Cloud City's Scarlet Blaze results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by sgt502, Oct 23, 2017.

1. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    Saw someone who cleared all of them with Fenrir. This is annihilation level content, it requires creativity, skill, and a decent box. What do you want, do you want the hardest content in the game to be easy?

@KeViN cleared them all with Dathena...who is farmable. So Im not sure what you are talking about by walling accounts.

Xayvin likes this.
  2. Memememememe

Memememememe hi

Finished the last 2 with Anubis/diablos. 10 was way easier than 9. Cleared it on my first run. 9 took a couple of tires. I had reached the point where I was just gona run Hel cuz I couldn't take the poison skyfall anymore when I beat it.

3. bp1976

User ID:
    That would have been hel-a-creative! Use the bitch's poison against her!

4. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Jordan also won 6 championships. Avg player with the average box is going to get walled by the different strategies needed. Kevin could be really good or stoned through it.

5. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I like how these dungeons encourage creative team-building. I'm especially pleased with my C6 team.

I wanted to run a Viz team with 30x godkiller Viz for the high-HP boss with lots of locked orbs, but Viz is terrible on first-turn Sopdet. So I brought Rathian (first time using him ever maybe?) for the delay + poison and just chained delays until the poison killed Sopdet.

...I was gonna post pictures, but I just discovered I need to find a new image-hosting service. Excellent. Is imgur still working for people?

Anyway, I did C6 with Viz, C7 with Anubis/Diablos, C8 with Skuld/Julie, and C9 with Ameno. I'll work on C10 this weekend.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Vaedriel likes this.
  6. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    to be fair to @CloudnineXXX sentiment though, just because someone can clear with fenrir doesnt mean that's really a viable strategy. im not saying its not, but you'd have make sure to differentiate when someone clears and when someone is essentially just a tier above every to the point that the leads mostly dont matter. I just hesitate to conflate "one person cleared x dungeon with x lead" with "this lead is totally viable for x content and if you have this lead, you shouldnt be able to complain about a dungeon's difficulty".

as far as the D athena. sure, SHE'S farmable. but were the inherits and subs farmable? I dont think its fair to say that these challenges walled you off based off leads. but one could argue that the wide ranging amounts of utility you need to clear some of these in a non RNG dependent fashion could "wall" you off. I wont make that argument, as a mostly non IAP player (only time i ever spent money on stones was for FF, and the only card i got that was in any way integral to a build for this was yuna. the rest were stuff i earned through non iap stones) i was able to successfully team build and stuff my team with the proper actives to get through. but its possible you dont have the right cards. and i think there may be some merit, in theory, to the argument that these dungeons require so much wide ranging utility, especially floor 6 and 9, that you could "wall off" some players who just havent been lucky pulling certain cards. as a caveat, i think i've been EXTREMELY lucky with my non iap pulls if you look at where my box is, compared to some other people here.

i'd also argue that the difficulty scaling is off. it seems most people agreed that C6 was the worst. why is that? c6 should never be the roadblock in a 10 floor challenge, imo. that i think is part of the problem. C6 is disproportionately difficult compared to the rest of the dungeons and it clouds the view you'd have on the rest of them.

7. KeViN

KeViN Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Lol Im not that good but I 0 stoned the entire challenge. Like BP1976 said I had to get creative with my subs/assists. The cookie cutter DAthena team wasn't enough.

8. bp1976

User ID:
    I understand what you guys are saying. I do. But this is clearly Annihilation level content. This stuff isnt meant to be cleared by the "average player with the average box". That is literally the point of annihilation tier content. Either practice and git gud, or open up the wallet. Or both. If everything in the game was easy there would be nothing to aspire towards. The fact that people can and have cleared this without having every SS tier lead and sub in the game means that it isnt "walled off". If you arent good enough to beat it yet with your current box, either upgrade your skills or upgrade your box, or dont clear it. But dont say its unfair. It isnt. If you NEEDED to clear it to progress in the game, sure, it would be unfair. But you dont need it, or anything in this game. There is no beating PAD.

For example, the white snek dungeon was beyond my skill level. I wouldnt consider it "walled off". I just dont have the patience to plan out a board for hours, and I dont have the skill to do it quickly like someone Reco or Yuki. Its okay, I survived. Im not going to come on the forum and complain about it being "walled off". If people can clear it with Fenrir and Dathena, Im pretty sure that it isnt "walled off".

