Current Py dungeons and learning team builds

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Roland, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I want to start out saying thank you to everyone that has been answering some of my questions over the last months. Thank you!

So far this week I have been trying to play through the PY dungeons in order to get the guaranteed drops. I felt that was something worth doing. Those dungeons are a bit difficult for my team builds and I was struggling. I asked questions about assists and the amount of damage some are able to achieve. This has been a very productive experience for me to understand the "advanced" mechanics of the team and individual cards, +eggs, awoken, assists, latent awokens and the impacts they cause for my team's performance.

While I am sure most of you already "get it" I did not until this week.

For today's dungeon "Scarlet" I finally organized my team, assists, etc to make a team that has so much less trouble getting through each portion of the dungeon. I am currently about 80% successful getting through each time I try. Currently I have 12 Flampys to show for it.

I organized my team around Devil and God killers, with a mix for things like Valphak to kill the py, and others equipped with killers to get through the major floors and then the boss. I only get stopped with some terrible orb delivery on the floor, or I get stupid and screw up movement.

Yesterday my team had different cards and after putting together a mix of cards, killers, and abilities I was also able to get through the dungeon with normal play and won 11 Shynpy and some other useful drops.

Hopefully tomorrow I can mix some dragon and demon killers with a bias towards non poison and miscellaneous attacks really, some SBRs and I can perform as well tomorrow.

Maybe this is an amateur post, and maybe my skills and knowledge are still limited, but I feel like I have taken the game to another level for my efforts and the outcomes are so much better.

Thanks again to this forum and those of you that chose to help.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Congratz! It's always nice to achieve a new milestone, even if it might seem trivial to others who are much further along. :)

3. Toddlajoie

Toddlajoie Active Member

That's what keeps a game like this interesting and exciting. In the beginning you breeze through a bunch of stuff to get you interested, then you hit a wall and have to go back and dig deeper into the mechanics, and grind a bit for levels and skills. then it slowly progresses from there with you trying a new dungeon and getting your ass handed to you, or looking a the dungeon info and thinking there is no way you can take that on. You discover new tricks like Zombie teams, autoheal teams that can't die in some dungeons, 100% resist teams and such, while slowly getting better at matching and managing the boards and building your card base and learning about team building..

It's a great feeling when you finally feel confident you can get through legend/mythical/legend plus/mythical plus/etc tier levels or start looking at monsters with 1M defense without having to fit Shiva, Ra, or something into your team just for that one place. I love going back into the old headache dungeons like Keeper of Gold that I would barely get through half the time using every trick in the book and now blow through it without even using an active skill...

What sort of team(s) have you been using on the Daily Py event?

4. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ideal has been my main choice. On the other side I use Gan Ning as I am still liking the 7x6 boards.

I have played rounds with Yog on one hand with Diaochan, but I wasn't as happy. I have a few other leaders coming up, but they aren't developed enough yet with support team to get through the PY dungeons yet. I just need to play around with Edward, and I just got Cypher Ney. Really want to build those into consistent teams.

5. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

are you guys doing these solo?
    there are farming builds where you button certain floors and swipe others
    way easier and faster

6. Digity

Digity Member

Congratz, the next step is building teams that can farm it easier and then faster

7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    You might be able to farm the +99 dungeon. You have the x27 triple godkiller no6, who can ohko the Meta floor clean through the 20m defense and megamillion hp. Though I'm not positive what lead.

I'd probably see if taka at x400 worked, although I'd want anti-stripe equip if to hand to not have struggles the 50-50 stripe spawn in light of taka requiring an almost cleared board. Though he only hits medium and could probably be alternately worked around with a shield. Idk, might have a few leads with high enough multipler to work.

I've been lazy farming with the boring x250 or so
    Anubis Tardis Momji No6 Yomi Diablos
    Where Yomi board enhance + time makes the ending easy peasy, and no6 deals the lions share of the damage, 150m-300m.

Pii are good though, if you need them.
    Whichever. Just giving a casual mention.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  8. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Maybe I should at least try a few runs to see if I CAN clear it.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  9. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    yeah, but those take time to build up. not exactly a thing most people can do when they see the dungeon roll around that day.

10. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

true, but these things come up every couple of months, so next time they roll by you should have at least 1 team for each rogue that you can use in coop

Digity likes this.