Checking for interest in a SOLO Verse farming guide for rogues

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by ViewtifulGene, Jan 11, 2018.

1. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been solo farming rogues with Verse a lot lately. If this is something you would like to see a guide on, sound off here. If it has already been done or if you think there is no need, I will piss off. No offense taken.

I think Verse solos add a lot of value over typical solo and farming options, for the following reasons:
    1. No need to waste time finding partners or managing alts.
    2. Better orb efficiency than typical solo farm leads. Meri or Yog needs 6 orbs. Verse needs 3-4 tops.
    3. Sub flexibility.

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd be interested, but co-op with RLB and the guides out are already hard to beat for almost everything except Volsung.

3. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd be interested. I don't do co-op and my Liu Bei isn't fully evolved, wheras I already have many components of a Verse team ready and could throw it together pretty quickly.

4. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fuck RLB. Ain't nobody got time for finding partners then taking twice as long to empty the stamina bar.

5. JG77

JG77 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Interested.

6. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'll start writing it. I have Nordis, Volsung, and Linthia down pat. I have a theory for Scarlet, but have not tested it yet. Z8 may be tricky, but I have a plan. I am inclined to recommend buying a different rogue when Myr is up, since that has too many time wasters.

Arranging likes this.
  7. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Much more interested in a guide to 2018 Royal Rumble matches.

ViewtifulGene and HappyNoms like this.
  8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have 2 accounts and both have ALB, but I'd still be interested in Verse builds because I have him on both accounts as well. (Guess what I'm doing Sunday. Yep, that's right, farming Nordis for shynpys.) I might be able to adapt any solo guides for co-op. And even if I can't, I spent a crystal mask on this dude and I want to see him shine, whether in co-op or solo.

gottasmile likes this.
  9. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    If you get stuck, post a sketch with an issue, and we’ll help theory craft it fixed. There’s usually some kind of shenanigans.

I haven’t farmed mp in ages, but a good theory solve is always fun.

I got dual kiri into challenge mode legendary remains working reliably the other day, after a fair bit of experimental tweaking. Fun times. Though my thing is usually the messed up cmode solves rather than farming time efficacy.

10. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think I have most shit figured out except for Myr. I really don't want to resort to healing through her void until it drops, because that involves sitting through too many animations. But bringing a pixel card is annoying when the dungeon requires other utilities. F1 requires a laser. F3 requires a shield and an answer to Resolve. The Predras also need lasers. All of this conflicts with the need to bring Tsubaki or Kiri to actually make Verse fast.

Any idea for units that would kill two birds with one stone?

Jize works as a recyclable laser if Py hunting, but not for Predras.

11. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have a simple 2-step process that will give the results you deserve at every Royal Rumble:

1. Know your damn role
    2. Shut your damn mouth

If that fails, then I have 1 more step: I can step my size 16 boot straight up your roody poo candy ass.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Nachtmacher and Freddyfudrucker like this.
  12. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Dragon killer Tsubaki, because killers are breezy. Sure.
    (Also flair, because Myr specially says, “your dragon god is waiting for you...”)

Let’s assume we want a pixel, perhaps Lightening, as her row might be useful towards boxing and because on color and skill boosts. Though let’s be open to pixel substitutions.

Raphael is a “two birds one stone” combo solution to f3. Immune while you full heal swipe, then immune while you ohko the floor and ignore the perserverance hit, enemy recovers to 10% and you are at full health, easy peasy. Provided Raphael cd16 is up in time, of course. (I assume you also cuss very softly at swiping the board into a 1 match, but the first world struggle is real.)

Zeus / Tsubaki^Amaretsu / RevoApollo^Seta(orJize) / Lightening^Ra / Raphael / Zeus
    (Edit: correction: no f7 preemptive if you sweep f6, no need for Ama inherit.)

Is 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 14 skill boosts on entry, vs Raph 16 by f3 and lightening^Ra 19 on f5 with some f3 swipe turns factoring in.
    Random badge, though could badge SB if you tweak comp (presumably a different pixel) and need it.

1SB Apollo could swap to 3SB recent wukong if needed. Apollo as a double changer is just reliable orb ratio assurance. Seta is PEM niche, Jize is equivalent, else there are quite a few single target lasers floating about, all typically low cds. The Apollo base slot should keep to cd8 or faster to recycle up by endfloor to make orbs for the pixel box, however, if tweaking.

Some pixel have SB, some don’t. Obviously, shift the pixel color and Apollo should shift to a corresponding relevant orb changer to make pixel box color orbs.

F1: Seta (single target laser) the tan, and sweep.
    F2: sweep
    F3: [preemptive hit] Raphael and swipe / heal full,
    then pseudosweep and still immune while he perserverance hits,
    then sweep
    F4: sweep
    F5: Ra laser the PreDras
    F6: sweep, (imho with happenstance fire match so Tsubaki smacks hard)
    F7: [preemptive hit] Ama heal and sweep
    Edit: correction: no preemptive if you sweep f6, no need for Ama.
    F8: Apollo (double orb change) and easy to make a pixel box.

Seems like it should theorycraft work.
    Should be tweakable with a fair bit of flex for other pixels, and other single target lasers. Idk if there is a Raphael flex, as he is double solving the awkward f3 floor, and elegantly gets turns in to recycle Apollo base sub. *spreads hands* Forcing Zeus into a dungeon with double preemptives while also requiring a pixel... *rolls eyes*. If you don’t have him, I’ll ponder it some more.

Friendly regards.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  13. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First form Myr only hit you when you have time debuff from Wee Jas. Else, she will put up -2s time debuff if you one shot Wee Jas. That should opened up a slot to aid in box making for pixel.

14. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Apollo double orb change already covers box, but that is good. Frees up a slot in case someone needs something like a swap of Raphael to a Ganesha and a FUA sub in the free slot.

Arranging likes this.
  15. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't have Lightning and I suspect most people reading the guide don't, either. For plausibility and relatability, I have decided that the guide will not include anything with a base rarity higher than 5*.

Also, the skill boost count drops dramatically without Lightning and with the Raph skill up fodder, Chinbowdra. That's where I keep hitting snags.

Arranging likes this.
  16. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    The comp/nav has several turns to spare, so I think lightening is just luxury to hand and by no means essential. Which I did already mention. I think it can readily revise to use an arbitrary pixel with one SB, and shifting the Apollo to one of the low cd 2SB make a row of orbs subs that matches the pixel color.

I don’t know if there is a Raphael substitute or not.
    I haven’t looked at the fodder. Who even skills up a fodder to a sensible lower threshold cd? Tbh, I don’t consider having to design for skillup fodder to be legit. It’s fine if it’s a thing, but its the peasant life that not everything is 5 star fodder peasantry friendly. Such is life.

I’ll give things a look in a moment.

17. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    @ViewtifulGene

Peasantry revisions.

Kicking out lightening as too rare for a more arbitrary 0 skill boosts pixel, with a corresponding tweak to the base sub making endfloor orbs for the box. Yamato as a common card with 3SB and a double orb change fire maker. If the player wants to run 1SB pixel Squall and 2SB Antares (useful godkiller) or Thuban (cyber dragon flair) or etc instead, as equivalent, sure. Any pixel works with an accompanying orb maker tandem tweak. (I think fire pixels make the most arbitrary sense as they are aligned with Tsubaki color when wanting robust damage on f6.)

Zeus / Tsubaki / Yamato^Jize(any single target laser) / pixelTerra^Ra / Raphael / Zeus

3 2 3 0 2 3 base SB =13 plus optional badge 1 = 14
    Vs Raphael 16 by f3

F1: Jize (single target laser) the tan, and sweep.
    F2: sweep
    F3: [preemptive hit] Raphael and swipe / heal full,
    then pseudosweep and still immune while he perserverance hits,
    then sweep
    F6: sweep, (happenstance fire match for dragon killer dmg, can pop Tsubaki active if fire orbs are needed.)
    F7: sweep
    F8: Yamato and make a pixel box.

Alt version without a Raphael.
    Swap to a FUA base sub and a Ganesha.

No Ganesha either? A 50 heal also works equivalently to get back to full health. Kamiya Kaoru, OdinDra, Nees, etcetera... X20 rcv light Zhuge Liang (GZL) also works. Probably the common x8 your rcv heal stuff like Mito or LMeta as well, check your team hp/rcv to see. If your rcv is 2k and x8 2k is 16k and is half your health, then sure.

Zeus / Tsubaki / FUA.Urd^Jize / pixelTerra^Ra / Ganesha.or.sufficient.heal / Zeus
    3 2 1 0 2 3 = 11 SB plus optional badge 1 = 12
    vs Ganesha cd13 by f2
    Terra^Ra cd16 by f5
    (Alt: If you swap Ganesha to a heal sub with -1 SB, the heal cd by f3 is easy, but check you still make the f5 laser, using Tsubaki active for +1 haste is an option.)

F1: Jize (single target laser) the tan, and sweep, storing heart orbs
    F2: Put Ganesha up and sweep, storing heart orbs.
    F3: [immune to preemptive hit] Make a FUA heart column and sweep.
    F6: sweep, (happenstance fire match for dragon killer dmg, can pop Tsubaki active if fire orbs are needed but prefer to save for endfloor ratio assurance.)
    F7: sweep
    F8: Urd and make a pixel box. Urd + Tsubaki if Urd makes a ratio askew board and you need +3 fire to get a box.

Idk about chinbowdra unskilled fodder. Cd23 -> cd16 with 1 SB. I’m doubtful people peasant enough to be shallow box have somehow magically skilled up a chinbowdra lying about just because.

If you actually cd16 him, then okay, run Yamato for 3sb and a pixel like Squall with 1SB and it’s a thing. Should be equivalent to the Raph build.

Zeus / Tsubaki / Yamato^Jize(any single target laser) / pixelSquall^Ra / wtf.cd16.ChinbowDra / Zeus

3 2 3 1 1 3 base SB =13 plus optional badge 1 = 14
    Vs Raphael 16 by f3
    Same navigation as initial (Raphael) version above.

I think I’d see if the x8 rcv common healers like LMeta and a FUA work, before going down the chinbowdra rabbit hole.

sgt502 and Arranging like this.
  18. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the thorough response. I can't test it because I have no red pixels, though. Can't be assed to build them when I have Sephiroth and Plesios. I think I'm gonna stick with my initial decision to say Myr is more trouble than worth.

There's probaby a blue option with Pixel Plesios and Whaledor. But working in Kiri for DPS will be cumbersome. And if it requires brain cells then it isn't farming.

Don't talk shit about Chinbowdra. I had him skilled as a byproduct of hunting for Mori skill fodder back when Doggie Hell was a thing.

19. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Fucking Mori.
    I skilled up all four of mine, thinking NepDra quadruple Mori would be the lulz, and what do they do...change his active on his jp forthcoming better upgrade form...

Kiri screws up the slot because she is pokey slow cd and hard to usefully inherit in time. I suppose I shouldn’t talk any shit about her either since she just got me past a couple late technical challenge modes.

Thanks for the interesting puzzle.
    Boiling a navigation down to the essential floors and actives is often generally edifying as an analysis skill. Always a pleasure.

20. Sparkle

Sparkle Doing it wrong since 1979

User ID:
    If you have Verse and can't figure your own optimal team for dungeon X, why are you even playing this game?