DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. AMDZen

AMDZen ZeN@PF ¥ Baby ZuOh

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I definitely understand why most players are disappointed with this REM, its nearly always the case. Every special, seasonal REM that comes is disappointing to a lot of players because .... I guess they have their hopes up for something and if it isn't something game breaking, it isn't worth pulling. And don't get me wrong, these REMs are not for every player, I don't even think a lot of people should roll heavily in these REMs. Speculation is one thing but to see so many in the community strait pissed that we didn't just get another MYR is honestly amusing (not necessarily on this board but throughout PAD communities). Last year it was a new KALI ever special REM and lets face it, that was boring. If GungHo had released yet another Myr that is just same old same old, would there be less people happy or more? Would the community really complain either way? Probably.

But lets be honest, these special REMS have only gotten better, much better actually. Used to be nothing but chibis for Christmas, and so many players sought after BikiniTron or Christmas Sakuya when neither card was really very good even when they were released. It used to be I would pull a couple times in any special REM, hope I get lucky and move on. Last year was the first year I started pulling in these pretty heavily, like at least half a pack in everyone, even a full pack or more. Partially because of the usefulness of so many of the silvers, even fairy tail silvers have gone used in my box, various Izanami like last years halloween izi drug me through my first arena clears with so much dark resist.

Lets face it, them being so much better now then before still doesn't mean that they are great for your average player, who is still missing tons of normal REM cards, that would otherwise be much more beneficial for their box. This is still as true as it ever was for REMs of these kind. If you are missing stuff that you absolutely know would be far and away better then pull once or twice and move on, save stones for 4x GFE, GFE only 10 stone (if we ever get it) and PCGF, that is where they are best spent.

However for players who, like me, have nearly everything in the normal REM, then this is an opportunity to spend some stones and actually get something that isn't just a dupe sold for MP. Sure I don't have the newest GFE's like Paimon, dandy, gremory, roots, whatever the other one besides ronove is - but I honestly don't need or want that stuff and I am always a bit behind on new GFE monsters for several months. I haven't pulled much if at all in any GFE since the 4x GFE this summer which the newest GFE's werent in, and am definitely ready to get some new stuff.

Last year I didn't get Vampire or DSonia so I would love either along with several of the new cards, Chiyome I think could be one of the game changers I have gotten that I don't realize until much later how great they are. Rozuel as well. Others in the past were NY Hanzo, NY Leilan, christmas haku and christmas Sonia, all of which at one point or another became SUPER useful.

On Dark XM its truly a shame, she needed more help and its BS that blue myr got so much from her REM, even Navi was super useful for her even though lots of people hated on her, and dark XM didn't get much. Rozuel and I suppose Laila is good now with 3 rows, but not great with no heart generation, she just isn't good enough to use over normal XM - and her cost of 500k is just a ripoff. Makes the theory that we'll have a 500k MP monster pretty clear also moving forward which is a shame. At least Bmyr at that price made sense because of the evo advantages, and skilling advantages over normal Myr. In this case you are better off spending 600k for two red XM over 500k for dark XM, AINEC.

2. Angry Guy of DE

Angry Guy of DE Active Member

When you want to complain about the seasonal REM's but you have the Seasonal Ronia sisters chilling in the box with Paradise Gronia the only one getting use.

I hope the dungeon still gives skill-ups for last year REM monsters like Laila and replaces unwanted fodder like Durga skill-ups.

Honestly anyone who had Durga last Halloween max skilled her with the Halloween dungeon.

nickjr and RageSedai like this.
  3. Inagaki

Inagaki What are you, TAMA ?

PADherder:
    link
    That what I did to clear the last c9 (solo) lol ! Really tanky as long as you have 3 heart orbs available and the hp !

4. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    @AMDZen I definitely agree with a lot of your post. The main criticism I have is YamaP does not consider how card synergies work out. Frankly, I wonder if Gungho staff even discuss cards synergies much at all seeing as how ALB and Dios have broken so much of the game(among other mechanics in this game). There is simply too much content the Gungho team would have to review if they tested every single card they released.

