Cotton seriously????? :-(

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kandjar, May 3, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Voting results came out..
    Cotton won.... :(

Come on guys!!!!
    She was already available last year!!! Did you really needed to vote for her a second time?

She's really good alright, but diversity? No? Alternate choices?
    Oh well... I guess I won't be spending jewel this time around, so I guess I'm gonna buy a second Odysseus; I was already debating about it.

Freddy likes this.
  2. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

I like Cotton. I want all Cottons. I collect Cottons. ALL COTTONS ARE GOOD COTTONS NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON COTTON

xer 21 likes this.
  3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    She was available last year at a very costly 1 million MP and is STILL the most versatile monster NA has. Now she is available for rainbow medals and people have been dying for a monster to use them on.

She was the best choice last time and this time.

BonerChamp69 likes this.
  4. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    For those with multiple Cotton, what colors do you have? I have dark cotton and may get the survey cotton though not sure what color I need. I have 38 medals. Have not used a single one.

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was hoping for Zela because she's so versatile and covers all useful awakenings. Oh well, gonna make Light Cotton for CIEL then.

kandjar likes this.
  6. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i have R cotton, G Cotton, and a base form waiting to become L Cotton. ill buy one of these amd make a D Cotton for sure.

Bolts likes this.
  7. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    I have a base Cotton for Yusuke and nudist beach and a dark cotton evolved this week for fatalis/typhoon.
    Really a disappointing result but it's obvious that you shouldn't expect nothing from NA, i bet they're going to ask for 5 medals just to be on parity with jp.
    Any 7* would have been more worth if not to use it at least as trading fodder, i'm definitely not trading if they ask for the full price, heck i might not trade even if it cost 4.

kandjar likes this.
  8. ko300zx

User ID:
    I don't see how Zela is at all versatile. She's pretty much restricted to mono green teams and we don't even have a good lead to use her with right now. Raizer and Bastet will be about the only place she's useful but we don't even have those and neither are strong enough to make Zela the winner of the vote just for those teams. Her active is incredibly long (16 turns) so she's pretty awful if you just want to use her as a base for an inherit on a rainbow team just as a damage dealer. They have almost the exact same awakenings minus the extra 7c but that doesn't make her any more versatile.

Cotton on the other hand can be used on nearly any team given all her color options. Even if you make one color now, and something incredibly strong comes out later you can swap to a different color. Zela is useless without a green focused team. Cotton also works better on rainbow teams even if her active breaks activation just because it is so short. You can inherit a rainbow board change like Raijin over Cotton (13 total CD) and still have a shorter total CD than Zela (16).

I have Zela and she sits and rots in my box. She has absolutely zero uses right now for NA. I don't see where people think she can be used or why people think that because JP voted for something, we should do the same. Not saying you said that but I see it everywhere. Is there some lead I'm missing?

What did you expect? The people voting for something to use as trade fodder make up a very small minority of players. Most people don't have endless options and are voting for something they want and can use.

9. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm selfishly disappointed, but I do think it was the best choice. I have 2 Cottons and only use 1 anyway, so I don't need a third (I will trade for it for trade fodder or just in case). I'd have liked a Zela for the upcoming green leads, particularly Bastet, who has a lot of nostalgia value for me. But Cotton is so versatile that I do think she has the best chance of being useful for the widest demographic.

10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Zela as a lead is pretty strong. Very similar to Hiei with more useful active.

Guile (both form), NY Artemis, Wonder Woman, Revo Ishida Mitsunari, Leafa. All could use her.

Edit: Almost forgot, Mega Sylvie.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  11. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Zela is strongest when she has dupes, and no one really runs any of those other leads except guile.

which is the problem, id love to run Leafa (with my Zela!) except no one runs her.

12. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Yeah I have 4 Cotton's and am excited to get the dark one. I've found every color useful so far so I feel no guilt. I have 4 Zelas. I have used cotton far more than Zela and if you already have 1 or 2 Cotton's chances are you can find a use for another one. #dicksoutforcotton

Oh and since they turned Evo Mats into gems she is not that hard to change evos for.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    ko300zx likes this.
  13. ko300zx

User ID:
    But can't cotton be run on all of those teams as well (in addition to all the others of different colors)? And are any of those leads worth voting Zela as the winner over all other choices? I don't see it.

As a lead she is just ok these days but again, not good enough to be part of the voting consideration.

14. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    If it's 4 black medals then I will get her. Will get her either in green or light.

I have two Zelas collecting dust. One evolved, which is super great sub but we don't really have a good green lead here in U.S. I just devolved it so I can use as helper for a row team. Two Mega Sylvie in team. 14 row awakening. It is weaksauce. Fun though. I don't like that the combo orb awakening requires exactly 12 orbs to activate. I was hoping it will save row teams.

15. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    To me she is but then again, I like to try something new and explore every available sub option depends
    on my box. Cotton won't bring anything new to me. I vote Cotton for the first time but I vote for Zela this time around.

All the witches are pretty powerful leader yet somehow people only play either Madoo or Reeche as lead (Veroah when they want to get more drop).

Cotton is good, great even but she's not without flaws. With the exception of DCotton, all other forms only have Light as sub attribute. This could be a disadvantage when building a team. Cotton also doesn't have row (which Zela has in her base form).

Feel free to request Leafa if you want to run her. I have her in both of my account.

16. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Are you actually surprised? What else could possibly have won?

ko300zx and Trap like this.
  17. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I have 6, and will still be trading for one as trade fodder.

Of the 4 I will keep, I one of each evo aside from Blue. I have Amatsu, so I see no reason to make Blue Cotton. Red Cotton was the last one I made, but is currently my most used thanks to Shirou. Dark and Green see a little use here or there. I haven’t used Light in ages. Mainly had her on Yusuke back when he was a thing.

18. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm pretty happy, personally. I'm getting at least one, maybe more depending on how many medals I can get between now and then.

19. ko300zx

User ID:
    I think it's one per person

sgt502 likes this.
  20. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I wish Mega Paimon had won...