Can I please get some help with team building?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by carbon, Nov 2, 2018.

1. carbon

carbon New Member

PADherder:
    link
    Hi! :)

I'm pretty new to PAD and started playing a little over a week ago. It's been super fun! There was the voice god fest and the 6th anniversary 100 magic stones, which I used to roll a bunch of monsters that all seem really good and it's a little overwhelming haha. XD So I wondering if I could get some help with what I pulled? What's worth keeping? What's worth building a team around? And if you could share a little bit of your reasoning that would be really helpful.

Awoken Antares
    Awoken Hestia
    Blazing Hands War Goddess, Macha
    Great Witch of the Forbidden Cavern, Madoo
    Aqualily Goddess of Bliss, Uruka
    Awoken Neptune
    Awoken Tethys
    Great Witch of the Lonely Island, Reeche
    Kundali
    Norn of the Future, Skuld
    Plesiel
    Fall Wind Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
    Awoken Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
    Awoken Sopdet
    Unleashed Knight Dragon King, Nordis
    Awoken Durga
    Awoken Lu Bu
    Tea House Girl, Chiyome

Cheers!

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Keep it all, no reason to get rid of anything. Reeche is incredible, one of the best leads in the game right now. Uruka is also insanely good and very rare. Kaede, Macha, and Skuld belong to a class of cards called 6* GFEs, which are rare and only available during Godfests (GFE = Godfest Exclusive). They are some of the best cards in the game, and can be traded for collab 6*s as well, which makes them incredibly valuable.

Madoo is also really strong. Her selling point is being super easy to play and still consistent for hard content. I might run Madoo/Antares/Hestia/Macha with the last sub being whatever red card you can find. Evolve Madoo to her second form and enjoy mindlessly plowing through everything for a while.

Luminescent and 20matar like this.
  3. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    After everything evolved and maximized, I believe that a reasonable team would start with:
    Reeche/ Uruka(7c super) /Skuld (Fua + 7c's)

The next 2 subs, need to cover :fire::earth::light:, so Macha can cover fire/wood, but :light: can be a problem.
    You could probably pair your reeche with a Yuki friend.

And when you get more amazing subs, just inherit Uruka on your Reeche.

Trap likes this.
  4. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For what it's worth, I think this is a stronger team overall but relies on you being able to 7c every turn. That can be tough for a newer player, hence the Madoo suggestion. But this is a very strong option as well.

Luminescent and 20matar like this.
  5. 20matar

User ID:
    20matar
    True:banghead:
    I just forgot the combo (and rainbow) clause, both not so simple for new players.

Trap likes this.
  6. carbon

carbon New Member

PADherder:
    link
    Awesome, thanks for the suggestions Trap & 20matar, it's been super useful! :D

I've evolved Madoo to her second form and have been running around blasting through stuff with the red team lol. Just a couple more questions in response to your suggestions regarding the Reeche/ Uruka team: just to clarify 7c = 7 combo right? I can't consistently get there yet, I'm only at consistently 4-5 combos right now but I'll keep practicing. What does fua and 7c super stand for? Also just so I learn, the reasoning behind making this 7c team is because uruka has the leader skill where it's "8.5x atk when fire water wood dark heal attack at once", right? By "more amazing subs" do you just mean other monsters with similar elements but better atk?

7. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    7c = 7 combo, yes. Certain cards have an awoken skill that gives them a huge attack boost when you reach 7 combos, so you'll usually hear that awoken skill referred to as 7c. And let me clarify: when we write teams as Card1/Card2/Card3/Card4/Card5, we mean that Card1 is the leader, with the other 4 as subs. So I don't recommend leading with Uruka, as Reeche is a much stronger leader. Uruka is a very strong sub for a Reeche team though. And in general, better subs mean subs with more relevant awokens and active skills, so in this case utility actives and more 7cs primarily. Element doesn't matter much unless the leader skill requires a certain one; in this case, Reeche needs all 5 to activate her leader skill, so as long as you hit all 5 somewhere you can run whatever color subs you want.

EDIT: In regards to your terminology questions: FUA = follow up attack, a super useful awakening that helps deal with Resolves, an enemy mechanic you'll stumble across later. Enemies with Resolve will live with 1HP instead of dying if they're above a certain health threshold when you kill them, and FUA allows you to match a column of heart orbs to negate this.

"7c super" probably means to try for the 7c Super Awakening on Uruka. Certain cards can receive a Super Awakening for the price of a +297, which gives you one of a set of three potential extra awakenings based on the card. For instance, a card might have 7c, L-unlock, and TPA as Super Awakening options; unlocking the Super Awakening for this card will give you one of these three at random. If you want a different SA, you can give the card another 297 to reroll it.

20matar likes this.
  8. 20matar

User ID:
    20matar
    @Trap just said all. :happy:

If you're already doing 4,5 combos that means you are in the right path.
    As I play rainbow/combo, I consider a strong sub, a card that have great stats, with awesome awokens and covering the colors I Need.
    Ren (from persona collab) is a perfect example IMO, is a multi purpose card, unbindable, with 2x 7c and 2 fingers.
    Fingers are awesome, each one give you +0.5 (or 1.0) move time extra seconds.
    And for new players (or slow players like me), move time is gold.
    So, with time you will put your hands on awesome subs (and leaders).
    But right now, you can just smile,:joyful: because you start playing this game in the best time ever, and already got some useful cards.

Trap likes this.
  9. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    Base Reeche would be easier to start with if you want to lead her. Her evolved form is surprisingly demandind in terms of skill and team building. The Madoo team pretty much will have you covered for awhile.

Consider making an Enchidna for the last sub, her menace skill has saved me more than twice back when I was just starting, dunno how Madoo changes the equation though, the damage output might just be so high that you don’t really need to worry about being smacked in the face by Zeus or something in Starlight Sanctuary.