DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    You would never use one over a FF card if you have one that fits your team. Stats, awakenings, etc, are all better as they always are with REM cards. How effective they will be depends on the team you put them on. They all have low attack, but assuming they can accept relevant killers and the team can burst hard enough in general, they will do their job. For people who didn't get the pixel they wanted in FF, they may be an option depending on the team they are going to be used on.

If you triple latent killer a card, and make the 3x3 box, that card has an additional ~8.5x multiplier. With a good burst, a huge attack stat won't be needed. Now, who knows what future dungeons will be like such as Alt. Arena. Might be way too low, but for what we have now, don't see them being too terrible if you choose to invest in one.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 8:25 AM
  2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hmm, not sure how I feel about this yet. On one hand it gives another use to dupes that isn't going to my ever going pile of 1+million MP. On the other hand irreversible is blatantly a cash grab, but given the mats it wouldn't be cost effective to go back and forth anyways. I think this system will be a lot better when it's fleshed out more with more customization. For example, right now my box lacks an A+/S tier light sub to provide OE to my Ameno team. With this system I could dump valk on R.Apollo and have 100% OE's, granted the active gets a down grade, but still usable for kill boards.

3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I guess. With the new equip things on the horizon coupled with stats assist, they could be more viable.

4. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

This new Assist Evo system is more robust than I had originally anticipated.

It will significantly strengthen row teams (though not enough to make them competitive with TPA/7C (usually), and will add considerable additional passive damage via OE. Also, the idea of adding 6 Assist Evo Grodins to a team for 4800hp/turn regen sounds amazing for leads with an HP% dependent LS.

5. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't forget though that all those cards will get the GOdin active as a result of the inherit.

I think this is a decent design choice from GH, where before people just inherited "better" skills on cards as a general rule, now you might have to deal with a "worse" AS as trade-off for awakenings.

6. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

Absolutely right. A partial band-aid for that problem is leaving the Assist card unskilled. It doesn't eliminate the problem, but decreases it.

7. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

The pain in the ass there being that all of the current assist cards have been out for at least two years (and if you take out Zuoh and Sumire, quite a bit longer). I'm pretty sure I've max skilled all the GOdins in my box without even trying just because I've picked up so many Odin Tamadras naturally in that time.

Maybe we'll get ultimate GungTroll and the new Py will be one that decreases skill levels

8. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

So, I'm STUNNED that they gave us awakenings as good as they have already given us. I wasn't expecting any RBG resists or SBR for a long time, certainly not right off the bat. SO MUCH CHEESE POTENTIAL.

This is taking the game in a direction I like however, whereas before it was inheriting for a better AS and some stats, now you lose a majority of the stats, but gain awakenings, which is insane, but also have to juggle a mediocre inherit. Weighing pros and cons is always awesome, balancing OP awakenings with awful ASes is interesting game design.

Ronia's board change is probably the best one, and it's almost never actually used. The RGB resists are balanced by being on off-color weapons, IE to get a red resist for a Minerva team, you need to equip a Cu-Chu, whose AS is absolutely useless on a Minerva team.

So, the standard excuse for not being devolvable is the different exp curve. With revos, it goes from a 4M curve to a 16M curve, and for this it goes from 4M to 10M. It's a really simple fix, they just make it so that if you devolve, it sets the card back to level 1, no matter the previous exp, and we're good. With revos, it hasn't realy come up since revos are 95% better than the original card, so there's no reason to go back most of the time (the only exceptions where you might want to go back that I can think of are Isis, Suzano, Orochi, and Indra), but with these, you go a COMPLETELY different route, and not being able to go back to the base card means you can't actually run them as a competent sub on a team any more, which is non-trivial. I fully anticipate a way to devolve will endup getting made.

Though, personaly I have so many dupes of these older cards it hardly matters to me for the time being. Keeping 5 of useless cards has finally paid off! :p

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 8:35 PM
  9. Espadas

Espadas You're gonna have a bad time

NEW PANTHEON! GrecoRoman 3.0
    http://puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=710

Now, before everyone start either hyping or dissing the new cards i have something to point out:
    ..... can you hear those far away screams of rage?

IT'S CAO CAO AND LU BU. :penguin:

10. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

Uranus is looking good.

...I'll see myself out.

11. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

You mean Lu Bu and A.Lucifer. Cao Cao can wait.

12. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    We can just pretend they didn't exist. Poor Three Kingdom Generals.

xer 21 likes this.
  13. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Awesome cards, leader skills are solid but sub pool is pretty restricted but as subs their actives are great and all have awesome awakenings if the new heart oe buff stacks some cards will be get their rcv pumped to insane levels

14. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, too bad they got a six star base, though.

15. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

once they start spamming out those 7* GFEs that will completely destroy the meta we will all wish for more 6* releases.

chiubag, HappyNoms and BurningMan like this.
  16. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Its not too bad at least we don't have to wait two years until they get a good awoken ( looking at wisdom kings/mech stars) and the rate at the REM is almost the same as 5star pantheon anyway.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  17. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Really? I thought all six stars had a worse rate than the five stars. Or is that just with GFEs?

18. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

So at +297 with no leader multiplier, latents, badges, or inherits considered, and not factoring in the multiplier from the enhanced orb itself, Mel has 3884 recovery when you match four hearts with the new enhanced heart buff.

...Okay.

19. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

It's safe to assume that 7C cumulative damage is calculated additively and not multiplicatively, right?

1x 7C = 2x damage
    2x 7C = 4x damage
    3x 7C = 6x damage
    (2x damage + 2x damage + 2x damage)

Or is it...

1 x 7C = 2x damage
    2 x 7C = 4x damage
    3 x 7C = 8x damage
    (2 x 2 x 2 damage)

If I remember correctly, before we got our first 3x TPA card there was some debate over whether damage was calculated additively or multiplicatively.

I didn't expect to see triple 7s so soon.

BurningMan likes this.
  20. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Its should be 8x and thats pretty insane, but given that we have cards with quad/quintuple tpa and good attack stats its not too absurd.
    The rates are slightly worse, but its only a minor difference unlike with 6 star gfe.

Knomraski likes this.