Summer REM had great cards that has great synergy with Byr. I do not think that was deliberate at all. Likewise, I do not think it was planned for Halloween REM to have so little synergy for DXMei. Is it unfortunate? Of course it is. And I hope there will be cards released later with great synergy with DXMei. On the 500k MP, it is a luxury purchase and you could possibly roll it. I do not think 500k is justified when compared to the 300k price tag of RXMei, but oh well :/

5. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well said. I personally am mostly disappointed with these few things: 1) Dark XM is not worth 500k MP at all. I understand it's easier to farm MP, but it hasn't gone faster. You still need like 2 hours a day for 2 months to get 500MP. If you compare that to plus egg requirement for end game content, I'm fine with that, because you can now got 297 in an hour with moderate investment of time and stones. If she were now the best lead in the game, sure 500k MP is merited. But it is arguable she is not even as God as normal XM who is 300k MP. 2) The best card in the rem (gran) is good, but not worth the packs to chase her. Her active os worse then Sherias so I prefer 2 of him. His team comes built with shields and 1.5x rcv is not enough to stall with that hp pool. So while she is nice, you can't compare her at all to the rare cards from the summer rem, which are either top tier leads or top tier subs. 3) this one is mostly personal. I have always wanted to see the poison meta take off. Why does Gungho always just make the poison cards with some aspect of usefulness buy then make them such crap in some other categories. She has crap stats and crap awakens with an active great from Hel except she can be inherited nor is on color. My dream of poison meta being good at all always gets shattered lol.

But to your point, you are right about seasonals getting better. I mean nowadays I even consider rolling on them. Before I didn't even get to being disappointed because I just ignored them since they were so bad.

nickjr, Bira573, RageSedai and 2 others like this.
  6. AMDZen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Laila had skill ups even in the last round of bi weekly dragons. That was pretty cool actually. Each one had skill ups for past seasonal REM monsters. She will still have it now I am sure and if not, will have it in the coin rotation so no biggie

Also are you confused or am I? What skilled up durga last Halloween? I don't see anything on pad guide other than Quinton and certainly don't remember anything.

Edit : oops I guess Quinton was in Halloween last year. Lol. I suppose I didn't have durga or something which is why that didn't stick out. Anyway on Laila skill up you are safe. 2405 is actually in the black contract dragon which is in coins right now if you don't want to wait

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    RageSedai likes this.
  7. Bane Shydow

Bane Shydow Nephthys Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Quinton was a very common drop in the Halloween dungeon last year.

8. AMDZen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Guess I should have realized that right off. Lol. Too much stuff to remember in this game sometimes.

9. AMDZen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am not so sure on roots and gran pairing, you could be completely right but when I watch my friend who has roots play, or youtube, it seems that the rcv is almost overkill and you rarely need the huge boost two gives you.

Will cutting it in half to have the hp boost leave you with too little rcv? I could see that, many would know better than I, but I will wait to see videos honestly before I assume that. I think It could be a seriously good pairing. Also I have seen teams on YouTube actually bringing a gran for burst so if you needed a boost like that, the pairing saves you a slot. I dunno personally why you would need a boost like that but radar dragons? I watched more roots vids earlier and was surprised to see gran alot, but I was mostly just checking team compositions and didn't watch the videos entirely to see when gran was used

10. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The minimum happy for seasonal REMs has gone way up, but the top-end has come down. like having a narrower number range, it used to be 0-100 and it's become 35-85. The good stuff is still good, it's just not as comparable to already available stuff. DXM /= RXM, but halloween picture is worth 200k mp to gungho. lol.

I don't particularly have a problem with how things have turned out, but i'm not happy that Parvati got such a lackluster seasonal. i mena, DO FUCKING WANT because CATGIRL OUTFIT, HNNNNNNG, but not too impressed with 3 poison resist clogging up what could have been literally anything else to be more useful, and resulting in only 2 killers and a single tpa.

Also Karin. again, do want. but i'm not willing to throw the stones at this rem for Niche-Use Karin and Trophy Cat-Waifu Parvati.

