Did reincarnated Odin dragon's active get worse?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Sunsphere, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

it only clears awoken binds now, not regular binds and awoken binds?? I get that the column of hearts is nice for a fua but still, seems like a strict downgrade. Oh well, I can always buy another one to have both forms I guess

2. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hm, I didn't even realize that he lost the bind clear but to be fair, I would probably say 95% of all top tier subs and leads are bind immune anyway and has been so for years so bind clearing has become a utility active that has more or less become obsolete. That being said though, it is an unusual change as most awoken bind clears also include bind clears. Either way, I'm not sure it'll make a difference for me; it's too bad I haven't even been using OdinDra for probably over a year now and this new evolution likely wouldn't change that either. I'm sure he'll still have utility for making a FUA because there still aren't too many actives that can do that, the only one that comes to mind is Mel and she's not great. So I'm glad he at least still has some niche uses.

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When I attempted A4 with a solo Fagan Rai team, I brought Revo OdinDra with an equip assist with a full awoken bind clear AND full bind clear active to get me past Fuma. I had the equip assist active up by F5 for Fuma and was able to clear the dungeon.

A5, on the other hand, ended with assist actives overriding base actives when I needed them most and I ended up getting KO'd by Nyx. :'(

4. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Depends. Most things are unbindable now, and unbindable equips are fairly accessible at this point (heroine rerun in a few months will bring a whole bunch at lower rarities if you don't already have them)

The heart column is a tradeoff. Leads with pickier activation clauses or orb requirements won't appreciate that. Pure combo leads probably don't mind as much. Personally preferred instant heal, but it really depends.

5. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

The comment isn't that bind clear is super crazy useful (although I certainly run teams for which top subs are bindable, like ny yomi, hcotton, etc where SA would otherwise be needed), it's that the change from all bind clear to awoken plus heart column seems strictly worse, especially for the resources required to upgrade him. For instance His active was great for Fuma Kotaro, plus being able to cover either scenario gave a lot of flexibility.

6. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

He still has a bind clear awakening. Like on Fuma you can still pop his active to save you. It's like a sidegrade. Instant fua can be really cool for the leads that need it.

7. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Revo Odindra is still good in A6/AA4 for that floor where you get Awoken bind+unmatchable orbs for 5 turns.
    He has good stats, SBs, color coverage for certain teams.

Far from a bad sub.

8. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I did end up buying 2 Odindras to make Revos so I could leave my other one alone. Hell probably have a use now and again.
    Revo with 4 SBs is nice but so is 4 te. So I made 2. If I'm not running a transform team the extra move time is real nice.