C10 with alt, 15 stones, revives from a sliver three times, quit

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by HappyNoms, Nov 19, 2017.

1. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    self coop with alt, willing to stone, because whatever, I just want to enjoy a little weekend play, and alt typically makes for more interesting leads like Cthuga or RevoDQXQ or whatever. Get to the boss, stone a couple times and go to kill, perserverance is indeed off, hit to like 2 perecent, revives. Stone a fair bit through some totally bullshit ten turn 75 shield, go to kill again, hit sub 5 percent sliver, revives.

At this point I'm just annoyed in a disappointed with the game designers way, so I just decide to see, because whatever, it's an alt, and stone until it's done. Nope, you aren't allowed to stone through c10s anymore apparently, shield goes back up another ten turns, the skill delays and awakenings strips are griefing constant, knock it to a sliver a third time when coop skills finally reset and revives a-fucking-gain and just quit out with both teams. It's pretty fucking stupid that can occur. Must have been, idk, 15 or so stones for nothing.

Been somewhat disappointed with you a while PaD.
    When a player that isn't bothered by nethack conducts thinks your game has too much player killing trolling grief... lol.

Deleting alt and main.
    I'm done.

Will pop back in to forums for a goodbye or two later.
    Off to make apple dumplings and buy some fresh PS4 games.

I had thought I'd stay to see dragonbound R.E.M., but the trolling and griefing in the modern game design just feels pretty rubbish, and I don't see triple killer subs making it any more fun. On the contrary, stupidly dumb damage proliferating means the trolls and griefing will certainly grow worse.

Was a good run overall.
    Good community. Thanks for the many fine threads.

Happy gaming.
    -- Happy noms

mtb911 and tanpopo like this.
  2. hoyun

hoyun Well-Known Member

What are you expecting from a C10? A walk in the park? And this one is the easiest among most if not all of the C10 that we've had, there's really no reason to complain.

3. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is why i have a no stones policy unless im chasing a rare invade.

4. Xiaomu

Xiaomu Active Member

User ID:
    I'll miss you. Also wish I could take from your box xD but thanks for all the help.

5. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    Dude it happens to all of us. Just relax, calm down, and try it again some other time.

15 stones isnt really a big deal. Think of it as 3 chrono turtles.

Do you really want to throw away all of the time and effort you put into your boxes because you got tilted a bit and stoned when you shouldn't have? You KNOW that the right thing to do was to start over, rethink your team, and bring something to counter the mechanic that killed you.

We all get tilted. Just put the game down and log in for rewards for a week or two.

6. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    haha. people get very irrational when they're salty.

7. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Gimme your main so I can coop with myself :D

8. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It happens... the worst is after you spent stones chasing something, you have this well if I don’t throw more at it then the ones I spent already are wasted... it’s a vicious cycle.

9. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think the moment it put up the 10 turn shield, I would have just stopped and tried again. Stalling out those 10 turns probably ate several stones. Also, seeing as how there's still quite some time left and the reward isn't really anything special, I didn't see a reason to stone that much for it.

10. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This probably just makes it worse, and I'm not sure if it would even be possible with whatever team you were running, but if you let Kaguya kill you with her <30% attack, the Game Over screen interrupts her turn and she doesn't get to heal.

But yeah, it's annoying when you stone for nothing, I lost a couple on the pre-boss floors of that Metatron Cloud City dungeon with Amemina only to get to the boss and realize I was a little short of damage and didn't want to spend another 20 stones recharging skills to be able to get through her defense again. Then I had to go back and stone it again with Anubis, I forget the total but it was way too many.

11. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Something about perserverance being coded so that it's not triggered at 1hp, to be deliberately more annoying than the feature needs to be such that it sets up rare but memorable feel bads, gets to me more than just a vanilla tilt.

I think it was also the first time the game ever really blatantly violated for me the premise that if you've spent 15-20+ minutes on a dungeon, and want to stone it rather than spend your time redoing it, that stoning to buy time was a fundamental compact the game had. An implicit promise for a long time, dumpstered.

Salty that a 13 combo on a 5x6 board wasn't good enough.
    Idk. I remember when a 6x7 18 combo wasn't good enough on cosmic trinity, but I let it go there as a special 3p case. But honestly it offends me.

Multiple vexations just all came together this run, clearly visible at once.

I was making apple dumplings after, aware that it's just a few weeks of stones, or a rounding error in my gaming budget, nevertheless thinking that even after I roll 250 or whatever of current main and alt stones into dragonbound R.E.M., possibly some packs...I would, well...still be vexed the week after when some griefing nonsense hard check requires fujin and-or multiple pixels.

Eh...
    Time to adventure club something new.

I sincerely hope you have much enjoyment though.
    Appreciate the pluck your spirits up encouragement.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  12. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    RIP. Another consistent presence on this forum.

Not sure what I did on C10, I think I just solod it with Anubis/Diablos + a FUA sub. Probably used 2 stones in the process.

13. bp1976

User ID:
    We will miss you here! And I really was trying to encourage you, I hope I didnt come off as being mean.

Just dont delete your accounts yet. Let it be for a couple weeks so you dont realize you miss the game in two weeks and be even more pissed at yourself.

If you want to be inspired to quit forever, just try the new Hera Nyx dungeon!! LOL

xer 21 likes this.
  14. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    As usual, excellent advice.

I've seen your YouTube videos, of things like jammer meta into colleseum. You're a splendid fellow. Idk why forums think people are mean. It's maybe a couple trolls and a few people who go wild for a couple specific issues that push their buttons.

I've got daily PES 2016 soccer logins without actually playing going like...a year and a half now I think... those scripted goal sequences though...

Nethack and civ4 are the only games I think I've ever taken a break from and actually come back to years later. Keeping open options is easy though.

15. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Bob is actually a mean dude. Don't let him trick you. o_O I agree with him that you just need to take a few steps back. My frustration this year has been with the REM. My luck with packs got so colossally bad for so many consecutive months I walked away from IAP completely. I am much more casual but still play and if I ever get the idea that I want to toss some money into it again I can. Deleting your account completely would be a shame if a year from now you decide you feel like picking it up again once the chronoturtle meta finally comes.

16. bp1976

User ID:
    Dude dont let my secret out!!!!

CloudStrife likes this.