DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I was just looking and I have pal point mail around 120 days old. I don't think I've seen it come back around in JP either, so we could still be months away from seeing it again.

2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I dunno. It sounds like Neapolitan ice cream to me - all the flavors in one, but no one tends to actually prefer to eat it.

A pii per rogue clear recently, easy arena pii, pii swapping trades, pii stacked deep in mail. Peak pii have already arrived in surplus, so of course it's time for them to release a rainbow pii now that it's largely superfluous.

If only rainbow pii one-time-only like a latent expansion, lowered the CD of a monster by -1, but not below 7 if haste is involved, or below 1 always. That would be something fun to chase down, and justify a super ultra splendid difficult challenge.

Dooku likes this.
  3. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

I really, really like the basic premise of your idea. I think there would be a greater (but still minute) chance of GH doing something like this if it were more restrictive e.g. only on cards with 10+ turns.

There are a LOT of cards whose value would increase exponentially if their CD was reduced by 1. Diao Chan comes to mind. Cotton is another.

4. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Every haste ever too. Yomi Dra, Tsubaki, etc...

5. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

You are totally correct, but @HappyNoms had already correctly eliminated those as an option.

I think GH does a relatively good job at balancing the active skill with its cooldown. There are exceptions, of course. Cotton is an example of an amazing skill on a crazy short CD, and Set is an example of a totally whatever skill on a snake-fuckingly crazy long CD (relative to its usefulness).

BurningMan likes this.
  6. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

Uhh...I would really advise everybody pop over to PadX and get a look at the "pre-evo" Dragon Caller that's been spoiled.

Now this is one that'll upset me if NA can't obtain it. Looks to me like it could easily be the first >750k MP card. Reddit is speculating it's the first 7* GFE

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  8. Espadas

Espadas You're gonna have a bad time

> delay + Dkali board as active
    > 3 7c
    > +10% team HP
    > unbindable
    > 1292 weighted stats
    > animated and cute artwork
    > PRE-EVO

You know, for a moment i thought she lacked finger awakenings because of the LS but then i immediately realized i was wrong: she herself is one massive middle finger to anything else currently present ingame.....

9. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

a 7* GFE, nobody could've seen that one coming.

BurningMan likes this.
  10. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The rate of powercreep is nuts right now. We barely got 7ca and they're dishing out triple 7ca like nothin'

xer 21 likes this.
  11. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Am i the only one who isn't that impressed, yet?
    Her leader skill seems pretty meh 13x isn't that great any more especially not for that activation requirement and no real hp/rcv boost isn't great either. Awakenings are really good and so are the stats but her active isn't that great due to the lack of 5 color match leads and is on a long cd which is bad for inheritance.
    But given that she will still get an evo or 5 i guess i will be stunned later once they reveal them lol

Knomraski likes this.
  12. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dual leads gives 20% team HP with her awakenings, just saying, she's sporting 4200hp w/out pluses. HP isn't going to be a concern for the team.

Pretty crazy card. No way that is in the MP shop, 3 7c, that's a new GFE hands down.

13. ko300zx

User ID:
    Until they stop putting voids in challenging dungeons, triple 7c cards are for nothing more than fapping at the big numbers on the screen during trash floors. 2x 7c cards like Yuna and Skuld already destroy anything on combo teams so having a third isn't going to really change much. If future dungeons start having billion HP floors with 300 million voids, things might change.

BurningMan likes this.
  14. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

I agree.

I saw the reactions people here were having before before seeing the card itself, so when I actually saw her I was really underwhelmed.

An unbindable 13x rainbow lead with a DKali + 2-turn CD with triple 7C and 1300 weighted stats.

I'd give her LS a C+, her active a B-, her awakenings an A+ and her stats an S+. Unfortunately for her, stats are typically the least important variable in determining a card's value.

I have to say, I'm probably being generous with the C+ LS rating. Ra Dragon, who is technically "free", has a much, much better LS.

Ra Drag: 144x ATK, 2.25x HP and RCV
    Her: 169x ATK

Her team is going to suffer from massive orb-dilution, as do all rainbow teams, so 169x without a shield or HP boost just isn't competitive these days, even despite the inclusion of the 777.

Honestly, judging by the community's reaction I'm afraid I'm missing some key part of her appeal. Am I just not imaginative enough? Probably.

Now, if her LS improves dramatically with her Evo (and LSes typically only improve slightly or not at all with Evos) then I might change my critique.

I don't think I have a single team I'd run her on regularly. I might use her on a Yog team if I needed a delay, but that would be very unusual.

I really, really enjoy the animation though. That is pretty awesome.

BurningMan likes this.
  15. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The delay part of her AS is really not needed as typically you'll kill something after using her skill. Do we know the math yet on 7c's and how they stack? Is it 2+2+2, or 2x2x2 (like prong math)? Additional 8x is pretty massive, and orb dilution is a thing, however 1352x should be fine even with orb dilution. We don't know the exact scaling of all the colors and heart requirement, but could probably get by with base Nohime/Tachi subs as actives, or slap on Azathoth actives on top of theirs, a Fujin on one of the leads, get your pixel for void and Paimon for FUA plus massive HP and I think it's a pretty powerful team.

Nothing new per say, but when you get 7 combos, not needing an active to fully activate I think it's a pretty slick team.

Also Awoken Ralph is out as well, I can change my dupe to him but for some reason I'm holding off, the single turn damage void is really turning me off at this point in time.

16. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

having 1 sub deal enough damage alone for most bosses in the game means you have more room to put weaker subs in the other slots. it even makes it possible to run complete rainbow teams since hitting 1 color with triple 7c2 is enough to clear a floor. and also this is the pre-evo version so the evo will likely have even sicker stats and possibly some other changes.
    also if this is the first 7* GFEs you know there'll be many more soon. chasing 6* GFEs is already horrible, I don't even want to imagine doing that with even rarer cards.

17. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    I read someone saying this might be in a special "dragonbound" machine, maybe similar to heroine, where this is the same as an ilmina or uruka. That wouldnt be horrible I guess.

18. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I thought 7c multiplies like prongs do.

Knomraski likes this.
  19. ko300zx

User ID:
    Yeah they do. And on the topic of TPAs, it's funny...Ney already hits harder with a tpa and 7c.

20. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Same why everyone was jizzing their pants when Revo Haku landed.