I'll just chalk this REM up to not being for me.

and speaking of the GFE machine, where the fuck is it, gungho?! that's going to be my last IAP for this game outside of the one-time-bargain refreshes, and i'm not throwing money at this game anymore before it either.

nickjr and AMDZen like this.
  11. AMDZen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I never played Radra and Zeusdra so perhaps this is just that redone. I am watching a couple videos right now actually and I am seeing baldin used a lot too. Again for the burst. So maybe I am making too much of it but it seems to me that having the burst built in to save you a sub slot might be pretty great. Then again it's one less sub that has a board change. So if you normally have two board change leads and a dkali and now have dkali and roots and maybe RagDrag, does it matter? You're using a slot for either a boost or a board change either way, but get more killer awakenings with the RagDrag.

I guess it will come down to does the 45k hp with only 1.5x rcv make for a better team then one with 29-30k hp and, 2.25x rcv. Is that enough rcv still? Is it enough hp you no longer need susano or Indra shield as often? Others know the answer to these questions much better than myself since I never played radra Zeusdra or roots or any combination there of.

RageSedai likes this.
  12. AMDZen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For sure on Parvati. I mean wtf? She obviously isn't lead material like summer rem got with Lakshmi so she should at least be a good sub. The killers are good but then poison I mean what is the point? Another instance I feel summer rem was quite a bit better.

The art is so good on these tho. How do they draw us in so much with just art? Lol. I want two Karin because I don't want to have to choose colors, I wanted two mei mei also and got zero, so I should probably temper my expectations

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  13. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Based on my experience matching Parvati and RaDra with other non rcv leads I think not. 2x vs 1.5x is actually a big deal. However, that maybe be remedied by using the RCV badge if you are willing to run sólo at full cost. But for those that mostly coop double Sherias will still be better. Sherias teams doesn't really have a way to make a ton of hearts. You depend on getting enough with kali actives or natural boards. But like you said, we need to see videos first to draw a final conclusion. Might end up working just fine.

BurningMan, RajaNagaSoz and RageSedai like this.
  14. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I forgot to bitch about this lol. I guess thus Parvati is so terrible that I just blocked it out of my mind lol. As a Parvati main user, this made me very sad, especially with how good summer lakshmi is. I mean, I almost beat Arena 3 with her paired with BMyr. Only died to unfortunate skyfalls on Kali. Parvati will see no use honestly

RajaNagaSoz and RageSedai like this.
  15. AMDZen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You make an excellent point on hearts for sure. And coop definitely. Really not sure if either gran or dark xm are good at all for 8 star. If you actually get lucky and get one, and don't have red xm or any of the 3 cards you must have to use her appropriately, or need a great rainbow lead then they are great. For high end players they offer little, dark xm being a pretty killer sub on gremory and a couple others tho.

The lower tier golds are pretty great tho. Chiyome, rozuel, Laila, Alruane, vamp and dsonia are all very good on the right teams. The card I want most is still dsonia, I seriously need her.

16. Aurelius

Aurelius Well-Known Member

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    I get what you're saying but I don't think ALB/Dios was an oversight. It might have been, don't get me wrong, but it feels to me like it was intentional. In my eyes, it is an alternate way of playing that rewards a different set of users. Some people, because of their own skill/dedication to the game/whatever, don't want to think for 5 minutes between every move only to feel disappointed when they an eight combo and die. They just like to casually match things, blow stuff up, and collect rewards. ALB is perfect for that. It gives people whose skill level may have peaked before their interest in the game a way to progress. If anything, I think the easy MP farming may be the unintended outcome here.

17. ChronoM

ChronoM 「天地創造」

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I actually changed my mind about Halloween XM.
    Its not because shes a better leader than normal XM (she seriously isnt), its because she actually has good sub value. With her you can system Gremory without having RCV issues. I might be sold for this. 500k would be ready.

RageSedai likes this.
  18. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah that is the saving grace for H.XM. She has a home as a sub on top tier teams in dark, something that red XM does not have. Red Myr may change that though but don't know if I want another Myr lol.

PDF3 and RageSedai like this.
  19. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    I can agree with you on this. Maybe Gungho did plan ALB and Dios system but did not realize how much content it would affect. I highlight the parts I really like, particularly last sentence with the 'unintended outcome.'

Edit: lol, quotes can't have bolded text apparently.

This is a great application for her. Makes me wonder how Red Myr will be with RXMei, too.

20. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry to divert, but what is this team?