Challenge Dungeons 23 (3/25-4/11) Results thread

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Grizztof, Mar 25, 2016.

1. banana400

banana400 Active Member

User ID:
    368 258 302
    PADherder:
    link
    What is the strategy for Parvarti?
    I either heal her up on final blow, or die on a larger hit. I have the team, I need to improve my plan.

So, reading this, I guess the idea is to stall 99 turns... oh well, as long as I can do it without stones

2. staghoff

staghoff Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ended up just deciding to stall out the 99 turns on parvarti because I don't really have any other team options. Wasn't really that bad with her throwing tons of hearts at you every other turn, just repeat the same pattern of saving hearts on the 2nd and last column. Brought Diza to pop on the Parvarti kill to survive the first couple rounds of Shiva.

[​IMG]

3. Xeric

Xeric Tamadra fiend

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What team are you running? I went with Saria, Apollo, DQ, Wukong, AAma, Thor with about 47k HP, ~1000 +eggs on the team.

F1: Worked her down a bit until Thor and Saria was up. Saria > Apollo > Thor = Kill
    F2: Slow grind. Might have had to use Wukong or DQ once of twice for emergency hearts but never really had to burst. Think it took ~40 turns for the kill.
    F3: Friend Thor had 2 skill delay resists on him, so I stalled one turn then Thor > Saria > Apollo
    = Kill

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  4. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't use Thoria but given the similarities with A.Luci I assume you just do what his team does and make the kill shot once below 30% by making a light match that doesn't involve a row. Not sure what the ideal amount of light orbs is but for my A.Luci team 6 dark with a decent combo was enough to finish her off but prongs might be the way to go for Thoria since you don't need a 6 match for activation.

5. Ertdre

Ertdre Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Here's Number 9 with Awoken Anubis. I don't think I can beat C10 just because of Parvati. Thanks, once again, to @proud2fail for his pentamax Awoken Anubis.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Awardius

Awardius Well-Known Member

User ID:
  7. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I followed @samuelburtt in clearing C8 and C9 with Antares, but then switched to Thor/Saria for C10 because Shiva is an asshole. They were all pretty easy clears, thanks to 7x6.

Much thanks to @Rydeen for the double skill delay resist on Saria. My other hypermax Saria friends have rainbow resist, which is basically useless. But since I have rainbow resist on Thor, I guess I can't complain. (I need to be less cheap and invest in SDR for my teams.)

Red Team: Antares, Uriel, Scarlet, Bodin hypermax (well Bodin's 1-2 skill-ups short...and not red)
    Light Team: All hypermax

8. Rydeen

Rydeen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice clears! I've actually been wrecking things with Perseus wherever possible including C10 this time around (pretty sweet). Those skill delays are totally worth it. Z8 is easy with them and it seems most things that skill delay you have a tendency to get dangerous when the delays expire. Even one SDR can save your butt.

samuelburtt and MisterDrgn like this.
  9. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Freyr/Raoh conquers all.

I planned on stalling Parvati with Cao Cao, so I could pop Urd/Sanada/Freyr for Shiva and kill with Rodin. I ended up not killing after the stall, and instead of healing, I killed her. Ended up taking about 50 turns to kill. But with sdr latents on Raoh friend, I just needed to heal first turn, pop Raoh, then Urd, Sanada, Freyr for the one-shot.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. silfer

silfer Expert Lurker

PADherder:
    link
    oooh another parvati user/green advocate. i sent a friend request!

samuelburtt likes this.
  11. Verrous@PF

Verrous@PF Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've only done the top 5 so far, but that's where most of the meat of the challenges are anyway.

Spreading the word about LINKA again, she beat them all. On the first try. I even used a fun bicolor team for 8. LINKA is a beast at 7x6 dungeons. All that extra movement time makes activation easier instead of harder like it the bigger board does for row teams. She was easy to control damage with on Parvati and burst hard enough to nail every boss.

Challenge Lead Subs Friend Summary of the Run
    Level 10
    Video Link
    Level 9
    Video Link
    Level 8
    Video Link
    Level 7
    Video Link
    Level 6
    Video Link
    (Thanks to @kandjar for table)

AMDZen, kandjar, Bane Shydow and 6 others like this.
  12. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    c10 freyr.png
    Did not want to spend the night grinding Normals.

F1. Ares did 99% damage, but 7x6 is easy for 6 combos.
    F2: Thought about waiting 99 turns, but 2 sets of normal fire combos does enough damage. Had to tank 2 hits of her rage hit tho. Also Set should've been placed on the left most slot, or simply been replaced by Awoken Hinokagu. His TPA does way too much damage from one fire TPA. Was never really in any danger though.
    F3. Raoh + Freyr alone generated enough orbs for the kill.

Just waiting on Ares awoken evolution now and this team will become even more beastly.

1st world problems: Too many light Pys. Don't even have a REM monster to use them on. I guess maybe Fuu? Fat Chocobo?...

13. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice clear! Same problem for me. Why do I have so many light Pys? I have Py'd 3 light monsters, same as dark, yet I have 11 light ones and only 2 dark

14. banana400

banana400 Active Member

User ID:
    368 258 302
    PADherder:
    link
    Heee, wait.
    Does the order of the monster on the line up have an impact on the damage calculation?

15. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've seen you have a hyper Freyr up - glad to see another Freyr user on the forum.

Tachii likes this.
  16. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The first damage comes from the left-most monster's main attribute and goes from left to right. Then the sub-attribute damage is added next from left to right. If I put Set on the second slot, Parvati would absorb his main attribute damage, but then the damage after him would all get added.

This really isn't that important in this scenario, but is really important against enemies with super low health. The last sub-attribute (your friend lead) can basically heal the enemy even if they should've died from the rest of your monsters since that damage is counted last.

17. Xeric

Xeric Tamadra fiend

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been half tempted to buy Linka from the start, given my Pollux and Ars Nova sitting idle at the moment. These videos are not helping my resolve...

18. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes. Attacks are resolved in order from left to right, first for primary attribute and then for secondary attribute.

It can be advised to have higher ATK (and/or TPA) mobs first in your team to help ensure their high ATK hits first, but the main thing is when you are in a situation where a color is absorbed you would like that color to be early in the team to leave the opportunity for other members to counter the absorbed damage.

banana400 likes this.
  19. banana400

banana400 Active Member

User ID:
    368 258 302
    PADherder:
    link
  20. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Accepted! Hypermax with 5 fire resist latents at your service! :D