D/W Batman and you

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by iizaya, Aug 1, 2014.

1. AgentBonkers

AgentBonkers Pipe Dream

PADherder:
    link
    That is a really great lineup you have planned, and certainly better than what I had to work with when I first started using my Batman. Earlier on, where you are at now, it makes sense to pair with other leads, and Neph is, as you say, a great option for the bulk. Later on though, you will probably want to focus on pairing with other Batman leads, as cross-pairing becomes less useful. Like, to the point where I will use Batman exclusively for normal alt coin dungeons, but prefer a different team for the no-dupe ones, because at higher levels of play pairing with a different lead kind of dilutes his firepower, and if you can't hit hard enough you kind of tend to die.

You can get quite far with the setup you have, once you have enough cost to evolve/awaken everything. My only suggestion would be, if you see the chance to roll for a Hanzo (3x rate ninja carnival that's paired with something else you want would be my suggestion), I'd strongly suggest trying for it, if you have the stones. Haku + Hanzo is a godly combination for killing bosses, as it gives you pretty much a perfect dark row board to work with, and max-skilled Hanzo is super useful, and in your case, having one of those and that valk max skilled would be...very powerful indeed. I don't have a Valk, but I recently got a second Hanzo and maxed skilled both while trying to skill my Haku in the watery temptress dungeon we had recently, and having two of 5 CD orb changers has let me do dungeons like Legendary Path I wasn't able to do before with just one.

2. Ryeee

Ryeee Well-Known Member

Don't have a Hanz but you can bet your bottom dolla I'll get my CDD maxed skilled to combo with Haku.

3. AgentBonkers

AgentBonkers Pipe Dream

PADherder:
    link
    That works too! :]

4. toxin87

toxin87 New Member

Just want to bump and say that my batman is now +297 :)
    375 667 209

5. Ryeee

Ryeee Well-Known Member

i like it! gonna go for max skill? i'm not sure if i want to use my 2 badpy's on him or hades

6. king0fheartzzz

king0fheartzzz New Member

Congrats! I''ve got +67 left to get there

On another note; I'm currently running DW Bats, Hanzo, Persephone, Haku, Bodin, DW Bats.
    I've got a 2nd and 3rd Hanzo, a dupe Haku, Grape Dragon, and Pandora. I've been thinking about swapping out Persephone w Pandora after the UVO comes out. Any thoughts? Better/optimal builds out there? I've been maining this team for over a year now, and was curious if there were any 'best' builds

7. AgentBonkers

AgentBonkers Pipe Dream

PADherder:
    link
    IMO, it somewhat depends on how skilled the monsters in question are. I have a similar stable as you, except minus Pandora, plus a Bonia. Sometimes i run Bodin + 3 dark subs like you, sometimes I like blue heavy so both Bodin and Bonia as subs, and sometimes I go mono-dark.

I have two Hanzo and they are both max-skilled; my first Haku (my dupe is new and unready) and Persephone are both one skill away from max. In some dungeons, particularly those kill or be killed no room for error ones like Legendary Mountain path, I'd find that two hanzo is better than Hanzo + Persephone since you get that extra row and having two means easy to avoid orb troll and still be pretty sure you'll have a Hanzo ready to use with Haku on boss. Also find 2 Hanzo useful for speed farming...

If I had one though, I'd almost surely add her to the team after the uevo, probably either replacing persephone or bodin, depending. Green > Dark is a quite useful change you don't get any other way but Anubis, I think. On the other hand, I've also found Batman-Pandora can make a nice lead pairing if you only need the one spike.

(I think I might write out a bit of an info sheet of my thoughts on subs/pairings for use with Batman, have been thinking it'd be useful to have around for a while... will post later if I get it done.)

8. Ryeee

Ryeee Well-Known Member

Batman gets split ults!!

I use him in my RoBu and Hades teams so I hope he retains devil and his dark row.

