Couple questions on ZVerse AS and C9-10

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Marlboro, May 11, 2018.

1. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    If I understand this correctly, ZV active does 35% of Max HP, no matter how much HP the enemy currently has. So 3 of his actives in sequence would do 105%, instantly killing anything regardless of HP. (Obvs excepting things like HighDefense/LowHP, or damage void/absorb).

Why does all the stuff I'm coming across seem to be Zera->Zera->Verse..... wouldn't 3xVerse be way better since he's inheritable? Is it just because Zera is easier to make and skill? Or is that just for Kiri Teams because Zera does auto-heal?

Thinking about this specifically for C10, I think I can pull it off co-op with alt using NY Ama. Easy stalling on Hadar to get the inherits up on my Team 2 (who can make use of their base skills freely up to then), Team 1 does Hadar kill shot.... HepDragon skill delays Team 1, leaving Team 2 undelayed (?). Then Team 2 drops the Verse->Verse->Verse for an instant kill.

Am I missing something there? It's a sizable investment to build three of those, but a guaranteed kill button for stupid high HP stuff seems kinda badass IMHO.

Also re C9, the boss has a pre-emptive that appears to be 'under 15% HP, activate damage void'. Because it's a pre-emptive would this happen mid turn? So if I do 2xVerse, will the void kick in before I can press the third one?

Thanks in advance for helping clear it up!

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    A max-skilled Zera's CD is 23 turns.

A max-skilled Verse's CD is 35 turns.

Stalling to pop a Verse active in co-op is painfully slow. Trust me. I know. I have Kiri on both my accounts.

Ancient tri-god masks still aren't terribly common. Building Zera is a pain in the butt, but the evo materials are easily available every week. The same can't be said of crystal masks.

And yes, autoheals are a huge deal on Kiri teams, so much so that a sub like NY Jeanne, which is usually rubbish and MP fodder, suddenly finds a place on the team.

Also, damage voids and damage absorbs can negate gravity actives depending on the void/absorb threshold and the percentage of the gravity. For example, the sequence for gravity actives in the Kiri build I used for Rikku on both my accounts had to be performed in a precise order. One wrong button press and you just flushed the last hour of your life. (Fortunately, I got the sequence right, but you better believe I quadruple-checked before starting popping actives on that final floor.)

I realize that's an imperfect and incomplete answer to your question, but that may help give you a better idea why Zera is still such a highly desired sub for Blue Cheese builds.

EDIT: Also, dungeons with the No Dupes restriction wouldn't let you run more than 1 Verse.

Marlboro and sgt502 like this.
  3. James1605

James1605 Active Member

I've seen other skills like that (described as a preemptive, but also with a condition) on PADx. I just assume that preemptive is preemptive, but I've never really tried to pay attention and confirm that those skills actually are preempts. So, I assume that Zeus Vulcan is just ignoring damage over 10M from the start (I haven't tried that dungeon yet, so I can't say). I don't know if the conditions (eg. < 15% HP) are just mistakes, or something else. It's possible that the skill will take effect under either condition, so if you actually stall out the 999 turns of the preempt, and then hit Zeus Vulcan under 15%, he'll activate the 10M damage void again. It seems unlikely, but I'm not planning on testing it. :)

Marlboro likes this.
  4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Zeus Vulcan in C9 has a 10M damage void shield from the start. If you're planning to gravity him, you'd need to stall out his void shield.

Marlboro likes this.
  5. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

Verse is eligible for assist, slow, but sometimes efffective.

Absolute gravity doesn’t need to start from 100%, which means Zera is good for the first 45%.

And like other have said, building Verse or Nyx is a pain.

So typically one Zera is good to start. And then ether a second Zera, or anything with 20% true gravity is good enough to go with Verse. No need for a second verse.

Marlboro likes this.
  6. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    awesome thanks all for the answers. i think i'll try it for the memes anyway, and ya given that i'm trying to pull this (at least c10 anyway) with a healer team, the inheritable choice is really my only option. i have a couple blonias on my main so worse comes to worse i can try a solo clear if i run out of time.

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have Clea, you can try this team for C10:

This one is for C9:

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    HappyNoms likes this.
  8. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    That C10 Vishnu fight seems like especially hot garbage, however I thought the c9 composition and positioning was superb. Dovetails perfectly with the water skyfall and locked orbs and so forth.

I guess if you don't have an anti-void for C10 Vishnu you do what you gotta do, but surely there is some other team/lead positioning with a friend with a void inherit.

Thread tangent, the Zeus and Nyx is just skillups. Multiples are a royal pain in the hindquarters. I made a few but never got past fully skilling up the first of each and letting the dupes languish. Zera is good enough. Also, multiple whaledor with inherits, the whaledor have no SBR, so if you are flexing a card slot in Kiri cheese while still being 100, it might as well be a Zera.

9. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    i have a kiri on alt but none on main, i was looking at verse as an inherit for NY Ama coop, which zera doesn't pull off.

as for the blonia videos there.... looking through my blues i think i can do something with dupe blonia, (valentines) karin, sumire......not sure who for last spot.... that sadalmelik cyber dragon maybe. no kiri/ryune or orochi (although i do have z hydra). have a fujin as well so that's covered.

wishing alt had a blonia, it's holding kiri, karin and 2x andro which would be pretty decent for co-op build.

anyway, i farmed up a ton of zeus' last night still gonna go for it. not too worried about skilling those verses.... to me dropping 45 light pii for a potential one-tim experiment not super worth it. i don't mind spending a few (100) turns for my first c10 clear in 2 years.... i'll let y'all know how it goes!!

oh, one last question re that damage void.... i know fujin hadles absorbs.... and 'box' handles void..... is there an active that handles void? if i do go the gravity route for c9 as well, box wont help me.

10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No active skill that erases or penetrates damage void. That's the VDP box awakenings are for.

11. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As mentioned, skilling up the true gravities is a pain, people probably just done one Verse and one Nyx and call it a day as most stuff is cheesable with one or both and Zera for the rest (or some combination of smaller gravities). Also the evo mats, while I guess I'm swimming in tri-god masks I don't feel any need to make more Nyx or Verse.

12. Static

Static Member

I skilled up 2 Verse and 1 Nyx by taking advantage of the guaranteed py invade events we get occasionally.