DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
    Most of the strong blue row subs don't have a lot of of OE, or any at all, and You Yu himself comes with 3 already
    Hermes has 2 and Bonia has 1, but the other good ones like Andro, Gabriel, and Ryune don't have any at all.

With 5 combos, a team of Sara/Andro/Ryune/Isis/Hermes deals approximately 5.4 million damage with a row + 3 match and 3 other combos
    With the same 5 combos and a 5 match + TPA, You Yu/Nut/Scheat/Orochi/Skuld does around 11 million damage, over twice as much as Sara

I assumed that every match had exactly 1 enhanced blue orb in it

Sara
    (1.75+1)*1.3*2.2*2*25*1.06 gives a total multiplier of 416.8x, the team has around 13000 attack
    416.8*13000 = around 5.4 million

You Yu
    2 w/ no tpa, 2 w/ 2 tpa, 1 w/ 4 tpa, 1 w/ 5 tpa
    (1.25+1.5)*1.06*1.6*2*56.25 = 524.7x multiplier for the You Yus (3.25 million damage)
    (1.25*2.25+1.5)*1.06*1.6*2*56.25 = 822.5x multiplier for Skuld + Nut (3.22 million damage)
    (1.25*5.0625+1.5)*1.06*1.6*2*56.25 = 1493x multiplier for Orochi (2.2 million damage)
    (1.25*7.59375+1.5)*1.06*1.6*2*56.25 = 2097x multiplier for Scheat (2.4 million damage)
    3.25+3.22+2.2+2.4 = around 11 million total

Obviously damage isnt everything, but You Yu really is unmatched when it comes to damage

LazarusPD and Flaycrow like this.
  2. JettG_G

JettG_G I got hit by an airplane!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Woo yeah! Krishna! Woo :p

3. YumitheGumi

YumitheGumi I want You....Yu!

User ID:
    376 679 395
    AHAHAHA FINALLY! A FULL STREAM THAT APPLIES TO MY BOX!

Double Caos, Sarasvati, Antares and Castor are all in my box, waiting for their new forms to be released in NA (the wait is going to kill me!).

PLUS, MAthena officially announced! Looking forward to seeing videos of her dungeon and clearing it when it comes to NA! I need to complete my Mech Trio!

4. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The big thing that puts Bamboo over Sara for me with the 5 or 6 orb match comparison is that 5 orbs allows vertical matching. As someone who loves A Bastet playstyle but its having trouble adjusting to a row-oriented playstyle, Bamboo seems a lot more fun.

5. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

playing pure damage leads that don't have rcv and/or hp multipliers? what is this, January?

6. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Co-op with hyper max teams can usually get by without rcv/hp multipliers.

7. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gungho still trying to make up for Odindra and Ragnarok. It'll take a lot of love for me to get over those debacles.

Flaycrow likes this.
  8. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You Yu is good for damage. Sara is better at damage. Except that I concede that Bamboo does mindless farming better. But who farms with Bamboo? Just ShivaD for even more mindless farming level damage.

I can't read Japanese on Sara but there is what looks like a good change for her in her UUVO. Bamboo requires an enhanced orb in his 5 match. This causes problems in hard dungeons when enhanced orbs are jammed or poisoned. He cannot activate at times because of this. Think Beelz full board. Destroys leaders who need enhamced orbs.

Sara looks like she no longer requires an enhanced orb in a 5 or 6 match. Thus brings the ability to still fully activate after an unlucky jammer hit, poison, or troll. As someone who played lots of YomiD, I will say that the enhanced orb limitation is annoying. If Sara actually loses it, like it appears she does, this is a huge buff. Can someone who reads Japanese confirm this from the Sara UUVO rease info?

stardent2000 and Infinity1176 like this.
  9. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    From the screenshot on PDX from the stream, there is indeed NO mention of needing an enhanced water orb.

2.5x for 2 water combos. 5x for 3 water combos.

The additional multiplier just says ATK increases when 5+ water orbs are matched, up to a max of 2x ATK

We can assumed 5 orbs is 1.5x and 6 connected orbs (a row) for the full 2x.

I haven't done any calculations and don't plan to but a 3 row board should be putting out absolutely ludicrous amounts of damage... Along with permanent blue skyfall buff, 2 TEs and 2 REs on each leader... Wow. O_O

Can only dream Vishnu will be this good too.

Flaycrow likes this.
  10. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

Indeed the 5 orb enhanced part is gone.

I think you're underestimating YY's damage output here. For my team (Skuld/Scheat/Sumire/Isis), the typical damage output is ~2.5 M for a 5 match, 8 M for a 5 + 3, 10M for a 5 + 4. It's easy to stack ridiculous amount of OEs due to subs like Sumire, Nut, Skuld and Isis. Unlike Yomigon, the team packs plenty of off colour sparkles (mainly heart OEs) that makes it quite hard to get plus orb trolled after board change.

I really doubt Sara's 4x with a row, and 25x with a row and another match can come any close to YY's damage.

Flaycrow and LazarusPD like this.
  11. ryuninja

ryuninja Member

The change from "exactly 5" to "5+" on Sarasvati's skill is HUUUGE. Also +50% SBR badge will make Australis systems actually viable!!

samuelburtt and Flaycrow like this.
  12. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

sara is pretty much a better you yu at this point

you only need 3 match in total hence 1 row + 2 water combo for 100x while you you needs match 5 + 3 additional water combo

you don't even have to limit ur combo to have the stupid OE, it's different from before

Flaycrow and awkward.fistbumps like this.
  13. wangatang0830

I don't think that's true. The strength of YY has always been the high damage with fewer orbs part. For leaders without HP/rcv multiplier, the less orb hungry one is usually preferred.