CloudStrife likes this.
  9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have Fenrir, use it to overwrite poison skyfall. Works for me.

Vaedriel likes this.
  10. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    im not talking about the leads. these dungeons required a pretty widespread breadth of utility. i can totally buy the argument that someone couldnt build a functional team for their leads to counter all the dungeon mechanics.

and yeah, everything takes time to progress to a point, but i do think its noteworthy that you can never get this chance back. its a one time deal. no one "needs" this but the fact that its a one time only deal is something worth noting.

11. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah just farmed some gold and slapped fenrir on diao chan should make it easier to survive

12. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    It’s not that big of a deal if you can’t clear the last few. It’s a couple stones and the mask. It looks like we are getting a shot at a mask a couple times a month now. Eventually you’ll have more masks than you know what to do with.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  13. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @MisterDrgn I use Imgur exclusively, I love it. Also, can you tell which subs (and inherents) you put on your C6 team? I've hit on wall on C6 with Dath and would like try other team ideas. My Main has Viz while my Alt has Fenir.

@BurningMan I ran out of gold this week too. All the team and inherent changes for C6 ran me dry... gonna farm up my stash again today and try to kick C6 in the @$$

PSA: For the record I like this challenge. Do I get frustrated with it? Yes.

Does that make me want to quit the game? No.

I like that I have a problem to solve. When I post my failures to clear s*** like this, it is just me venting and trouble shooting. I really love that the members of the forum post their successes and struggles because I can identify with or learn from them.

Much love to all of you!

sgt502 likes this.
  14. bp1976

User ID:
    Other than pixels and FUA, all of the utility you speak of is technically farmable. (And if you have been playing long enough to think you should be challenging annihilation tier content and dont have a single FUA, well, you just have horrible luck. Better work on your damage control :p)There are farmable gemstones, delays, spikes, shields, etc. These are annihilation dungeons, they are meant to be cleared by people who are adept at teambuilding, strategy, and matching.

I dont like to be argumentative, but there are tons of "One shot deals". I didnt do the first 5 ranking dungeons when I started playing because I wasnt good enough to clear them yet. Thats my fault, if I wanted to practice and get better, maybe I could have cleared them. As a consequence, I had to wait until way after everyone else had the SBR badge to get mine. For the longest time I couldnt clear anything in the challenge dungeons above level 5 or 6. Oh well, I wasnt good enough yet.

I hate to say it this way, but this isnt a game that gives out participation trophies. I didnt get any when I first started, so why should players get them now? GH gives out plenty of free stuff for a F2P game.

sgt502 and CloudStrife like this.
  15. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    A. Not complaining. Pointing out an observation. These set of dungeons have required more box diversity than any set in recent memory.
    B. Cleared it without continuing so still not complaining.
    C. It's annihilation. It's meant to wall off majority of players. Majority of players cant 0 continue clear this and that's intended.

Edit: i think your definition of wall is different from mine. I'm saying this set of dungeons requires a diverse box/skill that most players don't have.

bp1976 likes this.
  16. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    My C6 subs were Rathian, Dathena, Ilm, Light Jorm. Orochi inherited on Viz. I popped Rathian on the first turn and chained three delays for the 10 turns it took Rathian’s poison to kill Sopdet.

The boss is a pain with all those locked orbs, but Viz (with god killer latents) on his own hit her for 188 mil off 11 light orbs.

Vaedriel and bp1976 like this.
  17. bp1976

User ID:
    Exactly :D

Using the word wall in a F2P game sounds too much like paywall. And when people use that word, they are usually complaining. Sorry I misundersood.

18. bp1976

User ID:
    I used Viz for C6 too, sooooo much fun!!!!

MisterDrgn likes this.
  19. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    everything in this game is a participation trophy. its non competitive.

and again, i wasnt arguing that you're wrong. I dont care if 80% of the game doesnt clear this. im just saying that i can see the point on the other side, and that it's a valid perspective. there's no right or wrong here. im just saying that there is some type of logic to be found in the argument against yours. im not saying it should be easier or less demanding of a box. just that to argue that this particular challenge is much more intensive on box development and team building isn't really a "wrong" idea. it is. that's by design. and that's fine. but it is "walling off" part of the game, inherently (again, by design.).

bp1976 likes this.
  20. bp1976

User ID:
    Thats pretty sweet! I have a different setup, I dont have godkillers on the lead Viz, so matching lights without jammers actually stays under on sopdet.