin AS).

7. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Member

Sorry to hear. Looks like you've been getting some pretty nice rolls lately though... Zela, two Cottons, Kaede, Ney, Yog..

I guess the biggest question is, what are you expecting out of Jhoira?
    Skuld is debatable since you have Cotton.. But Aten can be nice as a Yog sub/inherit base, Ney hits like a truck and makes for easy A1/A2 farming when MH comes around again (look up nudist beach team), Vraska is a more brainless lead compared to Kaede and worst case, can become a SB equip.

8. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Imho, in order for this trade to be good, it has to be the case that you really want to run dual Jhoira. If all you want is split lead Jhoira for the 6x7 board, x9, and bind clear, it is vastly easier and a better value proposition to just add a few Jhoira friends, or pick up a BFF who slots Jhoira.

You get to keep your 4 other 6 stars, and you get to run Jhoira split lead anyway, which is usually better than dual.

Vraska is also really good. My Vraska team is tricked out with rare cards, but even so, equals or outdamages my Yusuke team. I can see people struggling if they have shallow sub pools, but it is, after all, an x4hp x144 lead that can run multiple 7cc cards very naturally, and the leader having FUA and a useful active frees up the sub slots to flex more than teams that have to devote a sub slot to FUA. So I'd suggest holding on to it.

The wood Cipher Ney form of Ney is also a splendid Vraska sub. So it's not like you have no excellent subs. (To outdamage Yusuke would take whale cutness like Fio subs, though that is a fairly high metagame S-class tier of damage, so flirting under it with lesser subs is not the most terrible thing.)

9. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I wouldn't do this trade. The cards you are trading in are all good and they aren't dupes.

10. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only thing you really gain from having your own jhoira is an inheritable odindragon active which is useful for superlate game situations but that's it. As a lead you can use a friend's but even then Diablos is better and as a sub you gain more from odindragon.
    The MTG cards are all nice, but none are really worth trading for unless you are a whale and have tons of gfe dupes and want to finish the set.

11. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Imo Jhoira is a better sub than Odin dragon on 7x6 teams because of 10c and balance typing.

Bolas is really underrated. Whaley but bolas si bolas is a versatile lead with huge damage potential and a shield. It has eddy versatility without the hp drawback.

Vraska is really strong too. Like GSonia amped up.

12. diz

diz Active Member

So thanks for all the answers. This girl just looked good, so I think I did not realised that I have a gang of beauties. Tried Vraska a couple of times and she is better as I thought. She has a higher clear rate than Kaede (staying focused can be hard with her).
    So I will wait for a Fujin active. This is what I am missing.

13. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    True, but I never said they were bad just not worth butchering away your gfe