Can I have some help building a team? (Not sure if this is the right place)

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by taeyang, Mar 15, 2019.

1. taeyang

taeyang New Member

User ID:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Hello there!
    I returned to PAD after 5 years and am starting to play a lot again
    I’m not sure if this is the right place, but I would like some help creating s good team
    Currently I use my athena non as my leader and use another athena non as my helper from someone else, but I feel like I can have better options

Thanks a lot

2. taeyang

taeyang New Member

User ID:
    I meant to put *creating A good team*

3. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    If this is everything you have, then you're a little early for building a coherent team. You should roll in godfests with strong line-ups if you want to improve your box as quickly as possible. The current godfest isn't great, so I would roll minimally (or not at all there) if you're willing to wait. The problem with an Athena team right now is that she's very restrictive since you're limited to gods and her leader skill favors light teams.

I would actually lead with UEVO Madoo (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4411). A part of Madoo's leader skill only applies to fire cards, but she hits harder than Athena - non, has a shield and a recovery multiplier, and her leader skill can be triggered on most boards without using actives. The nice thing about Madoo is that you can make matches of 5 or more off-color (poison, hearts, and jammers actually also work). The matches can be in any shape - horizontal, vertical, in an L. What makes Madoo's leader skill special is that you don't have to attack in the 5 you match and that the damage bonus from matching 5 applies to any color. So you can match 5 jammers and 3 fire orbs and hit pretty hard. Or 5 hearts and a TPA and hit quite a bit harder because Madoo has a lot of TPAs. Eventually you'll want more utility awakenings (like follow-up attack), utility actives like damage enhances and bind clearing, and orb changers for when you want to hit hard, but for now you can just toss all your cards with a fire attribute or sub-attribute on the team: Belial, Horus, and Leilan are a solid start. In the last slot, I would put in some kind of heart-maker in case you find yourself without hearts for healing. Since you don't have a good option for that right now, I would just use Athena - Non. So your team is UEVO Madoo/Belial/Horus/Leilan/Athena - Non/friend's UEVO Madoo or Mega Awoken Scheat.

If you can't find other Madoos (which shouldn't be an issue), you can also team up with a friend's Mega Awoken Scheat or Rin Tohsaka. Mega Scheat is great because her leader skill will be triggered every time Madoo's is. But be careful with Rin since you would have to make a light match, a fire match, and a match of 5 that's not fire and not light to trigger Rin's.

Hope this helps!

sgt502 likes this.
  4. taeyang

taeyang New Member

User ID:
    Thanks so much :)

Noc likes this.
  5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can also use Okuninushi instead of Athena NON on Madoo team.