9. AgentBonkers

AgentBonkers Pipe Dream

PADherder:
    link
    Well I have both Batmen, max skilled. If ults are different AS too bad, but if they keep the same ones, perhaps I might switch one of em. Interesting development in any case. Yay Batman getting some love :0

10. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bumping this since the split ult is out. Changes to Balance/Machine (frankly Devil never made sense to me), gains RCV/HP boost for Balance Machine, upped to 4x for dark over 80% HP.

All your basic dark orb changers are balance (vamp, CDKV) plus Typhon so that part is nice.

The part that isn't nice is the 80% HP requirement. Seems like DL (now DR) Batman is pretty much a required sub to put you back on zone. Silver Batman is OK but you have only 1 turn to get in zone again.

I gave up my Batman account so this is all theory but, bump.

11. AgentBonkers

AgentBonkers Pipe Dream

PADherder:
    link
    Eh, personally, after hypermaxing both of my Batmen, I'm a bit sad to say I'm going to skip changing either to these new ults.

For my D/L, it mostly comes down to I do not want to lose the light sub-type which would make him useless to my Kali team, not to mention that the devil subtype makes him great for all kinds of dark teams, including Durga, whereas machine gives me no benefit at all. It is nice that he is unbindable now, though.

For D/W, given how few cards are currently either useful balanced or machine and dark, the new boost to Atk/Rcv isn't that impressive. 4x is nicer than 3.5x, and the awakenings including dual TPA are nice, but for the moment I don't think I want to give up the blue row and skill lock resist. Basically, converting to new ult closes the door on of options in terms of both subs and using the batman as a sub, and doesn't open up enough new ones to be worth it to me.

12. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

Not worth changing DW to DD batman since DW batman is a great sub for RoBub teams. I don't like having LuBu on my RoBub team since it's suicide!

13. Ryeee

Ryeee Well-Known Member

DW makes RoBu farming KoG a no brainer and many other descends. New Batman is great for A.Haku and A.Hades; however, that SBR is so important for me.

But he seems better than D.Fagan and should be able to farm coin dungeons as easy?
    The damage is crazy for batmen:
    4 x 4 x 1.3 x 1.3 = 27x
    x 2.25 (TPA) = 60x
    pop AS = 120x

I'll leave Batman as is for now but will definitely max skill a XZ just incase.

Sample farmable team:

I'd probably replace hadar for Haku or Typhon for more orb changing tho.

14. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think a "system" is almost possible for Batmobile using Loki and the dark machine dragons. If you had all 3, you can cycle those and a fast balanced orb changer (CDKV or Vampire) for constant attack with 6 rows and 6-7 TPAs. Preemptives would obliterate you, though.

15. king0fheartzzz

king0fheartzzz New Member

I've been using the following team:
    +297 DW Batman, DD Haku, Hanzo, Pandora, and BOdin.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this new DD Bats, but the subs are def a challenge. How do you guys think DR Bats would fare on this team as a sub? He gets the additional bonuses and he could buy some time to heal or unbind w Pandora. CDKV seems like a solid, obvious replacement for Hanzo. Any other thoughts to this? Should I just be happy with the added multiplier and just keep the same team?

16. Snowflake

Snowflake Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
  17. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That was my team a long time ago, with Grape in lieu of Pandora. I would replace BODIN with DR Batman if you have him. BODIN won't always get you back to 80%, but a 2-turn delay (assuming no status shield ) should. Plus while DB Batman would've had 5 blue rows, and Haku+Hanzo would let you stick a blue row between dark rows, Batmobile loses the blue row.

I would consider Vampire before CDKV. Either way, losing a Hanzo row is a tough sacrifice for being on-type, especially because of synergy with Haku. Now, if you had Typhon....

18. buzzyrecky

buzzyrecky Okuni's #1 bae Card Creation Winner

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  19. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So how about this: Loki / Batman pairing?

How about Alraune or Godin subs to get in zone? Balance dark orb changers don't touch green fwiw

Scratch that, the big 4x Batman multiplier is for dark

20. fcagger

fcagger New Member

did anyone here actually evolve d/w into d/d? I was looking to play around with him, but have no friends with him or any compatible leader up. I normally main Kirin and Urd fwiw, but tend to switch around leads as I like to change things up when farming. If you have one, send me a friend request please.