Current Cross Meta has finally drained me

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Freddy, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

User ID:
    335 669 204
    Does anyone remember when new released pantheon evos were something to get truly excited about? Like how they could be game-changing leads, or staple subs for many prominent teams. I guess I just realized I missed when things could still be useful while close to or at the "meta". Every time a new evo comes out of an old card I just say to myself "is this better than Myr, or can it be a sub for Myr?". I don't see how anything can really out-meta the cross heart leads this time around, unlike prior metas that were in then out (anyone remember XM?). I hear RaDra is very good, but I don't have the optimal subs. Plus, I've been conditioned to tank everything because of Myr that an HP multiplier doesn't beat a dmg shield. I have been playing this game for almost 1300 days and I'm rank 652, but this current meta has gone on long enough that I wonder if there's any hope of a more balanced PAD. I still find the game enjoyable, but wish I could use more leads than just Myr, ALB/Meri, and Minerva.
    TL;DR: Will anything outsides of RaDra (which is still questionable to me) ever put the heart cross meta to rest? And will Gungho start making more pantheon leads like Krishna rather than focus on giving GF exlusive cards love?

2. Piggysoup

Piggysoup Active Member

User ID:
    NA.304.448.241
    Meta begins to shift now, more and more revo with hp multiplier or dmg reduction in jp, 2 months later say bye2 to myr

wangatang0830 likes this.
  3. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

cross meta is still a thing?

King Spin likes this.
  4. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    THIS

Thank god. I never EVER used Myr. I'm so glad its dying. I can't wait for it to actually be dead forever.

King Spin likes this.
  5. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I used Miru for a bit but refused to touch any of the other cross leads. I grew to hate that playstyle and so I didn't even bothered with any cross leads after that

6. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

User ID:
    335 669 204
    I was so reluctant to get into the cross leads, but followed everyone and eventually starting using them. Myr is by far my "favorite of them", the other ones I have are gremory, kaede, and sumire. Haven't tried sumire cause my water box is my weakest, kaede I need better subs but found it to be alright, and gremory annoys me in that you have to use an active to maximize the damage. I hope XM gets a good evo cause I still have her optimal team hypermaxed lol (minus one XM)

7. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    Aizen is still a "Cross Lead" and still going strong ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But yeah fuck the play style I'm glad it's dying.

8. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Rephrase: Fuck Heart Cross Jesus Cards. :angelic:

9. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Summer Myr, I love, mainly because she was a random pull, but also because she's taken me through a lot of top end content.

I haven't played her in a while, just recently made LMyr out of boredom, but haven't used her, and I haven't used Ronove for anything challenging even though I have a great team for him. I'd say I'm burnt out on the cross meta.

10. SethDrone

SethDrone Active Member

I never did join the heart cross meta, I have pretty much every GFE and all of the MP cards but just refused to join on the Myr bandwagon as the playstyle didn't seem fun and had no interest to me. Sure I fell behind on clearing things like A3 but figured sooner or later other options would come up and now that RaDra is out there isn't much else I miss out on.

11. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    Kaede another just happened and I'm pretty sure she will be on top. Heart cross meta just got revived

12. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I kinda doubt that will happen.

Multiplier is worse. Active is worse. The only clear advantage is that this new one is unbindable. He also didn't get anything to help the inherent orb greediness.

On the subject of the active, I'm saying it's worse because the only way the existing Kaede made it to top tier was due to the dupe system. You lose that with the longer active.

13. ambiguous57

User ID:
    Whoops, I guess I misread the multiplier. This one is higher.

I still don't see him hitting true top tier thanks to everything else I mentioned though.

14. awkward.fistbumps

PADherder:
    link
    Maybe we are just looking at different cards because I see a card that is x7 with 3 green combos with the option of tpas and an option to shield and add even more attack. This means you don't have to heart cross all the time. The active is longer but since you probably won't need it every turn (myr players know you don't use an active each turn to activate LS) just means you're more likely to have an active available when you do need it.
    In my opinion this card is easily better than kaede and if kaede is still a top lead this one is most likely going to be above that.
    I play Aizen, Ra drag, myr, blue myr for a3 solo and coop and I can see this card doing the same for me

15. ambiguous57

User ID:
    Yeah that's the one I was looking at.

Still not fully convinced, but we'll see. My understanding on why Kaede started dropping is people started seeing how orb-hungry he was in comparison to other top-tier leads. This doesn't really fix that although, to your point, it does at least make the heart cross optional.

I could be proven wrong though. I drastically underestimated Aizen until I pulled him myself :p

awkward.fistbumps likes this.
  16. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

Myr is my best leader in NA. :I

GungHo need stop giving me everytime I roll a godfest with no wood gala. :(

17. awkward.fistbumps

PADherder:
    link
    Woodbahn is low key my second favorite green card lol

18. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    he was my first pull. i love his art.

awkward.fistbumps likes this.
  19. Exoxist

Exoxist Master Chief

PADherder:
    link
    The only thing annoying about the cross meta is people constantly bringing up Aizen as a response to anything. We get it lol, he's broken.

20. Rivalrun

Rivalrun Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Are you guys prepared for jammers to take over now?

xer 21 likes this.