Cloud City's Scarlet Blaze results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by sgt502, Oct 23, 2017.

1. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    9 was really difficult for me. went through at least 10m on changing assists and took around 10 tries. Bringing a delay for the last level really helped a lot.

2. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [​IMG]
    This was actually a lot easier than I thought it was gonna be. Team was (since I always forget to snap the kill shot) Anubis^phoenix rider/gunma/tachi^Indra/Julie/Scheat^Odin/diablos. And I didn't even end up using Julie or Odin.

F1: Took down in two hits.
    F2: I was gonna stall the status shield but forgot that diablos had guard break, and ended up two-shotting him.
    F3: no-combo until shield down, then two hits to kill.
    F5: Thought it was going to be a grind like ares, but 35 mil is pretty high of a cap. Ended up chipping her down in 8 turns or so, and didn't proc the awoken skills bind.

I'm really digging finally having an anubis. :D
    The +297 Athena drop was instantly evo'd and then used to evo the Athena Helios I already made.

Vaedriel and xer 21 like this.
  3. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    THAT MOMENT WHEN... the RNG is a merciless b****

[​IMG] [​IMG]

...cuz 1 TPA ain't cutting it. :shifty:

sgt502 and MegatronG like this.
  4. Tetedeiench

Tetedeiench Active Member

I did it with her. The fire resist comes only from the awakenings / latents, so no need for a leader skill. You just ping the thing down, next floor, use puppet, rinse, repeat.

Any lead will do, just stack those latent resists and bring a puppet.

Only binds can get you killed.

If you have a Minerva team, inherit skills to give you a nice kill board and an enhance (wise dragon, jewel princess, orb enhance and a lesser enhance...), Or enough bind clear to get rid of the 10 turn bind on the last floor.

There are other ways of doing this - don't buy a puppet just for that. It's just that if you have a resist team, use that and move forward :)

5. Tetedeiench

Tetedeiench Active Member

9 was the toughest for me as well. Anublos did the trick once I thought to remove amatsu and bring saria for a nice board.

Pixel cloud then did his job and blasted Ares into Oblivion.

It was really fun :)

This string of challenge feels like the best we had so far. It was really fun and felt diverse.

6. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Diverse for sure. I felt like it walled accounts without a lot of options because different strategies were needed.

9 was not fun....rest were pretty cool. I could see 6 being a pain as well without the right options.

sgt502 likes this.
  7. MegatronG

MegatronG Active Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    I hate that. I've had a worse one though. A3 got to kali with meri team, only had sun quan si and sonia available popped sq, then sonia...25 dark obs...i guess the game didn't want me to have the god killer. Needless to say I didn't play the rest of the day.

sgt502, Vaedriel and xer 21 like this.
  8. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1 TPA and a 3 match will do it, but you need a Def. Void and a bigger burst, like facet or dark egg dragon

9. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had (balboa) def void up, its listed on the first screenshot. I had to burn my Facet inherent for Loki's to get my other Haku up for Hamal... because I didn't kill her in one shot and she was about to roast me. So I went into Meta's floor with Loki buff, not Facet, and thought to myself "well, maybe Loki's buff will be enough with 3 to 4 dark TPAs" and only got one. Lesson learned for sure.

I can plow through every floor until I get to Hamal and Meta. I am starting to really hate this Floor 6 part of the challenge. FL1-FL5 I plowed through them, no worries.

10. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think floors 6 and 9 were the worst. BTW, I have diablos in slot one, so feel free to add me. @Vaedriel

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Vaedriel likes this.
  11. Expagel

Expagel Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I raged through 6 spending 5 stones on LMeta because I was sick of its bullshit. Even with delays and a defense void there are too many mechanics for my scrubness to deal with. 7 was a cakewalk in comparison, 0-stoned with Ilm/Minerva, and brought school Thumbelina as my short CD laser. Guess I'll try Meri for 8, but have no idea if 9 or 10 are doable for my skill level and box.

ETA: Was a dummy and used Blonia's board on MHera, so she absorbed dark and nuked me. But Amon's counterattack killed her, so I used the stone to win. C9 looks dumb as hell so I'll focus on clearing October C10 instead this weekend.

12. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, no puppet over here, either. Given what I'm hearing about F6 and F9, I may not even bother trying to finish this. I've already got the Tri Mask from the October Quest, and with any luck, they'll become easier to get like the other Ancient Masks, Twinlits, and Trifruits did.

13. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I sent invites from both of my accounts. :)

14. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have Diaochan, perhaps put her on one of your Haku to act as a carrier until LMeta. 6th Floor is a bastard challenge for sure. I can't think of any challenge with the same kind of bullshit mechanics and so many utilities to get around.

15. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Whittled Ares down to around 25%, wanted to take him a bit further but my match was somehow perfectly in his sweet spot, unlike my previous two dozen matches, and he jack hammered my face in. I would have put Indra up but figured I'd save him until I got closer to the danger zone. Spent a stone to purchase the next thirty minutes of my life, punched Ishida on Cecil and rolled over him.

Attached Files:

Vaedriel likes this.
  16. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So my Alt took in Ameno... I flubbed on Sopdet. Went in again and made it to Meta and choked... only made 5 combos. So I switched to Dathena and on my 2nd run with Dath, I made it to Meta and got this board:

[​IMG]

Which I stared at, for I s*** you not, 30 minutes to solve it for 6 combos with 1 TPA.
    I started with the Dark orb 3rd row down on the far left and was going to go up and stack the blue and red and make a dark TPA under it like so (with X being whatever ended up there):
    BBBRRR
    RRRBBB
    RDDDDR
    DBBXXX
    RRRRXX

Then just as my sweaty palm picked up the dark orb with my stylus, I swear I had an anxiety attack and panicked and just as I got the top blue combo set, I swooped down too far and f***ed it all up to hell in a hand basket. :hungover:

I think I need to take the rest of the night off. My heart rate is still up from this stupid FL6 f***ing mechanics bulls***. It's time to open one of my bottles of red wine...

[​IMG]

sgt502 likes this.
  17. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I really wanted to do this with a Fenrir and tried a few times with rainbow Fenrir x Diablos but I couldn't generate enough damage on Cu Chulainn and Siegfried.

Switched to Anublos and fls 2 and 3 were still the toughest (died a couple times until I added a physical killer to Sheena), but no-stoned it on my last run for the night.

Attached Files:

Vaedriel likes this.
  18. KeViN

KeViN Well-Known Member

User ID:
    And I'm done. I think C6 was the hardest for me. Cleared everything with DAthena except C7 where I used Minerva/Ilm. Summer Claire still putting in work :)

Vaedriel and Snarf like this.
  19. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Both accepted :)

Vaedriel likes this.
  20. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Stuck on 9 for the last couple days those poision skyfalls are just too much...
    The biggest problem is that i have no more gold for inherits...

Vaedriel likes this.