Candidates for Li assist?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Tek7, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Welcome to the latest episode of, Right Monster, Wrong Account!, the side-splitting sitcom where GungHo keeps giving me the right monster--you guessed it!--on the wrong account. Hilarity ensues!

In today's episode, I rolled Li on my alt. Then proceeded to roll Weld on my alt. Which is not may main. Y'know, my main account with a Scheat I max-skilled and still haven't found a place for?

/cough

Okay, intro aside, how are you all planning to use Li?

I thought about BHunter or RBastet on my alt, but I didn't pull Tardis on my alt and I'm too lazy to build a Gunma (especially after pulling Tardis on my main). BHunter seems like a solid choice, but I already have enough TE on both my BHunter teams, main and alt, to hit the combo threshold required to melt things.

I guess there's Acala?

Anyway, here's a link to my alt account's PADherder: https://www.padherder.com/user/Tek7.ios/monsters/

It should be up-to-date later tonight, after I go pull some laundry from the dryer which just stopped so I gotta go kthxbye

2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Bear in mind I’m jaded.

I could see putting in on something like U&Y with high damage but orb hunger that benefits from a 6x7 board.

32 pulls and couldn’t snag one. Nor ideal. Nor Ney. Fucking gung-ho.
    I had been thinking I would lulz one on a OdinDra tea, and cross up the 6x7 for a really bananas multipler.

Pulled a bunch of dupes of the new girl though, that can x2 per cross in three colors. Hard as fuck to fit the crosses on a natural 6x7 if you don’t pop a tricolor active though, so perhaps mildly disappointing. I’ll give the play style some more time. 3 cross and a 9 combo split with rushana was only like 6m on each lead I think, though obv more crosses can fit. No friend leads had her up yet for dual. It’s fine, but at the cost of an active, meh.

In general, stuff with a high multipler is good. I.e, your dual Anubis cases, where 6x7 without compromising the multipler from dal is just broken good. You don’t have Anubis, but you can look over your high multipler cards.

Or your orb hungry high multipler peeps, whether it’s Orchid or U&Y or whomever. x400 is still decent, after all, even if it’s not Anubis x900. Orchid is just fun on of a big board. Imho.

A subset of that is high multipler but super awkward, in the OdinDra and Kenshin style, again going dual, cheating over to the 6x7, and having a silly multipler and finally the space to actually hit it. All the crosses, less of tha awkward split lead temptation.

3. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Best split is to put Rii on Rushana and lead with Shazel if you pulled her on the account that has the Rii. Pair with Rushana on your main for ridiculous damage and stupid HP. If you use all healers it wont be horrible for healing, especially with the 7x6 board.

Or, if you have cross Kenshin, Rii, and Ilmina on the same account you can do that. Basically same thing as Rushana except shield instead of HP mult.

I honestly hate cross play, but I like huge numbers. So I will do it. LOL.

tetsusaiga64 likes this.
  4. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    BHunter 7x6 is one of the strongest choices imo, you keep being super tanky but get way more damage. Being able to hit 10 combo consistently is huge for his damage output.
    It makes him more than viable for alt. Arena

5. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm wondering what the best strategy for my own Li is. I do everything solo so it'll take much longer for Li to activate, but right now I have two possible team ideas. he simplest would be my Anubis team, leading with Diaochan or Tachibana and pairing with a friend's Anubis rather than a Diablos. The other idea would be Rushana; I already have a hypermax Rushana and pulled Shazel to use as the starting leader, and Rushana's own active skill has a low cooldown so Li will be up a little quicker than she would on Anubis. I'm just not sure what subs to use on the team.

6. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Go home Bob. You’re nuts. Only color cross lead now is Nees. Lol

7. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Haha. I still need to do some serious work to finish my team, I need like 30 woodpys for my alt's Rushana. Then I will have lots of fun playing her. Nees might have 10k HP herself, but Rushana's 4x HP in coop will be ridiculous.

8. CloudStrife

User ID:
    My lineup has 45k and the shield. Not much different in effective hp when solo. Coop and Rush has stupid amounts of health.

9. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    OMG I just pulled Li ! I am so happy!!! Shazel/Rushana team is a go for me now. My team will be

Shazel/OdinDra/Yuna/Rushana/Flex

Flex I'm leaning towards Tardis since he is on one turn then I will inherit Mizutsune for 3x RCV for 6 turns. I will be tanky AF.

