Calling it quits

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by brouxhaha, Sep 13, 2017.

1. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've lost the will to play. I've had similar feelings before, just not as strong. Part of it is the game itself, part of it is the game taking time away from other things I want to do. I thought the FF pixel ults would help, but it actually made this decision more concrete.

I wouldn't have even made a post, but I have two built up accounts that could use new homes. As of today, my main has 1117 days and my alt is at 646 days.

Feel free to post here or pm me if you'd like either account or info on either account.

Tek7 likes this.
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Why don't you just write down your codes, uninstall, and take a vacation. I did that for 2 years, game was so much more fun after coming back. You never know what they will add down that road that might make it fun for you again.

nickjr likes this.
  3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wouldn't it be a pity after 1000+ days to just calling it quits? Perhaps a break from playing and just collecting stuffs from daily login to keep your streak?
    I've been in your boat (different game) so I know the feeling.

4. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I could take care of your main account if it hasn't been grabbed already :>

5. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry to see this man, youve been a solid contributor here for way longer than me. I think you just friended me IG too :(

Maybe you should try the break thing and see how you like it? I can imagine just logging in for freebies and running the gift dungeons for like 6 months, you would come back to a whole bunch of new shit in the game and a whole bunch of free resources to use to get it.

But if youre done playing, hope youll drop in and say hi to us every once in a while :D

6. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    You'll be missed but I'm glad you're getting your freedom back! I'll be getting mine soon as well. I just need to pull this blue Fujin first lol

Firenmage and xer 21 like this.
  7. Exoxist

Exoxist Master Chief

PADherder:
    link
    Probably doesn't want to have the temptation in the back of his mind to play so he can fully focus on other things. If PAD has become an unejoyable time sink or addiction, this is the best and safest way out.

I respect the maturity level :) good luck on your endeavors!

8. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry to see you go but I certainly understand why. But as others have said, you might want to consider doing daily log ins for magic stones and whatnot and come back at a later time if it's at all a possibility.

9. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofie Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @brouxhaha, you truly know in your gut what you need to do. Sometimes quitting cold-turkey is the best thing to do (as others have mentioned.) If this is what you desire, I wish you all the best in the future. As one of your in-game best friend's I will be sad to see you go, as I use a lot of your leaders. I enjoyed our limited co-op play as well. Please let me know if you're looking for your account to have a good home - I would like to throw my hat in the ring as well.

Be well. :)

Orange and Tek7 like this.
  10. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Best of luck to you, sometimes it's too hard to keep logging in for just the bonuses if it's eating up too much of your time.

11. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Everyone here always talks about PAD like its a drug addiction and that depresses me.

12. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah it makes me always think to myself, "So am I addicted?" For me tho PAD is how I manage my stress and release my anxiety, which is why I still haven't gotten around to A2/A3, MAthena, and probably won't clear MGoemon in time for the gold egg REM prize, and have been passing over C9s and C10s lately (no free time to co-op RIP). Just mostly do fun dungeons, the daily time attacks, and +15 +egg farm because it's easy, calming, and fun. I'll do the harder stuff once I put college behind me, and in the meantime, I'm re-stocking up my +eggs :>

Deft, Orange and Exoxist like this.
  13. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Different people are involved at different levels. Just look at what whales can dump into the game during a GF. The game play almost encourages it. To top it all off we are on a forum for the game. So we have a very select group of people here.

Vaedriel and ko300zx like this.
  14. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Haven't played with you in forever but we slogged through some early coop MP farming. Sorry to see you go.

15. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's not an addiction for me but a habit. In September of last year, I started playing FFBE because PAD just wasn't as fun for me. I did a few dungeons here and there and logged in for freebies while I put most of my energy into FFBE.

I quit FFBE around 6-8 months ago without any regrets. The feeling I had with that game is the feeling I have now with PAD. It's just not that much fun anymore, and I'm playing out of habit. It feels more like a chore to play at all - even opening it up for free stuff is a chore. I just feel done with the game.

For some people, it could be the equivalent.

Sparkle likes this.
  16. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @brouxhaha So, I am a former WoW player. As in from the very beginning of WoW. Once it turned into a MMO, I was logging in and playing non-stop every day, hours on end, with my guild. It stole time away from my art career and relationships that I will never be able to recover. I walked away from the game cold-turkey in March of 2008 and I don't regret it. Was it hard? Hell yes. Was I tempted to play it again? Absolutely. Did I? Nope.

[​IMG]

There are times when I don't want to play PAD, but I force myself to log in and get my daily bonus. Other days, I love to play and will do so for a few hours. I make time to do my other stuff like art, writing my book, and spending time with my kids, so I completely understand where you are coming from.

Time is precious. You must always spend it wisely.

It has been a pleasure playing/interacting with you and I wish you the very best!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Orange, tanpopo and Tek7 like this.
  17. Sparkle

Sparkle Doing it wrong since 1979

User ID:
  18. Phavin

Phavin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Good luck! I've been playing more with my PSVR, League or even Stardew Valley recently and have been tempted to quit PAD myself.

19. AgilityKing@PF

AgilityKing@PF New Member

User ID:
    Sorry to see you go, I would love to take care of one of your account if you still have. I hope things work out for you.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Someday, XenForo will add reactions like Facebook already has so I can Love/Heart posts like this. Until that day, I just have to click Reply and say that I agree with @Vaedriel passionately.

As someone who's eyeing the proverbial exit door of PAD, I applaud your strength of will and wish you all the best @brouxhaha.

Vaedriel likes this.