Defying Gravity... with Zela

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Vaedriel, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So my Main and Alt pulled the Wicked Witch. I know some of you pulled one the last GF we had. What type of subs did you put on the team?

*EDIT*
    So my Zela rolled out as a row card... I didn't realize she had an Evo for triple 7C! :wideyed: Damn.

Love the animation on her card.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    iddybat likes this.
  2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I thought row Zela looked intriguing, but everyone said to go for combo Zela. Like we all need _another_ combo team. Still, the team hits very hard (until you run out of green orbs), and Zela's active is awesome for finishing bosses.

Personally I run a board changer (Sylvie), a couple heals (Odindra, Nees), and Awoken Acala because I am lazy when it comes to combos. But I don't know much about the "optimal" setup.

3. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There is no real optimal set-up obviously odindra and ragdra are as always strong candidates for a sub spot.
    a short CD orb change like kaede or cotton is nice too
    Perseus meimei gronia fujin or vishnu all work too.
    Revo Micheal is cool because he combines heal active and orb change with double 7c

Also put her up sometimes would be cool to have at least on friend running her xD

MisterDrgn and Vaedriel like this.
  4. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

I just rolled out Fio/Fio/Cronus/GNey as combo subs. Playing self-co-op with Kaede lead on the alt is already fun.

Vaedriel likes this.
  5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have two Vishnu (Awoken form preferred) you could daisy-chain both skills to get unlimited wood skyfall so you'll never ran out of wood orbs, and save other slots for utilities.

Vaedriel likes this.
  6. diz

diz Active Member

She is just sub for when I take down shorter dungeons (Kaede lead). Or as a stupid damage dealer for Vraska, because 3D/G feels easier to activate than 6-9 greens.

7. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Here is my first draft team, based on cards available. I am sure I will tweak the after a few run it a few times:

Main: Zela^stats / Odindra^OdinEQ / Cronus^RMeiMei / Gronia^burst / AVishnu^Australis
    Alt: Zela^stats / Odindra^OdinEQ / Fujin^stats / RMichael^don't know / Kaede or RArtemis ^Australis

I really wish Vishnu had 7C. It would be perfect.

@BurningMan I will post Zela off and on with others I usually leave up, like Raijin. As a BF of mine, you can always PM me and I will post a lead for you. :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  8. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, I tweaked my team a little bit based on recent game play. I've cleared A1 and all the August Quests I have done so far with this team and have had no issues. The only Aug quests I didn't clear with Zela were C5, C7, & Athena (I used Yog to clear them to feed the rewards to Zela). In coop I have over 70K HP and decent RCV + auto heal from OdinDra.

Main with SI's:

This team has 12 7C, 9 SB & TE. Just enough time to consistently hit 7-9 combos every turn, plus 2/3rds of the team is unbindable.

Alt with SI's:

This team has 9 7C, 10 SB & 11 TE. 2/3rds of the team is unbindable. I am working on leveling up an Awoken Michael for this team and it will replace Ronove. At that point, I will give Kaede the Australis SI and put a wood EQ SI on Michael to boost his damage.

Awoken Acala dishes out some serious dmg with double Multi boost. Also her new AS is perfect for Zela, it adds +2 combos for 1 turn and makes a wood row near the bottom for a guaranteed 2 wood combos. Most trash floors can be cleared with 2 wood combos, so I've found that Zela is not as orb hungry as some leads. She plays a lot lot a green Yog but with a lower HP threshold for her bonus damage.

The only real weakness this team has is VDP. I have a Pixel Bartz, but his ATK stat is meh. I am REALLY hoping I can pull a Bride Rushana when we get the June Bride REM. She has VDP, 7C, and some kick@$$ awakenings. It would be really cool if she was on the event trade list. I only need her on one of my accounts for coop play.

Anyways, just thought I would share my feedback on how my playtime has been with Zela. Overall, I am very happy with my new toy! :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  9. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I don't even run Zela in co-op, and I like Awoken Acala on the team for massive TE and the active. Maybe I wouldn't run Acala if I was better at combo-ing, but having three +2 combo actives makes things that would be a bit tricky for other combo teams really easy.

Vaedriel likes this.
  10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pixel Bartz is okay as green VDP. Not many option for Green VDP in NA. The problem is you'd need to match three wood combo for full activation but it can be done with Zela's active. Just make the board look like this:

WWWHHH
    HHHWWW
    WWWHWW
    WWWHWW
    WWWHWW

Also, Bartz is Balance type so he can equip any Killer.

Vaedriel likes this.
  11. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

Wedding Rushana is the VDP MVP, in my opinion. She gives you 6 orbs, heals you 40% to guarantee you have enough HP to fully activate, and has a VDP and a 7C AND she has balance typing. She is also unbindable and has 3 skillboosts which helps compensate for Zela’s ideal team’s relatively low skillboosts and Zela’s relatively long skill cooldown.

The second best VDP is probably the inferior evo of Zela, but it is far, far inferior.

Wedding Rushana’s sole reason for existence seems to be as a sub for Zela.

Playerdb and Vaedriel like this.
  12. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I know, right? I HOPE I get lucky and can either pull one or hopefully she will be on the trade list.

EDIT

Yep, she was on the trade list. I snagged her on my Main.

I'm as happy as can be!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Knomraski likes this.
  13. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

I bought all the new cards the Wedding Collaboration Trade Shop had available today, but Wedding Rushana was the only thing I actually plan on using.

She signicantly improves Zela as a lead.

Congratulations!

Vaedriel likes this.
  14. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am going to max my Rushana as soon as possible and run A3!

15. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I'd be tempted to trade for Rushana if I had one more thing to trade. Dupe Fujin, dupe Sylvie, maybe sacrifice my only Aten, but I dunno what I'd use for the fourth item. I don't wanna give up my only Bodin or Rodin, with their evos coming up.

16. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Alt is in the same boat. I have two dupes but would also have to sacrifice either my only Ameno and Rodin and/or something else. Ugh.

17. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I forgot what the trade options were. Actually I have a Dantalion and Kanna that I’ve never used and am willing to trade. But since those aren’t dupes and I don’t have great options for the other two spots, it’s probably a bad idea.

18. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's what I call sitting between a rock and a hard place. :( Bride Rushana is pretty awesome. I lucked out on my Main with the dupe rolls I got during the SGF. I traded a DKali #3, Ilm #3, Kanna #3 plus a Gremory #2 for my Rushana. I was torn on my Gremory, but I never use my first one for anything. I did roll a dupe Yog during SGF... but I decided to hold onto him to do his FUA evo. You have a stellar Zela team, so if it were me, I'd be leaning toward sacrificing something I don't need or use. I had to do that on both of my accounts last month to get Ren. I still believe he is worth it.

19. timm

timm New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been rolling in green in dark for months with no idea why I was being cursed, then I rolled THREE Vraska's during MTG and then finally I rolled Zela. Since then I have been trying to decide whether or not to just use Nees or buy a Odindra and put him in as a A-bind/bind clear.

So far this is my team and its worked for pretty much everything.
    when I get a "no dupes" dungeon, I just throw in Fio or Nees for one of the Vraska's. i almost never use the assists. Nothing lasts long enough.

20. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Absolutely invest in an Odindra. He is *definately* worth it. He is usually present in most end game content teams. I SI'd mine with a Grondin weapon EQ two weeks ago and I love that I get auto heals every turn now plus a boost to team HP.