[CHALLENGE] Clear all Challenge Descends with the same lead

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by MisterDrgn, Sep 21, 2015.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I failed on Wada several times with Vishnu, then paired up with an Osiris friend and got it. Felt pretty good. So I'm 13/15 with Vish, but I still have to clear the Rushes. If I run out of time (especially with this new event coming up), I may wuss out and clear them with something else.

Will upload clear pics later, but the team was:

Vishu/Osiris
    * Meimei
    * Osiris
    * Toyceratops (hearts!)
    * Viper Orochi (nice try, UmiYama)

(+297 on leads only)

2. jesrockz

jesrockz Rock@pf Unknown and Inactive Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Now that I have Shiva, these challenges aren't very difficult for me. But you know what would be very difficult, clearing every one with a different leader. Not sure if I could do that.

cecelia likes this.
  3. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I assume your team is all max-skilled? I would love to use Karin on Queen's Banquet but only Andromeda is skilled at all (and GZL who I'd likely include).

4. Cryptid

Cryptid Member

Cleared everything except the last one with:

A. Ra/L. Kali/L. Kali/Sun Quan/D. Kali/A. Ra

For Queen's Banquet I replaced the first L. Kali with Indra.

Fun times!

5. Sevo1

Sevo1 Member

Screenshot_2015-09-24-09-48-27_resized.jpg

Beat every dungeon with this line up except for Ocean God (used Echinda for RGY) and Queens Banquet (used DIZA for RGY to tank Hera preemptive hit). All maxed skilled except A. Shiva and all +297 eggs except Hino who has +99atk and some hp and RCV eggs. The two above mentioned dungeons took two tries each and Devils Domain almost went that route but was able to pull it off. First time ever clearing all the dungeons with same lead. Good times! Screenshot_2015-09-24-09-48-27_resized.jpg Screenshot_2015-09-24-09-49-04_resized_1.jpg

David@PF and cecelia like this.
  6. mighty pen

mighty pen RaDra or bust

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You're nuts. I had to change up A.Ra for LKali lead in Wad because fuck no awokens.

Cryptid likes this.
  7. dragoonj

dragoonj Active Member

Yeah everyone is max-skilled. You need a turn-1 active for Hera-Ur in Queen's banquet, so if you don't have a Seigfried max skilled then you'll have a hard time. Although with Andro and GZL and two Karins you'd just need one more Skill boost to have a max-skilled Andromeda up on turn 1. I also didn't have an answer for fatty but was lucky and he didn't show up. I imagine GZL helps there too with his def break and attack boost.

8. cecelia

cecelia New Member

User ID:
    Challenge complete! Thanks for giving me a reason to try Ra on Take, that was hilarious. It's been really interesting to see the different strategies people have taken -- loved seeing Awoken Karin!

My apologies for not including screenshots of everything. I tend to stare intently at the boss while making a kill, and then blank out of shock until the Clear is confirmed. Will work on that for the next challenge and do this properly.

take.PNG goemon.PNG cauchemar.PNG boerc.PNG wada.PNG devilrush.PNG list.PNG

I would not be able to complete this if it were necessary to always pair with another A. Ra lead (many thanks are due to mbp for the hypermaxed Ra, who features in most of these runs). For Devil Rush and Take, I had to use a friend's LKali. The team also had to be varied in some cases. On Hera Rush, Susano took the place of Awoken Isis; for Devil Rush, hypered Valk replaced hypered LMeta.

9. DrammaLamma

DrammaLamma Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah FL1 is where all the RNG for the run lies.
    Ideally you burst the ninja and goblin in a few turns or the damage stacks and RCV can't keep up.

A turn 1 sweep with 36x is not ideal either as you basically need a lelian activactive to sweep 3 and avoid getting bound.

You have to clear FL1 in 4+ turns essentially.

From there the dungeon is pretty straight forward: Stall where you can, use skills wisely, know what 12× can sweep and when you need 36×, keep in mind type disadvantage.

