Cloud City's Scarlet Blaze results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by sgt502, Oct 23, 2017.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I like the creative problem-solving that these dungeons encourage. Plus it's nice that they're all 50 stamina only, so trying things out feels less risky.

Rathian was cool because I think I never used him before. I hypered several Monster Hunter collab monsters that are super niche, so it's nice to have an excuse to play with one.

bp1976 likes this.
  2. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

I've been lurking since the cloud city dungeon as I had some trouble on floor 4 and I went looking for ideas and found this thread.

I'm a non Iap, 556 days in (no crowns or anything as I'm ok). I agree that these 10 levels were hard but the white snake was the worst so far, my friend dumped so many stones and then couldn't get past level 10. It was pretty funny when I showed him my white snake from the recent one shot.

I find it interesting that most people find floor 6 the hardest. Because of my box I found it one of the easiest (I thought as a non-iap I've been unlucky), easier than the no leader level 4 (Used a blue TPA team and wasn't so hard). My wife plays also (963 days in) though but has lost interest since the power creep (7 months ago?) so I've been using her account for co-op with mine (thank you GH for the blue hunter).

With her account though I died 13 times on level 6 with the same leader (dath) but non ideal subs/inherits.

My account
    Floor 6: Dath/sima yee/Revo haku/Revo Haku (facet)/Ryune (balboa). Was no problem. 1st try
    Wife's account
    Floor 6: Dath/Revo Hades (ma chao)/Lumiel (lu bu)/Revo Haku/Revo Persephone (balboa) for the life of me I could not get even to metatron as hamal would kill me. All assists were needed for meta and I would get board trolled everytime on hamal to the point where I finally spent a stone (as a non IAP it takes a lot for me to spend a stone on a dungeon) to finish off hamal and finally made it to meta and use mao choa and then lu bu and then haku.....only to get 6 dark and it wasn't enough to kill her ( I only got 6 combos also). Very frustrating. So I made a scheat team for fun and walked it first time. volsung even helped with blue locked orbs! Shows there is more than one way to skin a cat!

7-8-9 were easy. For 7 I had an elaborate stupid setup involving grodin/ame, 5 gravity assists and a trailo for 20% max life dmg assist. I even used the gravities for the 2nd floor guy because I had no green pingers. I grav'd minerva until <3% or something and hit her slowly for 5-20k each round just so I could one shot the final boss because he does multiple hits and would kill me haha. No stoned though. Mel and diablos made it easy on my wife's account.

I know some people said the dungeon is diverse but I found floor 10 to be not fun or diverse. Nearly everyone used anublos except for the few dual dark fenrir (I really regret selling mine to get dath because I probably won't get another) and someone said the used dath (I would like to know the setup and if stones were used for that one). I don't like when a dungeon is pretty limited to one team. I used anubis (+120), skuld, B/L Viz, nohime, beach tachibana, diablos and stoned once halfway through but really I could have just done it again as I one shotted the 3 before hand. These dungeons were probably very hard for non IAP with smaller box sizes and limited utility assists. I had 181k money on my 10FL clear last night lol. I think 10 would have been fun with no light as it would stop yog stomp but give players more options instead of just anublos for the most part.

I still have 9-10 to beat on my wife's account but meri should work for 9 and she has anubis for 10.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  3. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

The RNG owed me a good board on my 12th attempt:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So 1 TPA and 5 combos with Facet burst definitely works.

And just cleared it on my Alt w/Diena inherent:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It feels really awesome to clear FL6 after so many fails. On to 7th Floor...

4. Expagel

Expagel Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    FWIW, as an average player that rarely clears any annihilation content, I would be much less frustrated with the set if C6 was actually C8, and 7 and 8 were bumped down a level each, or I wasn't locked out of 7 and 8 without having to clear 6 and its plethora of BS mechanics. I may never get a tri-color mask because C10s are almost always beyond my skill level, but I'd at least like access to the content I can clear.

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Niiice... so, brute force after all :D
    F7, F8 and maybe F10 is so much easier than F6.

Vaedriel likes this.
  6. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Okay, first experiment using imgur 'cuz photobucket sucks.

I loaded Physical Killers on Pixel Noctis for C10 but played it safe and ground Athena below 50%. Hopefully the Noctis will be useful for sniping Physical stuff in the future.

C10C9C8C7C6
    The Anubis/Diablos clears say something about the power of that team, since I consider myself a middling combo-er at best. But most dungeons took multiple tries.

I think Skuld/Julie on C8 was a first-try clear, but there were some lucky skyfalls on the boss.

Vaedriel likes this.
  7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    People using Diablos because of easier combo and skyfall on bigger board, and also for his shield upon activation. Honestly dual Anubis packs tons more punch but some preemptives will wipe that team out without shield. Same thing with anything combo-related paired with Diablos (Sakuya, Ctugha, Yuna, Bastet etc). Shows how good a 7c, 3500+ ATK, dual TE, 25% true gravity, 25% shield upon activation and bigger board cards is.

8. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One tip for C7: Use Mel/Diablos lead :D Works great!
    Mel lead gives you 3 extra second of orb move time... -- Screw the non awoken skill stuff :p

Currently at C10 (havent tried).

And yeah... C6 was the worst BY FAR....
    I literally spent 2 days worth of stam on it... :( To the point that I regretted for a while not having stone it when died with DAth on Hamal at low life... :(
    Ended up clearing C6 with Meri.

9. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I saw a video of a clear with those two, I may try that since both of my accounts have Mel.

Well, now that you mention it... can we talk about C7?

