DAthena on my Dmeta team?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Reaper, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Reaper

Reaper Member

I just started playing PAD recently after like 2 years and am currently using a DMeta team composed of:
    Arbiter of Divine Truth Metatron
    A. Haku
    A. Pandora
    D/D Akechi
    A. Loki
    I have 580k mp saved up for DAthena currently (and 55k more incoming once i get the 5 year tama from ranked) and was just wondering if y’all thought it would be worth saving up the rest and getting her, and if so, what should I take off my team to put her in?

2. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Definitely not

She's a mediocre sub really. While the delay can be nice and her stats are ok, the new age dmeta runs on 7c, not TPA, and her lack of TE doesn't help that out. Also no SBR.

Odin dragon is always a good investment, but atm none of the others are worth the MP.

3. diz

diz Active Member

Like @Argly902 said, DAthena is not really worth the MP (maybe as leader, bit not as a sub). OdinDragon should always be the guy to buy. Ragnarok is also a good card to buy and still a decent sub for several (green) teams.

4. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wouldn't buy D.Athena for D.Meta. However, I do hear that D.Athena is supposed to be getting an evolution soon or something? I'm kind of unclear on that but if she does, she'll likely become a popular lead again (she still is to some extent). So if anything, if you're gonna get D.Athena, get her because you want to run her as lead, not as a sub.

5. Reaper

Reaper Member

Ik this doesn’t apply to the above post but I just did a yolo pull cuz I was bored and pulled a Uranus. I Just got into the game again so am still figuring things out with the new meta. Is this card a solid sub/lead?

6. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't buy DAth right now. Her new evolution was semi-recently announced, and it's very mediocre -- a slight multiplier buff for her leader skill IIRC, and nothing else that stands out. She's not worth 750k anymore, especially not with the new GungHo collab MP units coming, hopefully somewhat soon.

Uranus is pretty darn good as a sub. He's got 3x7c awakenings, which gives him pretty crazy damage output, and his board change isn't too shabby. He does work as a lead as well, but he's not really noteworthy there. I have seen it before though. Anyway, he's definitely a good sub to have.

Lastly, I'll just make sure you know: we're expecting an event pretty soon called the Super Godfest, where you can only roll 6* cards -- some evolutions of 5* pantheon cards are included, as well as some 6* pantheons, plus the ever-coveted 6* GFEs. I highly, highly recommend you stockpile stones for this Super Godfest, because it's probably the best use of stones in the game currently, certainly for newer players.

7. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    Also you may want to consider keeping Uranus in his non evolved form -- the active skill changes between the two and the first one is much more useful. First one gives you void attribute absorb (allows you to get around stuff like 'absorb dark damage for 3 turns') while the Awoken Evo replaces that with No Skyfalls for some crazy reason. Either can be used as an inherit/assist. That said if you are going to use him as a sub, the Awoken has much better awakenings, just wanted to make you aware of the AS change.