Chirei Tries It : oops i did it again

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Chirei, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Chirei

Chirei monmusu world order

Quite a few people have requested this of me for some reason. I've never done it before, so I guess I'll give it a try.

[​IMG]
    (have a fat igglybuff)

How it all began

I started on the afternoon of April 1st, 2013, with my first pull being . Despite the timing, I was assured very quickly that my first foray into this game was no joke. I'm still Non-IAP to this day, playing on the NA Server. While I have no express desire to play on the JP server ever, I have a fair amount of friends who do, so I'm not completely out of the loop on the happenings there.

While a lot of people seem to know me as that guy, my roots are deeply ingrained in the teachings of Leilan, actually starting off as one of her first subs, and being instrumental in earning my my first Legend Plus clear. Ever since the shift to Awoken form and the loss of the heart activation, coupled with the lack of good subs to support the fire row focus, I started using Leilan less and less, while finding a much more stable and tanky sleeper hit build with Alraune, and the rest just kind of happened from there. With the heart activation coming back though, this will probably change, as I will be able to play her again like I used to, but with all her upgrades acquired in Awoken form. Of course, this doesn't mean I'm going to stop the Alraune shenanigans anytime soon, but it's nice knowing that I can go back to how things used to be once again.

I mostly run teams and builds that I enjoy playing and I feel need more looking into, rather than mainstream teams everyone has already analyzed down to the molecular level and have been proven to work - it's like taking a test and submitting someone else's answers for them. The game is Puzzle and Dragons after all, and I personally don't think it's in the spirit of puzzle-solving (despite how RNG-laden this game is) to just use an answer someone has already arrived at instead of coming up with a new one yourself. So as a general note: A lot of the builds and strategies I may record here will be highly unorthodox, and therefore the contents of this blog are probably not the best guideline if you seek advice for general progression. You have been warned.

Special thanks goes out to the Suzaku Appreciation Thread here hosted by @jade and my personal group of friends that may or may not be on this forum as well for helping me get this far.

MrBoogs, Gig, Haku-ku-ku and 14 others like this.
  2. Chirei

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Gig, David@PF and jade like this.
  3. Chirei

Current Teams

:fire::earth::light: Leilan :fire::earth::light:

Current Configuration:

Highly experimental. One variant has been able to take out One-Shot Challenge Lv10 (1) with 0 stones.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I call this setup the "Double Slash." Using Kopis -> 7star -> attack -> 7star allows for Kopis to be used again immediately on the second one, allowing for incredible damage over two turns... if you can survive that long or delay the enemy, as 7star makes no hearts.

:earth::fire::light: Alraune :earth::fire::light: (What a coincidence on the colors... Leilan's influence continues on.)

Current Configuration:

Most recent achievements of note were Challenge Dungeons 17 Lv10 and Extreme Endless Corridors.

Forum related accolade: Cleared @MisterDrgn 's 2nd Clear all Challenge Descends with the same lead!

A surprisingly stable build with tons of health and decent RCV (well... as decent as you can get on 1x RCV), as well as a good amount of utility. Lacks a lot of the punch needed for the recent powercreeped content, but I still love this build nonetheless. Very resistant to those "Yet Another Stupid Death" type of situations when running "lesser" content.

:awakening1::earth: X-Alraune :earth::awakening1: (In Progress)

Current Theoretical Setup:

* - Should eventually replace with for better enhance and 100% SBR. Yes, I realize she would not get the HP/ATK boosts from Alraune, but the improved enhance from 1.5x -> 2x, additional row, and 100% SBR far outweigh any damage/HP drop I would experience from this.

Team will have 11 :awakening1:, 12 with Awoken Freyja. Seems like it has the potential to be a much more hard-hitting, higher consumption version of the Balanced team. Really hoping I can pull Elize to start building it.

