Convince me (or unconvince me) to make MP Purchase(s)

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by MagicMatcher, Dec 17, 2016.

1. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

PADherder:
    link
    So I'm sitting at 820k+ MP and I'm torn debating whether to buy Ragdra, Yomidra, both, or neither. Here are my thoughts:

Ragdra - Well he's Ragdra. Can use him in my wood teams (Bacetet, Kushi, Kaede, Parv, Vishnu, etc) and in color teams like Roots or Hathor x Ronove (where is my own Ronove rip). Don't know how much I'll use him however. I already have a board changer for wood in Verdandi and I don't play wood a whole bunch anyways. In terms of full board change, I already have 2 Roots, Maeda, LKalis, etc.

Yomidra - I have few unbindable dark cards and very few heart makers (Lumiel with Sleeping Beauty inherited is what I'll do otherwise rip), so I'm considering Yomidra for my teams such as DKanna. I don't play dark very much either. She'd be a fun leader though.

Both - they'd both be useful somehow in some way. Maybe.

Neither - what if some card that I really want comes out in between? What if I never use the purchase? More the first issue than the second issue though. I suppose I could buy one for now and buy the other once I rack up more MP however. Which first though? xD

Thanks in advance for your input.

2. HellWaltZ

HellWaltZ Active Member

User ID:
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻ : 227,196,931
    You answered your own question. If you don't use Wood/Dark much and they don't seem to be going to be mained for the forseeable future it isn't worth the investment. Take it from someone who spent 900K MP on Orchid and she is sitting in my box after a week of play.

With the MPDra getting Uvos, the Gentle(wo)men series will be getting the same treatment soon. Plus 500K Mp units open up the next tier of Seasonal Units so maybe waifu later.

You better off saving then wasting and then regretting especially if you noniap.

MagicMatcher likes this.
  3. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    But what if she hit's MP cap and there's nothing good in the shop :p

MagicMatcher likes this.
  4. HellWaltZ

HellWaltZ Active Member

User ID:
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻ : 227,196,931
    Then ONLY AT THAT POINT go spend your hearts out lol.

If you want a break down on the two I would def go with Yomidra over Ragdra mainly due to the utility. It was already stated that there are plenty of board changed in the box and lack there of dark utility.

MagicMatcher likes this.
  5. ChronoM

ChronoM 「天地創造」

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    To me it sounds like you totally should get Yomidra.
    Ragdra maybe once you realized the awesomeness that is Ronove ;)

MagicMatcher likes this.
  6. AMDZen

AMDZen ZeN@PF ¥ Baby ZuOh

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    RagDrag is a card everyone should have in my opinion. I do not know how quickly you generate mp but for me, having 820 means I would be very close to the cap in a month when something new might be available. If your thinking is that you need or want to buy something now, then I say do it. The other option is chronia who is crazy amazing despite what some around here think, she is a very good card in red coop teams. Acc, Krishna, Anima, mzeus, just to name a few.

Then there is MAthena who you will want to have RagDrag for if you ever get her.

Yomigon is OK. Simply OK. She was OK back in the day, and she will be ok upon evo. Will beat a1 a little easier but she doesn't really change much from what she was. Which again is, OK. Radra become much better than he was. The even Shivagon became much different with focus on tpas and the cards that got God typing back in red from Revos. Yomigon hasn't earned nearly as much love from the newest cards but that could change. And it can change quickly.

For now there are two groups of players you can put yourself in. Group A is not yet beating all of the most difficult content in the game. Group B is. Group B means you already have mathena, or working to get her ASAP. Which means you need a RagDrag. Group A means you are still running arena 1 with some difficulty and yomigon can help with that, but only short term. Just depends on where you are and where you want to be. Then there is a group c of course where chronia would actually be the best of the three purchase wise, because she can help you get through even more difficult content such as sudr and mech farming. It's clear you are group A, but I don't know how close you are to B or how much you will want to push to get to b.

MagicMatcher likes this.
  7. MagicMatcher

PADherder:
    link
    I've already cleared everything in the game at least once other than team challenges. I have Mathena but don't plan on using her now or in the future as a lead.

I definitely won't get Christmas Sonia because I will have absolutely no use for her. No ACC, Krishna, Anima, etc.

Since I'm pretty much done with what I want to do, I'm mostly just trying to figure out which purchase would be most fun and would benefit my teams the most. Ragdrag would provide some nice offense to the teams that use him, while Yomidrag would be more defensive I guess. Yomidrag would be fun, but like you said, she's simply okay.

8. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

Another vote for neither.

For arena 1 farming, especially in solo, I think the top 3 teams that absolutely trivialize it is: Yomidra x Yomidra, Nepdra x Meridionalis and Minerva x Ilm. You have Nepdra and Minerva already so I think you're set for arena 1 farming, hence Yomidra is not that necessary.

Ragdra is getting less relevant in the latest meta because 1) the above mentioned leads can speed farm arena 1 solo, so while Mathena team is great, it's quite expensive to build and not that useful for much else; 2) GH pushing arena 3 with the new latents, and Heradra roaming the new one shot challenges. The latter is very harsh for Ragdra, as using Ragdra on any team is instant failure against Heradra.

LazarusPD and MagicMatcher like this.
  9. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    Question: how to Sopdet with Minerva x Ilm in A1?

10. MagicMatcher

PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for everyone's insight. So I thought about it some more, and I know I'll have to get something, otherwise I'll go paranoid over capping out on MP LOL. MP is fairly easy and fast to acquire for me now anyways, so might as well.

After some of the things said here, I'm thinking Yomidra might not be the best purchase. The only team I'd use her on atm would be DKanna LOL. And I only use DKanna in easy dungeons for fun farming, wouldn't use her or Yomidra for Arena. Besides, if a dungeon pops up that requires unbind/healing, I have other teams that can tackle them.

Ragdra might not be useful, but I feel like I'd have a lot of fun with him. Color leads are my favorite play style so he'd definitely have a home. I love playing Bacetet/Kushi/Vishnu too, so I'll probably gonna end up getting Ragdrag.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  11. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

3 fire 3 light and off colour combos. Don't bring any god killer on the team.

Edit: just tested, 3 fire 3 light and 6 combos in total Minerva deals 150k damage. Should be very consistent if you don't get any fire or light skyfall combos :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    LazarusPD likes this.
  12. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    You can also just match only fire, not light, and keep something like godkiller anatares under cap in 150-180k range with the killer applied, but you'll want a solid delay inherit along for extra time for that chip style.

I agree it's easier to avoid godkiller base cards, but it's optional, rather than mandatory.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  13. David@PF

David@PF Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Available Upon Request
    IMHO I don't like Yomidra's evo's art.

Done.

MagicMatcher likes this.
  14. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link