The hardest part from there is the boss combo shield.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  10. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
    Beat them all with Karin/Andro/Andro/Bodin/Isis/Karin, only time i switched up my team was in Mephisto where I used a D/L fagan instead of Bodin to take the light/dark binds easily

11. MisterxJ

MisterxJ Active Member

PADherder:
    link
  12. Titanic

Titanic Well-Known Member

So far I've defeated everything with awoken haku except Devils domain. That dungeon has been annoying :/

Got screen shots but if I beat Devils domain I will post. Don't have screen shots of regular Hera and goemon bc I didn't plan to do the challenge till after I did those dungeons.

13. Chirei

Chirei monmusu world order

I saw this thread and decided it would be a decent challenge for me.

Descend Challenge 1 - Full clear with Alraune and No Duplicates!

(Goes from bottom-up order in the ingame list from left-to right, so the fourth screenshot is Cauchemar.)

This was also my first attempt and clear of Hera Rush with Alraune! Two remain.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    David@PF, Albireo, jhendrsn and 7 others like this.
  14. jesrockz

jesrockz Rock@pf Unknown and Inactive Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Alraune OP

15. Suikama

Suikama aIsis4lyfe

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Finally cleared every challenge dungeon with Awoken Isis...

EXCEPT WADATSUMI

FUCK WADATSUMI

He literally took me like over 10 tries while everything else I beat in 1 try with Awoken Isis including rushes (well Hera took extra because I forgot to enter with a shield)

But Wadatsumi is pretty much impossible thanks to Awoken Isis being wood. There's so much that can go wrong and the one time I did reach Wada I didnt have enough to heal vs the first hit

So I cleared it with Nut

Wadatsumi can suck my Nuts LITERALLY

samuelburtt and Albireo like this.
  16. 0never

0never Retired!

For green teams (or green sub attribute teams) that want to beat Wadatsumi, I recommend running this guy...

When you get to Wadatsumi, swap him in, tank out the absorb, then swap him out. That was how I used to beat Wadatsumi with U&Y in the past.

17. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

So, cleared every non-rush with Lakshmi, except Mephisto. Lack of hearts is a deal breaker. I may take my wimpy heartmaker team for a spin to redeem myself if I have time, but there's so much going on in the game that I don't really have the stamina to spare...

18. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Welp, Vishnu came through. Not sure it was worth it, but it's done.

(EDIT: This was for a repeat of Challenge Descended! 1.)

Was clear sailing through the first 12 dungeons (one death on Izanami only). But the last three were *so* painful. Lots of deaths on Wada and Devil Rush, one death on Hera Rush, and I ended up clearing all of them with non-Vishnu friends (which has always been allowed, at least in the way I interpret this challenge).

Honestly I feel like I earned the Wada and Hera Rush clears (cleared Wada on the first try after switching to an Osiris friend), but the Devil Rush clear was kinda just lucky. Whatever.

I guess a lot of the challenge was that Vish is hypermax and all subs are max-skill, but the subs don't have +eggs (except Osiris had +140 or so for just the rushes, and LMeta when I brought her).

Notes:

Hera-Ur:
    Brought LMeta for general defense, and for an extra turn to set up the board vs. the boss.

Izanami: Brought Andromeda for skill bind resist. In the future, Awoken Ama will take that role.

Wada: Brought Orochi + Toyceratops for help stalling through Umi&Yama (still have to stall for Orochi before you get to U&Y). Brought an Osiris friend mostly for consistency on the first wave.

Devil Rush: Brought LMeta for binds/healing and a Bastet friend for added firepower vs. Extreme King and the boss. After a few failed runs with Bastet, I had a run where I screwed up and used all actives except Meimei before the boss. But I got a lucky Meimei board to win it.

Hera Rush: Brought DIza for surviving the boss pre-emptive and general defense, plus a Bastet friend for extra firepower. Kinda counted on my 60% skill bind resist vs. Hera-Sowilo.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    buzzyrecky and jesrockz like this.
  19. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Legendary Wizard

I ended up finishing everything with A.Ra. Hera Rush/Devil Rush/Wadatsumi/Hera-Ur each took 2 tries. I could have used other teams to do them in 1 try really but I wanted to do this and didn't have much else to spend stamina on anyway lol. Had a pretty busy weekend. So yeah, A.RA ftw!

mighty pen likes this.
  20. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253