Considering trading for Karin and input would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Tek7, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First things first, here's my NA main account monster box: https://imgur.com/a/qBCU3Zy

Next, some key information:

I've cleared all available NA content and do not plan to attempt AA3 immediately on its release (but I'd like to clear it eventually). I've been farming A3 with an Akine team for fun (and the killer latents are nice, too).

I traded for ZKitty during the Hello Kitty collab. This is my go-to team for any dungeon with a boss with a combo shield + damage void or resolve + damage void.

I have several other strong leads as well: B&J, Akine, Lightning, DMeta, DZeta, Skuld, and more.

I have some excellent light subs: HCotton (and Cecil for an unbindable equip assist if I choose that form), Kanan, Ilm, Sakuya (though I haven't invested the time and effort in to evolving her to her Super Revo form yet), Kio, Ciel, Viz, Erika, Saline, and more. I also have VNey.

I do not have BZela, LNey, LCotton (though I could switch my DCotton to light form), NY Yomi, BPanera, Gudetama, or other top-tier DKarin subs.

I have played and enjoyed playing light row and match-5 (Scheat x Madoo) teams.

I have Tifa on my NA alt, though I prefer 6x5 board gameplay over 7x6.

Okay, now on to the potential trade fodder:

Ameno #4, Raizer #3, Cian #2, Cian #3, Orage #2

If I'm understanding correctly, the GungHo collab REM pulls I listed are only valid trade fodder for this monster exchange.

I'm not seeing significant value in Cian and Orage dupes, but if anyone could make a case for either, I could consider trading 2 Ameno dupes (which would still leave me 2) and keep either an extra Cian or an extra Orage.

I've already given this trade a lot of thought and I'm leaning toward trading, but I'd greatly appreciate any input that experienced players can provide!

2. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DKarin/Tifa is a killer pairing. It's probably my strongest team and I don't even have BZela. Having said that, you can also pair Tifa with demon Yusuke if you have him. I would definitely make the trade if you don't. Otherwise I would probably make it anyway given that it's almost a free trade if you have dupes of some of the other GH 7*'s.

3. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would perso trade. I got lucky and pulled Karin last time the collab was around; I was able to test her strength, she's def my strongest leader.
    Amongst the lead you mention and I owned, I would say:
    For me: DKarin is stronger than BJ, Lightning, DMeta, DZeta, Skuld.
    The pairing DKarin / Tifa as mentioned by sl946 is indeed really good.

I would keep two Cian, I really enjoy her playstyle, and she's a really good sub for herself.
    You can also keep all 3 if you wanna use yourself as a friend leader (it's hard for me to find Cian player).
    I would only keep 1 Raizer, you don't really need 2 (well unless you need a Raizer friend leader.

I think I would trade with: Ameno #4, Raizer #2, Raizer #3, Cian #3, Orage #2 instead.

BurningMan likes this.
  4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I PULLED KARIN FROM THE GUNGHO COLLAB REM EARLIER TODAY

[​IMG]

SO EXCITED

I've wanted to pull her since she debuted, even before she got her dark ult.

Back on the topic of trading:

So now I'm considering trading for something else.

Available GH collab fodder:

Raizer #3
    Cian #2
    Cian #3
    Orage #2
    Orage #3

And for specific monsters:

Ameno #4 for Omega

Scheat #3, Scheat #4, Escha #3, Escha #4, and Escha #5 for Luluna

Gronia #3, Gronia #4, and Ameno #4 for Kisaragi

DMeta #3 for Zeta #2

I don't really have the subs for DOmega (though I wish I did; <50% teams are all the rage right now!), I can't justify trading 5 fodder monsters for an (admittedly AMAZING) active in DLuluna, I have Bradamante and Kio to cover VDP needs for my upcoming DKarin team so I don't know if I can justify the cost for Kisaragi, and I don't like HP conditional leads enough to trade for a dupe Zeta (even if he would make the team significantly stronger).

If I was to trade for anything, I'd likely trade for Kisaragi.

I pulled Luluna on my alt, so I'll probably evolve her to her dark form and run her as a sub on my ZKitty team in co-op with my main.

I'm also considering evolving Raizer #3 to dark form and throwing him on a low CD light monster (Viz? Aerith?) as my Fujin solution for my DKarin and Lightning teams.

In the end, I probably won't trade, but I don't know what I'm going to do with Cian #2 and #3 and Orage #2 and #3. Keep them as fodder and wait for a GH collab rerun?

/shrug

MisterDrgn likes this.
  5. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm kind of facing the same dilemma (in another thread).
    I too have Kio and Bradamante, and I dont think Kisaragi is better than either of those two.

Kio is an amazing sub on 6x5 board which you can easily inherit a strong active over (3 turn CD) which I found is a downside of Kisaragi.
    Bradamante is gonna be better than the other two on 7x6 board.

Tek7 likes this.