Calling all D-Athena Team Building Theorists!

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Merlin, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Merlin

Merlin You want to play the game? Go ahead, pick a card.

User ID:
    Hello everyone, I have for some time now been planning out a d-athena team for both my main and Alt accounts. I feel like I've ironed out all the details as best as possible, but its complex enough I'm sure I missed some things.

This is all theoretical, since she isn't even out on NA, and I don't have nearly enough MP for her on my alt, but I enjoy the theory craft.

Main: Merlin

D-athena (famiel)
    R-Loki (Karin)
    D-meta (Ichigo)
    D-kali
    Sima yi

(Also has a Persephone, does not have a haku :(

Alt: Aramis

D-athena (Fuujin)
    R-loki (carat)
    Persephone (karin)
    Typhon
    R-Haku

(Literally, has nothing else.)

Having been lucky enough to pull a Fuujin I feel like that has to be placed on the leader, partially because I feel it's the best slot, partially because that lets other players use it, but the Gemstone inherit on the leader would allow me to burst on my stronger main team.

I also feel like the more board changers you have the better, but I kinda like the Idea of having the Ichigo and d-kali set up to ensure I get two definite heals. When I look at top teams in japan no one is using a D-Kali and I know those guys own at least one.

The monsters listed here are really the only ones I see with potential, but their placement for assists is something I continually go back and forth on.

Where do the Ideal teams deviate from this? and why do they do it?

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Without any Hakus, your main is gonna have a really hard time. The ideal team is Haku/Haku/Haku/Durga or Loki (I've heard both). Haku's 7c2 is vital for damage output, and his active is amazing too. DMeta with an inherit isn't too bad, since her new ult has the 7c2, but DKali doesn't really fit. Overall, though, it's not the worst possible team.

3. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Would be pretty helpful if you could list all dark cards you have, but i will try with what i got here, DKali and Dmeta don't seem ideal at all and i would swap out dmeta for persephone 100%. DKali has decent awakenings for the team at least, but you won't really need her skill often so she is the ideal place to inherit something niche like famiel that you only need for pre-dras once.
    SUevo Ichigo seems actually better than dathena, but the god killer will become a problem in Arena.
    Your alt team actually seems alot stronger having at least one revo haku (the ideal team is 3 RHaku and RLoki BTW, 2x7c is just super strong).
    I don't feel like fujin is needed on the leader since you can tank at least one turn on any enemy you will want to use it on (Heradra, Vishnu, Sopdet, Parvati) the main problem might be having the skill up in time if you don't inherit it on the leader due to the slower skill charge so keep it there.

Merlin likes this.
  4. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

everyone that says DAthena doesn't work or is weak without RevoHaku must've forgotten that DAthena came out before RevoHaku was even in the game and was already a top tier lead and easy A3 clearer back then xD
    the reason people don't really run DKali on Dathena is that DAthena doesn't quite kill the big stuff with a simple activation. especially on the radar dragons and similar bosses you need a couple TPAs with your activation and DKali doesn't even ensure a single one. her awakenings are also only so-so. if I would go for utility I'd rather get a Yomi if you have her. the DMeta is ok, at least her active is a decent inherit base. depending on what content you want to run you will run into issues if you don't inherit a shield like Indra. for A3 you almost definitely need one otherwise it makes Noah dragon very risky.

Arranging and ko300zx like this.
  5. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My theory is that DAthena will be available 6 months after the heat death of the universe.

Nachtmacher, GrinD and Merlin like this.
  6. Merlin

Merlin You want to play the game? Go ahead, pick a card.

User ID:
    If it will help my dark box is as follows:

Lu Bu
    D-kali
    Kakab
    D-meta
    Sima yi
    zuoh
    goetia
    satsuki x2

Ichigo
    Aketchi
    Loki x2
    Persephone
    Vajrabhairava
    Castor x2
    Nepthys
    kenpachi Zaraki
    Pandora
    hattori Hanzo

Sadly when It comes to Aramis's dark box what you see is quite literally what I got

7. GrinD

GrinD Too hard to cross and combo

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    A few weeks ago I had a pretty awesome team, with 1 Haku, Durga, Persephone and whatever else dark tpa I could throw in there (some suggesting Z8 or Hinomitsuha), now this team is shyte.. cry

It's hard to keep up with the meta

8. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I agree or at the very least 6 months after she is at all relevant to the game.

9. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For those without Haku/Durga/Loki, any suggestions for "really good" subs?
    Off the top of my head:
    Persephone and/or Eschamali- seem like solid subs (don't have Eschamali, but I have perseph). Pretty self explanatory w/ active.
    Freyja- would be a suitable inherit for those w/out Durga/Loki (or to just flat out use if you're desperate for the SBR).
    Vritra- another option, but keep in mind 1 sbr and 1 turn burst (Durga is 1 turn too though right?). His CD is pretty low, so that's a thing.
    Anyone else annoyed that Christmas Haku doesn't have a SBR? No? I still am.
    Yomi Dra- Bind clear isn't needed, but active/haste is nice. It adds to bad Haku boards (not like i have haku *salt*) too.
    Pandora- Nice awakenings overall.

I've been casual mode for months now, so I trust other people can give more updated input.

10. hewey

hewey Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm planning on RPerseph, RHaku, Escha, and RLoki. Not sure about inherits but it seems like a decent enough team.

11. KennyG23

KennyG23 Member

User ID:
    KennyG23
    my dark box is Haku, perseph, eschamali x2, okuninushi, satsuki, dkali, pandora, Loki, akechi x2, yomidra, sheena, zuoh, and D Valk. What team would you make with that for D Athena?