Choosing one of the new GFEs

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by MisterDrgn, Dec 12, 2018.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I assume people will have lots of questions on this. I’d welcome thoughts from people more in touch with JP, but here are my naive reactions.

Valk seems generally good, and she’s easily the best leader. But finding subs for her team might be really hard. The only 7c light healer I can think of is Yuna.

Zeus has almost the same LS as Zeus Verse. Eh?

Athena’s LS is a bit weak, but she has sub potential. She looks great for TPA Myr, but no one cares about that except me, and she’d have competion to get on my team. Other teams that could use her...light-focused DMeta??

2. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sakuya, moreso with super awakening. Aaaaand that's all I'm seeing in my box.

Still, leaning more towards Valk m'self. Mostly as a sub because double 7c+killers while being an unbindable bind clearer whose active rivals Odindra (and light) is just too good of a package.

Valk orbs are a welcome perk, too! But I think I prefer the vanilla orbs all the same.

Athena seems to be a lesser gronia/blonia and Zeus falls flat.

Facebook link:
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...ungho/3-new-fest-exclusives/2406070816088163/

MisterDrgn likes this.
  3. MisterDrgn

User ID:
  4. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Blech. I misread Ciel's active.

Still, I'd probably rock her on Hathor(!) as the wildcard slot, also covering Medic needs. Or just a breezy leader when I want to casually punt lower difficulty descends.

Going to knock out all these December quests first!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    LIGHT HEALER RESURGENCE BEGINS NOW

But seriously, I plan on getting Valk CIEL on both accounts since I have a long history with light healers saying back to LMeta.

I pulled LCotton on my alt during the seasonal super fest, so I've got a very strong start there.

6. Marlboro

Marlboro Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    i actually kinda like that Zues, particularly the fact that the AS has that heal to full component..... farm teams could ditch ama/ceres and replace with auto heals, or other utilities that couldn't be covered. that said i'll prolly do Valk as well, i also have been running light healers for ages... got two cottons, a couple lmetas, a few amas and kirins and hathors.... not in any rush tho, likely won't buy until the end, in case any pop from the PCGF machine. don't think i'm a fan of any of the orb designs, seems.... distracting.

EDIT: oh and five DQXQ haha, how could i forget her.. plus venus, raph, a few appollos, baal wukong..... lots of options if the 7c is ignored which is likely fine for most fast farm builds

Luminescent likes this.
  7. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    My light healer side says to pick Valk, but my practical side tells me to pick Athena for Myr shenanigans

8. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I played lots of Light Healer teams too, going back to 9x Valk. The problem is that all those old healer subs suck now. Cotton is great, but beyond that...

KryonX likes this.
  9. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You know, Valk Subs don't need to be light...

That said, Yuna, Karin Shindou, Ideal, Odindra, welcome to the team!

10. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I took 3 rolls in the PC godfest. Lugh and 2 Ciel back to back. Before I rolled her I was leaning toward getting her. Now I'm not sure. Maybe Athena

11. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was debating this too. I looked at my Friends list (200 peeps) and there is 1 Zeus, 2 Athenas, and 6 Valks. I didn't roll any with the 20 stones I had, so now I need to figure out if I clear for more stones and try rolling agin.

My thoughts:
    Zeus - Full Heal is a plus. I saw somewhere he is a key lead strat for a new dungeon coming up, so he has his uses?
    Valk - tons of healers in my box, only 11 of them with 7C. Looks like rainbow team would be best?
    Athena - So its a light version of Dathena only she has 2 7C... that's pretty damn tempting if you ask me. Plus, if Yog's MegaEvo comes out with a 7C awakening, he'd be perfect for her team. I got a LOT of light 7C subs, so I am VERY tempted to get Athena.

Luminescent likes this.
  12. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh for sure.... when Awoken Ama dropped we were the stoked-est. AAMA/DQ-DQ-VALK-VENUS/AAMA for 5 turn CTW burst with full autoheal every turn.

I used your Ama many a time.

MisterDrgn and Ele like this.
  13. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As a lead, I find more potential in Zeus than the rest. He's pretty much Verse but with a higher multiplier albeit his team requirement is light vs. any for the trade off. He does also get movement time too which is nice if you want to land those 7c's.

Valk for me will likely be a sub. Her leaderskill, albeit not bad just isn't great either; a 144x multiplier in today's meta isn't very much. However, as a sub, her 7c's, dragon killer and god killer makes her a great damage stick. Her active is also on a relatively low CD, likely allowing enough orbs to do light VDPs if you have someone with it on your team.

Athena is kind of meh for me. Yeah, she's a more powerful version of D.Athena but what exactly are you going to use her for? She's great for starters who need a lead but most leads on the tier list are better.

I'm leaning towards Valk, simply because she has more longevity as a sub than Zeus as a niche lead. Also, quite honestly, I don't think too many people will run any of these as leads for very long, making it difficult to find friends with them unless you happen to pair one with your own. It's too bad though because I really want Zeus for his art and orbs, he just looks so bad ass and actually scary... and a scythe.

14. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link

You going to run Ciel @Ele ? I may just pull the trigger then anyway, and drop her in BF slot for testing purposes....

Luminescent and Ele like this.
  15. DaddyMojo

DaddyMojo Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I really want both Valk and Athena. When I look back at my PAD adolescence, my main leaders were Valk, Athena, Ronia, and later Verdandi and DAthena so I'd love to play with them again.

16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I started typing up a list of light healers, but my computer ate my post when it crashed, so I'm going to be lazy and post this link to light healers sorted by weighted stats instead: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp?e1=4&t1=4&t2=4&t3=4&ue=0&mp=0&s1=7&s2=1&o1=1&o2=2&o3=2

As for a rainbow healer team led by Valk Ciel, that sounds like a lot of fun and would bring things full circle for me. (I played a rainbow healer team led by LMeta early in my PAD career.) We'd have an excuse to run subs like Isis, Ea, Kushi, Shazel, Rushana, L/R LKali, RValk/BValk/GBalk/DValk (for the 7c and guard break), Eir, Kami, and others.

Whales could even run a full Valk team: CIEL / RValk / BValk / GValk / DValk + CIEL friend

And I could always run a blue healer team like I dreamed about years ago! Isis, SQ, Ea, UUEvo Saras, Awoken Nut, UUEvo Amon, Hatsume, and more!

Getting excited about a comeback for healers!

Vaedriel likes this.
  17. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yep, I figured I'd give her a whirl as a leader.

18. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No...
    Whale would run:
    Ciel / Ideal / Ideal / Cotton / <flex> with flex being a third ideal by default ;-)

19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Then maybe some aquatic creature bigger than a minnow and smaller than a whale would run a Valk Spectrum(TM) team.

If I'd pulled more than GValk on my alt and DValk on my main, I'd do it, if only for the novelty.

But yes, Ideal is the #1 Ciel sub in PAD. And she continues to elude me. T_T

20. 20matar

20matar 20Matar

User ID:
    20matar
    Ideal is healer

Luminescent likes this.