Current best all-att / rainbow team?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Haku-ku-ku, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Tomorrow's ranking dungeon leads me to wonder : what are the best all-attribute teams in the game? Are they rainbow teams or teams that happen to get full coverage?

For a while I've been getting by with a rainbow Pandora team, but suspect it's terribly outdated. Am thinking of building up Ronove even if I'm missing key subs and the risk of his being outclassed by the time I'm done.

2. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    *Cough*Radra*Cough*. Oh excuse me, I think I had a sun chicken in my throat.

3. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For the ranking dungeons, speed is of the essence, so just go a monochrome color row lead, pop actives every floor, and sweep. A. Pandora should work just fine. Just bring poison for Predra.

philsov and ko300zx like this.
  4. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    Ra dragon indeed is the best rainbow

Second best, and totally biased here, would be sephiroth.

Yuna is a close third for me

5. Patmaster

Patmaster Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sherias Roots? Anyone?

timm likes this.
  6. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I recently got surprised at how easily ShivaDra teams turn into all-color teams. light is a little dodgy but there's so much green and blue sub-attributes that you can cover 4/5 colors without even trying.

7. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

What about... Yuna? =P
    If I had Yuna @ NA, I'd use almost the same team I use at JP. You could active once a floor, so very low to zero chance of troll boards.

(except I used Ace Horus instead Red Kali, A.Tsuku instead Dark Kali and Light Kali instead Blue Kali. haha half team changed, but almost the same... haha)

8. TagLess

TagLess Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just used a bastet team and threw in a chibi lilith to crush that yellow bastard with poison and its easy peasy. Ra dragon is way more powerful but bastet is a close second and a little faster. The sub colors counting make almost any team viable as far as the restrictions go tbh tho. I may try a cecil team next

9. TagLess

TagLess Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The green kills me tho one day ill work on zuoh lol

10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    He's the only good rainbow lead I have, thought I tend to go with mono light dragon team for him.

11. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They're legit rainbow teams. No one naturally gets full color coverage assuming perfect box, unless the LS calls for it.

For me, it's a tossup between Sherias Roots and Ronove, but once Ult Ra Dragon is live he takes the cake. Hathor gets honorable mention, for being a chibi ra dragon, and Horus because chibi roots (flexible LS + RCV boost). Durga may've surpassed Horus, technically.

Buuuut since this is a tournament, there's multiple ways to slice it. Radrag teams have done amazing well in the past. Some players just excel at multiple combos with almost no time lag for thought. Or one can go with a monocolor team which just happens to also be all attribute.

My first go will be with a prismatic Vishnu team, I suspect. Armor shatter the predra and go ham on it for the max damage score.

With this tournament it's ideal to have jammer mitigation (resistance, conversion), 100% SBR, and poison/armor shatter/laser for the predra. Kind of a tall order, along with the all attribute tag, but I think I'll manage! Since I lack Spica, I might even dust off ! Covers blue, armor shatter, and 60% jammer resist for floor 1.

Haku-ku-ku likes this.
  12. jlarimore

jlarimore Well-Known Member

A.Anubis was the top lead of all JP teams. But, we have significantly more cards than they did at that time. I personally think Aizen might be better for this dungeon than even Anubis.

13. Reine

Reine Ham hands

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yuna is my favorite rainbow team, definitely not the best but very versatile and forgiving for people like me who suck at this game ;)

That said, I probably won't take her into this dungeon till I try a few other non-rainbow teams, first

14. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Aizen with an offcolor Ra for fire/light coverage that lasers the preDra floor is pretty brisk. You can sweep floors with natural boards and happenstance dark TPA, pop a board refresh along the way if low on colored orbs, laser the preDra, and board change double dark cross the boss for max damage.

I'm sort of over ranking descends that are easy burst all the floors freerolls. Why spend 300 stamina to run ranking dungeon half a dozen times, when you can get the same three pii out of arena1, with vastly better xp.

Worth running for the stone though. Also worth it if under half a dozen tries is getting you securely established into top10. You tend to have a decent idea by now if you are or are not a sufficiently expert mechanics wizard for that within a low attempts count.

If you're thinking of running some typical couple of dozen times, you'd quite possibly be well off pocketing the stone and simply farming arena.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    ambiguous57 likes this.
  15. jlarimore

jlarimore Well-Known Member

One of the past ranking dungeons could similarly be crushed with a Dios button team. But, this time I don't think these Dios scores are going to stand. This is the best you could possibly expect to score with a speed build. And, it's a couple thousand short of the 131K that was the norm with an A.Anubis combo team in JP. I think if you want a crown, you are going to have to go for combos.

16. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah I've gotten to where I just don't care about ranking anymore. I used to try to always hit the top 10% for the max reward, but now just want high enough to get the Grand Predra.

The crown requirement is just stupid so I'm never going to waste my time chasing it. In theory it's a true test of skill but, in reality, it's throwing stones at it until you get just the right outcome. Of course, you can't be a total scrub, but I seriously doubt you truly have to be a master at it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  17. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Back to the original question, for the purposes of this ranking dungeon, you're better off running monocolor and cover the rest with sub attributes.

As for best in general, absolutely Ra Dragon. Especially once his ult gets here. Runner up would probably be Sherias Roots and Halloween Sonia Gran.

18. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Because it's a tournament. We're doing it to compete, and it's devastatingly fun to see your score goes from 10% to 20% (or vice versa) in just a couple hours :D

19. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    As it turns out I got a little fatigued of arena, gave the tournament another three runs, and popped into top5 with Aizen sporting a Lilith poison.

So your point was spot on.

Granted, having put in a clean run, I'm likely to go turn to miscellaneous MP dragon evo materials gathering, (why so many A.Zeus evo mats, sheesh), rather than chase a higher score.

If you're competing, good luck.