Damage wise 25x for a 6+3 match is going to be much inferior to YY's 5+4 match (which exceeds 10M easily). And YY has amazing sniping power for 5x with just 5 orbs in comparison to Sara's 4x with a row or 6.25x with 2 water combos.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  14. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    I like both bamboo and uuvo Sara but im pretty sure id be mostly playing sumire. That heart cross is so fun and challenging.

15. Shinigami Yuki

Shinigami Yuki Things are getting hectic.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am lucky and have both Sarasvati and Sumire. Sure didn't feel lucky when I first got them but not it is their time to shine.

awkward.fistbumps likes this.
  16. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

i don't disagree that you yu is less orb hungry, but if i need a less orb hungry lead for quick farm the answer isn't you yu

the question is how much better is you yu compare to sara that justifies the 300k mp?

yes "water mirror" from jump collab is super good abusing the loads of OE that you yu have, but that's the only orb enhancer active that the team has (unless you inherit more than 1)

the biggest question is how are u going to build the sara team? don't forget you have 1.4x base from row enhance

i should have worded better how sara is a better you yu

in fact if this is how Super uvo sara is, what makes me want to buy you yu

just because it is less orb hungry while having a super burst that is totally unnecessary?

if this is how Super sara is, what will her awoken form be?

ofc yy as a 300k monster, it is strong

but as a 300k monster it's not unique anymore

as a previous uvo sara player, it does solve part of the problem, and makes me excited for her awoken form

and melon head > ugly armpit

17. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Based on your argument, you didn't prove Sara is better, just that if you have Sara, you don't need You Yu. As I mentioned in other threads, the real difference between the 2 is playstyle. One is rows and more orb hungry, and likely to wants a couple of haste subs. The other is 5 match and TPA, with better distribution of scaling damage and better low end damage to tackle most content without needing an active every turn. Not everyone wants to farm with the old boring Shivadra. I certainly never bought and never will buy Shivadra. So having a lead the is versatile for a lot of content, farming or high damage alike, will be desirable for a lot of players. I really don't think one is better than the other. They are comparably good.

Flaycrow, Knomraski and wangatang0830 like this.
  18. wangatang0830

If we are 'justifying' a purchase, it's really hard to do so in this multi meta. So far I have bought 2 Xiang Mei and 1 YY. And I probably use them 5 times each per week. For 99% of all content, M.Hera and A.LB handles it with minimum effort. So I'm not saying YY is 100% worth the MP price, but he's surely a much more powerful leader than Sara. I don't see any advantage Sara has over YY in your comment apart from that she doesn't need 300k MP.

And speculating about A.Sara just seems very far fetched for now. It takes most monsters ~a year from getting their 2nd ult to getting awoken evo.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  19. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

difference is we got you yu ahead of NA, while NA can see the Suvo sara while having time to decide if they can buy you yu or not, it's different, go back and think about it if you in NA now not on JP, what would be your choice?

we are at a point where you played too much or whaled too much already and making a choice based on that, there are still players who are locked out of MP and co-op farming.

who knows if sara will be voted in the next process to speed up a awoken form, you never know what pad is going to do now, they might shorten the process, you have to look at a business view that a game that is already 4 years old can't just do the same cycle anymore, look at what pad is doing now, rotating seasonal rem and new gfe every month, they are not following what they are doing from the 4 previous year, they aren't delaying any new feature, they are shoving everything in our face now.

which is what i said i worded badly, i shouldn't have said it is a better you yu, ur right, if you have sara u don't need you yu, but will you play sara even if you have you yu? well that's up to you, but atm i dont' see there's much need to run you yu anymore.

honestly it might matter a lot of a lot of people how you are getting damage with 5->8 orbs with you yu, but to me since the game is going back to stalling turns for active.

if the game was only about having consistent damage as fast as possible and making an omg wtf bbq burst at the end, then ya there's no way that sara is better than you yu.

----------

The game dynamics has changed to much, look at how people are chasing for dios, look at people are so into button farming, this was only suppose to be whale/heavy iap only, now it has become a common thing, when people go crazy like talking about team optimization for speed farming, that was actually how the game always was 4 years ago when everyone devalued it

more to the fact where
    is there something yy can which sara can't, or sara can which yy can't?
    aside of time i don't think there's anything else, and the game this year is moving at a very quick pace that is burning a lot of people out, like all these people who i'm seeing are simply doing more and more i call stupid stuff to end their own game span even quicker (like fire selling everything)

yes i don't play the game anymore, because i'm really tired of the game's direction, i see the flaws of the game which i invested so much time and money on, do i regret it? slightly, but i don't want people following the same footsteps, the game should be fun and not just button farm, or match 5 or match 5+3 and wiping every floor, what's the point playing this game?

grinder likes this.
  20. wangatang0830

The difference between them is that everything Sara can do, YY does it easier. Neither has HP/rcv multiplier, and YY simply uses fewer orbs to do more damage. So I really don't see how Sara outclasses YY on any front. You can even play tank team style with YY x Skuld, which is surprisingly effective.

MP farming is really easy with Goemon (in the past) and A.LB. You can farm 300k in under 2 months quite casually with only natural stamina. So I really don't regret any of my MP purchase decisions. YY is insanely popular now and has a very fun play style, so I wouldn't discourage others from buying him just because Sara MIGHT get an awoken form that COULD be better.