DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I read that it gives 2.5x attack.

nickjr and MisterDrgn like this.
  2. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

It's literally like a TPA, that can only be activated when matching an exact 3x3 block, and only applies to the base monster with that awakening. The multiplier it gives is a 2.5x boost.

Some early implications:
    • Yog 3p carry team can OHKO Azathoth with Lightning and Cloud on the team;
    • Minakanushi can ohko Noahdra in A3;
    • BMyr or the light cross guy from Fist of the North Stars are now god tier assists for separating out a 3x3 block on a Goemon/Toshiro/Dios board.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  3. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Pixel Sephiroth and Pixel Noctis can also oneshot Yiazmat easily in 3P FF, although they struggle on the earlier floors so it can get annoying when you get people who don't oneshot F1 and F2.

Or you can just run Yog and bring Natsu/Bride Persephone and Pixel Cloud/Lightning lol

4. Unknown_PC

Unknown_PC Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
  5. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

These looks cuter than the FF ones.
    1. Valkyrie
    2. Bestcat
    3. Astaroth (with Cauchemar cat)
    4. Ammy
    5. Hera Is
    6-10. Whatevas

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 5:30 AM
  6. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    God, is the pixel shit just an excuse to not pay artists or to plug in when not available? Horrible to look at.

Trap and chiubag like this.
  7. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

I'd honestly welcome that, given that many past evolutions have been delayed because of issues with artists taking too long.

On another note, anyone care to speculate about what might be coming after the official maintenance next week? I'm really hoping some of the crucial Blue Hunter subs I've been waiting for (split BlOnia, Revo Karin and Isis) come 'round. Have no idea where we are in terms of system updates.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 9:15 AM
  8. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

You would take pixel arts just because the actual arts taking too long to make? Imagine PAD without even pretty arts to look at...

9. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I like pixel art when the pixels are actually pixels and not multi-pixel squares haha...

tanpopo, YamaKyu, Trap and 1 other person like this.
  10. WatermelonOwl

WatermelonOwl Smol light demon

User ID:
    399 756 307
    Hino-sensei has done A LOT of art for a new game, Grandia Saga, lately. Like. Man... And for PAD? Two recolours. (Since Feb-March's 50 ults)
    I don't want to make any assumptions, but Gungho should probably give him more $$$

I really hope pixels will not become a thing. Keep that shit in FF where it at least has some history. Remove pixelit from Friday dungeon after FF.
    I'd rather have recolour splits the quality of Herme than pixels.
    Gungho should simply buff cards instead. Just have a mass buff no ults month twice a year or smth to give artists some time and stock up on art. Don't even need to pay for cheap ugly pixels.
    heraeratwa.JPG

Apollogee and nickjr like this.
  11. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

They could always release pixel arts as placeholders, and then later release a statistically identical "evolution" that has the real art. Have it evolve with five on-color spaghetti masks or something.

It's just stupid that the release of content that effects gameplay has to wait on the one thing that has no effect on it. It'd be like not releasing a Collab because GungHo couldn't decide what monster book numbers to assign to the cards in it

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 3:51 PM
    nickjr likes this.
  12. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I hope we get Sonia and Norn splits. I want to try to lead wth the new verdandi. GValk, Kaede, Romia, Odindra. Looks like It could be fun.
    Also Blonia will be amazing so I'm stoked for that.

Also really wish we could get a couple uvos here and there instead of having 2 month content droughts.

We should get bride Escha uvo soon so prepare your Lmetas.
    Then I'm looking forward to XmasKali boning everyone with Rozuel.

13. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

if you can't appreciate pixel art then you need to get off my lawn!

for real though I hope this is not going to be the new flavor of the month for Gungho. would be really said if for the rest of the year all we get are slightly changed cards with pixel art instead. like a pixel Bastet with a .5x increase to her multiplier would be neat but not exactly worthy of a big reveal like on a stream or instead of an Awoken. and talking about Bastet, I wonder if this time they have a solution for people that made Revo Bastet already.

14. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

We got Revo Ares and InI. They are both literally exactly what we expected them to be. Except now for Revo Norse they get 3x atk on skill use. I wish they just changed the static buff to 3x atk. Not a big fan of the atk boost on skill use. Especially with how important niche inherits are becoming. Either way for new players they are still solid leads with a straightforward play style that will be able to clear 90% of content. New Ronia pairs nicely with Freyr and Gronia with Freyja I guess. Loki never had anyone to pair with . Lol Loki was my top lead in the spring of '13. I dreamed of him getting a dark partner lead that would offer 2x hp and atk so I could make that sweet 2/4/2 set up.

15. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    They were release May 29th in JP. I expect we will see them with this maintenance or shortly thereafter.

I kinda like the droughts. Reinvigorates my interest when you coast for a while with nothing new then you get a big wave of new toys.

16. tanpopo

tanpopo please don't eat me

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Maybe we'll get Reincarnated Pixel Ace Bastet who can either be uevo'd from Reincarnated Bastet or reincarnation evo'd from Ace Bastet. Turn those evo trees into evo webs.

nickjr and らぶたん like this.
  17. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm very sad that Split Urd looses Attacker typing. I'm having so much fun with my Revo Shiva/Awoken Belial pairing that I'm Afraid to switch her over.

18. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly i'm fine with pixels, a lot of good art gets wasted simply because you can't actually look at it while playing the game normally.
    I loathe how gungho is following the same powercreep pattern of the last two years, we have an awesome combo meta that is ready to get devoured by stupid and unfun mechanics; 3x3 squares with built in actives to pass combo shields? not for me thanks..

19. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Cunnin' Linguist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So Ney should be released with the next update, right? As well as all the Norn/Sonia split ults and the long awaited(at least for me) Revo Karin?!

20. YamaKyu

YamaKyu LMETA HYPE

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I really hope so ! I just can't wait to annihilate everything with Skuld.
    Also : ult LEscha X Lmeta hype