Considering trading toward NY Yomi and would love advice

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Noc, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi everyone,

I've had my eye on New Years Yomi since before this REM got here. Unfortunately, the available trades in the trading post are not as compatible with my box as I had hoped. The main reason why I want Yomi is because of the combination of multiple ways to increase time (2 seconds worth of TEs and the time boosting active) and the solid offensive awakenings. I'm not the fastest when it comes to orb manipulation, so a lot of my teams end up including cards like Revo Raph or Fujin specifically to buy myself a little bit more time. Having Yomi for my DMeta team or any other team without time built into the leader skill would be a game-changer for me.

The trading post situation: I have the following options to trade toward yomi: Fire Kami x1, 3x Dmeta (I have 0 issues letting one go), 2x kaede, 1x kanna, 2x viz, 2x fujin, 2x raijin, 2x skuld, 1x yog, 1x morrigu. I don't care for fire Kami (high hp lead with super fua and fire rows), but trading away a seasonal card that can be traded toward 10 stone rems seems questionable. And none of my dupes have mega evos yet, so they might turn out to work well in systems or other scenarios. I'm also considering trading Yog, since I hate his art, don't care for high hp leads and have 4 kamis (that I can't trade toward yomi), but he also doesn't have a mega evo.

Thoughts on how to proceed from here?

2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Honestly I don't think you have enough dupes for this trade. You will likely regret it. Regular Yomi is not that much worse and also has 4 fingers. He can get a 7c SA. NY Yomi is a luxury sub. But honestly somewhat mediocre at that. Most super top tier teams don't use her. And you shouldn't use the monster exchange unless you are getting something top tier in return.

Do what you will but put my vote down as this being a bad idea.

Noc likes this.
  3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Use the time extend badge and some TE latents or equips if you have to. There's about 8-10 equips with TE and some are easily accessible. That's a lot to trade for a little bit of move time. I'd even go so far as to force yourself to play without any TE crutches and just work on getting faster at making matches. Otherwise, you're going to be stuck in this position in the future as teams change and Yomi isn't a sub option.

Noc likes this.
  4. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Funny, I was about to make my own thread about possibly trading for NY Yomi. Seems like she's a substantially better TE stick than regular Yomi because you get double 7c along with an unbindable SA.

Also, I've always been a so-so matcher, so I'm not embarrassed to admit I'll take as much TE as I can. I've been running Revo Raph on my recently re-energized Yusuke team, and NY Yomi would provide a lot of advantages, at the cost of losing a pretty powerful shield.

@Noc It seems like you could get her without sacrificing anything you particularly need. The downside is that you'll be worse off trading for stuff in the future, so I think it's a question of whether something you'll want more is likely to come around. If you go for it, I'd trade something like DMeta, Kaede, Fujin, Raijin. Maybe Skuld, but after the mega evos come out, I bet a dupe Skuld is more likely to be useful than those others.

...not saying you should definitely go for it. In the end, she probably isn't a massive improvement over what you have now. (Do you have a regular Yomi?)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  5. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    @MisterDrgn Unfortunately, I don't have Yomi on my main. And my only options that add more than a second are Fujin and Raph. I was able to scrape together enough rainbow badges to get a Honoka Shindou on each of my accounts, so I have some options for assists. In practice, I still can't, for example, land a FUA and 7c on DMeta. I am slowly improving, but I'm not even remotely close to being able to handle a 7c lead without time built into the leader skill and optimal subs. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to see the new evos from the upcoming PAD anniversary before the New Years REM ends, so I have to decide while blind.

6. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah I understand. FUA + 7c is a pain. I need to practice that also, but in the meantime Yomi is pretty appealing.

I do think Revo Raph is strong. He's one reason I'm not sure about exchanging for Yomi. But of course Yomi provides more firepower.

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Get one or two Enoch as an assist to help you with move time. 35% shield and 1.5x move time for 3 turns is great. You could put her on something with low CD such as Rushana or Revo Isis.

8. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    I'll definitely give Enoch assists a shot. And i just remembered I also have a pair of fenrir viz. While I still think gungho will eventually figure out a way to make a compelling jammer lead, I'm fine sitting it out since comboing is plenty challenging with 6 orb types. If I trade it would be viz, dmeta, kaede, ???? I'm leaning against sacrificing a fujin because of her TEs and I have a soft spot for her sister as a lead, so it'll be one of the other options. I'll wait until the last day before deciding whether or not to trade to give gungho as long as possible to release new evos.

9. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I used to love viz. Double god killer, and it can take god killer latents, giving it 30x damage to gods. The LS worked pretty well, too, because Viz's active is on a 3-turn CD, and it gives you all the jammers you need. The main problem was finding viable subs. I ended up making three of this guy because he was pretty great: . But that was about it.

Anyway, I doubt anyone will run Viz again (until his mega evo comes out), but I'd still consider bringing him as a sub if I needed to kill some gods. His 3-turn CD is also great for inheriting.

10. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Viz is a pretty common site on every Light team I run. You just dump whatever active you need on him, his stats+awakenings are just too good (God Killer evo).

On Topic, while Ive whaled for NY Yomi other years, and their buffs have kept them relevant, and as a sub I use regular Yomi and NY Yomi is simply the same thing, just better... I'd still recommend against it unless its that one card you need to make a team.

She does a bunch of things pretty well, movetime debuff clear, boost, L-unlock (dont underestimate have 1 on the team), alt-awoken bind clear, on a card that does good damage AND is a Finger stick is pretty good. I just suspect like other awesome cards, it'll just be a placeholder until you get something better on every team you use it.

Though im doing a good job talking myself into trading...

MisterDrgn likes this.