EDIT: Oh wait Tardis isn't God or Healer.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  10. Noobzilla

User ID:
    Trying out Shazel/Rushana into Rushana/Rushana 7x6 board. It's kinda stupid broken imo. I'm not even in coop and I have 119000 HP. I don't think Mizutsune is needed for solo because I get around 7K RCV base. It's super easy to stall with Shazel up. With Rushana x2 two heal matches and 7+ combo

Shazel/OdinDra/Yuna/Rushana/Mizutsune

Damage per sub is around
    ~4M with 2 crosses
    ~40M with 3 crosses
    ~400M with 4 crosses

Wow my Yuna just did 2B dmg.

I didn't realize the full potential of Li until I experienced it first hand. This will be OP in 2 player coop where skill boost is stacked. Daymmm. Would trade Ideal for Li. People with Diablos + lead/Li are gonna be in so demand.

11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is the plan I posted to my PAD blog back in October:

Some of the subs would be different (for example, running FUA Ryune on my main), but the idea remains the same.

I started trying it out last night and was pleased to discover Navi x BHunter hits harder than expected, but I didn't have the patience to wait out the 32 turns (16 turns * 2 players) so I might throw my max-skilled Whaledor on my main account's team to move things along. For science.

I'll be reviewing my alt's box for other Li assist candidates, but right now, only Acala comes to mind. Unfortunately, I didn't pull Shazel on my alt (but I did pull Weld on my alt when I have Scheat on my main -_-) and I don't (think I) have a green or red 7x6 lead on my alt, just Navi and Aten.

12. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    I got Li on both my accounts which is nice... But I'm missing any cool 7x6 leads... I have Yog on both accounts and Awoken Ganesha on one...

So I could do a super Yog team... The stalling to get it started is pretty brutal though at 35 turns (13 turns for Yog and 22 for Li).

I also have BH on both accounts, but no 7x6 blue leaders.

13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wouldn't be too upset over lacking 7x6 leaders right now. GungHo has been pushing the 7x6 meta for a while now and will likely continue to do so. I suspect we'll get more 7x6 leaders as time goes on, though I fear they'll be locked up in seasonal or collab REMs or 6* base pulls from fests (e.g. 3 Kingdoms series 2).

One thing over 1300 days playing PAD has taught me is that there's rarely cause to rush anything. Take your time, play what you enjoy, and don't chase the meta. GungHo has already announced a second inheritable leader switch active (search this article for Macha) and I have no reason to doubt there will be more. And that they'll all be 6* or higher base pulls.

7x6 meta landed with Anubis x Diablos and it built a house with Li. It's hard to imagine the trend slowing or reversing any time soon.

14. CloudStrife

User ID:
    Yeah and the next switch will probably have a better active cool down as well.

15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    GungHo has to walk a thin line in regards to Li. They have to know a lot of people are whaling or burning a stash of free stones to try to get her. I know I did and I'm about as frugal as they come (less than $20 IAP in 1300+ days and all those dollars were spent on bargain sets). If you diminish Li's value with a possible replacement too soon, you'll upset all those people who just burned a lot of stones to get a 6* pull from a 10-stone REM.

On the other hand, they need to keep people spending money after Dragonbound + Dragon Caller ends and their solution, which, frankly, seems to be their only solution these days, is to reveal yet another powerful 6* monster with what the players want.

Macha's active has 21-turn cooldown and a 50% shield; Li's active has a 22-turn cooldown and 3x burst for dragon types. Those differences are trivial when compared to the functionality Li and Macha offer (6x5 leader skill ATK multipliers on a 7x6 board). But Macha's reveal less than 4 months after Li's debut does seem to suggest we'll be getting more inheritable leader swaps in the future. But you'd best be ready to burn some stones to get them.

For the record, I spent 200 stones total chasing Tardis and Li across 2 accounts. In 24 pulls (2 free pulls + 10 additional pulls per account), I got 1 Li on my alt and 1 Tardis on my main. I only got 3 crystal eggs in 24 pulls (I also pulled Weld on my alt).

16. dplin

dplin Member

User ID:
    Thinkfish
    I want to make BH x BH work. Not sure who is the best candidate 7x6 sub for that. I'm thinking Diablos...Uruka...Tachibana...

17. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Leads with a low cool down seem to be the best fit, really don't co-op anymore so BH is out. So looking at Anubis, Rushana, or Nees looks good, even Odin Drag or Acala (when she gets an ult even more so). I have (2) Zuoh, Romia and (3) MeiMei's so I got the orb changers covered for Nees rofl.

18. Noobzilla

User ID:
    Im solo player too. Do Rushana. Super fun. 3x rcv and 2x hp is good for stalling. Then you get 100k hp with the switch.

19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You raise a good point. Acala's ult could be a game changer for players with Li.

:thinking:

20. Kami1337

Kami1337 New Member

User ID:
    Acala getting new ult? Cant find anything regarding that...but I would welcome it. Just need a 7x6 in green :(