What if my Main has no low CD laser like Jize? I never pulled him. What are my other options? I have 3-4 lasers that are 7-8 CD (no pixel ults either). I watch a YT video where a guy didn't have one and he just combo'd like a MF'er with Anublos. Yikes! I am a very green (haha) Anublos player... as in a just started using him 3 days ago. :nailbiting: I tried to "Minerva" it but I don't seem to do much damage. What is the trick with Minerva... is it the subs or the number of combos you do? I've always been at odds with her. Who are the best subs for this C7? High Atk'ers or low CD AS? Need a bind clear for sure and I have RGY.

My alt has Jize but is only skill level two, which I think is turn 6? I need to see if his skill up fodder is available, I guess. I know C7 is doable, just have to maximize my stam versus time left to clear C7-C10 before the tonight. :oops: I wish that I had had more time to work on this challenge, but this past week was the week I had my kids and one of them got sick on Thursday. It would be nice of GH to make these last 2 weeks instead of 1.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The important thing with Minerva is her fire resist so her subs mainly consists of cards with fire resist awakenings and Charit (the blue MP puppeteer girl). First floor is Drall which has fire att so you resist 75% of her damage without awakenings, then you stall until Charité is up, turn him into all fire and grind. Rinse and repeat.

If you don't have Jize or any low CD laser you could stall on Drall to get it up by 2nd floor. I honestly think it'd took highly skill player to combo like mad and brute Force 30M DEF without awakenings (no 7c, no TPA/row etc). Take high RCV team so you can stall indefinitely on 1st floor. New Saria looks okay even without row awakenings. Rodin also good with his massive RCV.

Two important things for F7: laser and bind clear (because Shining dragon Knight will bind your leader).

Many also mentioned using Myr or any leads with time extension built into their LS like Kuvia, Momiji, Mel, Mito etc to ease your combo.

Vaedriel likes this.
  11. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks @sgt502 ! You have always been and continue to be an awesome PAD friend! :D

I hadn't bought any puppets yet, I guess I need to get around to it though, lol. Right now I need to farm the gold dungeon (i'm out of cash) and A1 a few times to refresh stam for the rest of the challenge. I wish the Mech dungeons still had x4 XP up, I got spoiled using them to refresh my stam this week!

At least these types of challenges do show the value of utility cards that I would otherwise have overlooked before.

p.s. I love your Nagel avatar, BTW!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  12. Expagel

Expagel Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't have Minerva, but I do have Ilm, who brings 10x attack and 2.5x recovery. I used that split pairing and 0-stoned it first try, with the 2s badge. If you can heal back before Flare Claw and keep him red, Drall always does another shielded gravity which gives you time to charge skills if necessary, plus F2 you get 3 turns before he nukes you. Brought School Thumbelina as the nuke, but any of the school fairy tale girls will work with a max CD of 4. Rest of the team was L/R Saria, NY Leilan, Tsubaki, but you can bring bind clear for one of those spots, then just whittle away on the last 3 floors as you can, using your fire/light orb changers for kill shots. Minerva gives 50% shield against fire and light attributes so you can stall out most attacks in the dungeon as long as you 4c and heal.

Vaedriel and Snarf like this.
  13. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Thumbs up for using “weird card” like School Thumbelina.

Expagel and Vaedriel like this.
  14. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I only did the free pull for PAD School and neither of my accounts got the fairytale girls from that REM

#Sometimes4*SilversAreGood!

15. Snarf

User ID:
    Drama Club's Heroine Cinderella was my free/only roll lol Trash rolls unite!

16. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

Yea I know why they are using Anublos (or anything using diablos) but if there were a lot of other options they would be popping up without using diablos. Excluding the pros that I guess can nearly walk in there with any team able to tank a hit, I'm assuming, the majority have to use something/diablos unless you want to spend stones. From what I have observed most of the floors had creative teams which was fun but 10 had the same leaders for the majority unless you wanted to spend many stones.
    Diablos + Anubis/sakuya/bastet/yuna/Ctugha... The only people not using Anublos were the ones who didn't have him or wanted to have some fun....while still using diablos (excluding the people who had an awesome fenrir team or apparently dark athena). I was just saying that 10 was the most uninteresting because the leaders were pretty much set for the majority of players.

I finished all the floors with my wife's account. (hyper maxed unless stated otherwise)
    Fl6: Scheat team first run 0 stone (first run with scheat, died 13 times before hand using a terrible dath team lol)
    Fl7:Mel/Diablos, couldn't stall so I went in to spend one stone on level 2 and clear and it worked
    Fl8: Meri sweep
    Fl9: Dath, spent 1 stone because I forgot to throw up my shield and I was too lazy to do it over
    Fl10: Anublos. Anubis +3 (Zuoh)/ Sheena +7 (revo hades)/ Revo haku (Zuoh)/ Ana Typhon (lu bu)/ Sherias roots (maeda keiji). Died with athena at 15% because I had no hearts on the board so I spent a stone and then killed her. One shotted the first 3 floors to boot.

I know I got better at combos because I didn't miss a single shield activation and I had 9s move item where as my main has 12.26s and I missed a few. Feels good.

17. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For this challenge and Floor, puppet is dead weight. Just go slow to get some turns in and blow up after he gives you a ton of red orbs if there is light on the board. Everything else you take 75% less damage from anyways.

18. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    do you have a gunma?

19. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lost of F3 of C10... don't get it... I did *NOT* do any combos.... (i.e: I kept him at 100% HP) and yet, on the 4th turn he killed me.
    Any idea why?

20. Snarf

User ID:
    Doesn’t he do a 500% gravity at full health?