1/21/2016 - 1/22/2016 - As of this time, Awoken Astaroth is now live in the North American server, and I also managed to pull Elize out of the Director's Carnival on the following day, so this team is now OK to go!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Tux, icedragon926, Gig and 3 others like this.
  4. Chirei

Final Ranking Dungeon 1 Results and team used:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Only tried about 20 times or so. I used one stone on it to try to farm skillups for , but after getting 6 of the red ninjas and getting no skillups, I gave up.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    David@PF likes this.
  5. Espadas

Espadas You're gonna have a bad time

You didn't think you could escape us so easily, did you? :smuggrin: (well, as much as an "online friend" you might see me :p )

Glad to see you started this, your "highly unorthodox builds and strategies" are always entertaining and useful for personal improvement ;)

6. Chirei

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Haku-ku-ku, David@PF, ainvar and 2 others like this.
  7. jade

jade the lamp of experience

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: Thanks for the shoutout. You will always be a Suzaku player in my mind. A true TC pal to the core; I respect the Alraune TC! Looking forward to this blog.

8. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

honestly your "unconventional" builds are great. I hate that my friendslist looks like a popularity contest of PAD now.
    I'm hoping that all these god rebalancings will "stir the soup" and we'll have more unconventional builds doing end game content.

So when does alraune tackle arena?

9. Chirei

I'd say give me a few months at best - I'm not having the best of times right now in real life, and I still lack a few instrumental pieces to attempt it with any chance of success. Right now I'm more anticipating the end-of-year godfest, because last year it was Norn introductions + Valk Carnival at the same time, which means if they repeat it, I have to get ready to try and pull for Elize, so that's #1 on priorities as of this point.

10. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

I wish you luck. keep us posted on your plans, details.

Elize! (checks my box), nope I only have BValk, LValk, & DValk. For some reason the Valkyries seem super rare. best of luck getting her! happy you manage to snag CAlraune so easily! On color delay for the Alraune team is a great addition.

11. Chirei

Would you believe I pulled 11 times last year and got two Claires, and on the 11th pull that I did in the morning I got Femme, who I actually wanted?

...and then I proceeded to get a dupe Femme yoloing a later Valk Carnival. Still no sign of Reine or Elize...

David@PF likes this.
  12. Chirei

Killing off the weaker Challenge levels and decided to have some fun.

Alraune used Scary Face!

[​IMG]

It was SUPER FUCKING EFFECTIVE

This is like the best thing ever why did this not happen sooner

Gig, Reni, LaconicLeaf and 4 others like this.
  13. Chirei

Lv9. At first I thought I was going to lose because for all five of the turns I fought Defoud he ONLY used Photon Breath. I think seeing Alraune enter the arena made him go into full alert...

[​IMG]

Gig and David@PF like this.
  14. LaconicLeaf

LaconicLeaf Explorer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Vulcan is raging after that clear. He's ranting that he had a green connection, but gets a laggy match where he can't block, his moves won't come out, and his opponent lands all his combos for a Double Perfect, okay.

15. Chirei

Got a nice present from someone on my friends list today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just need merch of Parvati/Verdandi/Cu Chu/Bastet to complete the team IRL now! Hope everyone else got some amazing stuff this year as well.

16. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Damn you, you make me want to pull for Alraune. Even though Echidna covers RG already...
    I have a Bastet figurine...
    Sorry to hear about your IRL not-so-great times. It's especially tough this time of year...

David@PF and Chirei like this.
  17. Chirei

A good part of it is honestly my own inattentiveness, so it's alright. I'll just have to make sure not to mess up again.

David@PF and Haku-ku-ku like this.
  18. Grizztof

Grizztof Shirley, you can't be serious.

I didn't get a single gold in the Christmas REM while dropping almost a pack just to get all the silvers....now just gimme 2x SSP again.

David@PF likes this.
  19. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link

You have my attention.

IgglyBlog!!

David@PF and Chirei like this.
  20. Chirei

So today, apparently Version 2.0 of PAD Mario came out today for North America, along with all new score attacks that are a lot more fair than the original version. Decided to play it for 30 minutes before going out with family for Christmas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rip kosuke 2k15...